“A step back in time” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Big Island ATV Tour Through Waipio Valley
Activities: Driving
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic area of waterfalls and thousand foot cliffs.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
33 attraction reviews
“A step back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Amazing day trip and hike. well worth the hike or drive down with 4 wheel drive only. This is one trip you can do over and over and the experience is never the same.

Visited November 2012

Anaheim, California
13 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The view was breathtaking from the lookout point and I will return someday! We sort of ran out of time here on Big Island, we spent 5 nights and it just wasn't enough time. If you have a 4WD...go down to the valley (even though I don't think the rental car agreement allows you to), perhaps go down there with a tour guide or shuttle to be on the safe side (I heard most of the land down there are private property).

I regret not doing the Waipi'o Valley ATV tour but I will come back! From my initial research...I believe it's about $200+ per person so we picked Zip lining over this adventure (appx $175 a person).

Visited September 2012
New Jersey, USA
35 attraction reviews
“Dress to get wet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I did not take seriously the advice of other reviewers -- dress to get wet. Wear water shoes. It rained on and off the entire afternoon we were there. The roads were muddy. In many places, you could not avoid walking through puddles and streams. It is very beautiful -- go, but be prepared.

Visited February 2013
Kingsford
27 attraction reviews
“go horseback riding in the canyon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stopped one day and did the lookout beautiful. We then went back on friday and did the horseback ride in the canyon so worth it. If you don't go into the canyon I feel you are missing out. We hit it after an evening of rain so we had a ton of waterfalls to see. Really made the experience that much better. Oh and my husband got pictures of wild horses.

Visited February 2013
Sedona, Arizona, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Not to be missed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is an amazing experience! Think Jurassic park.
Lush, green, tropical birds, 2 beautiful waterfalls. You need a 4 wheel drive to drive the 25% grade road down to the beach. We had a jeep wrangler, kept it in 4 low all the way down.
Enjoyed the black sand beach and watching the hand full of surfers catching big waves.
Is beautiful, peaceful and worth it.
Make it a day trip.