“A Cockroach's Delight” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 79 hotels in Augusta
Dallas Texas
“A Cockroach's Delight”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

The wifi works, the AC is cold, the shower and morning coffee is hot, so I can't say it was all bad, especially since the desk staff was nice and the price was cheap. However the cockroaches were bold (I saw several) but fortunately they are too big to wriggle into your ear canal while you sleep!

• Stayed September 2009

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Warner Robins, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

Had an emergency..hubby was in the Medical College Hospital and I needed a place to get my bearings. This was the closest place to the hospital, and I was alone, so I figured, "hey, Econo Lodge, they are a member of the Choice family...what could go wrong!" WRONG answer! This hotel has no business being a Choice property. The standards for this place are so low it has no class. I got the room for the 'hospital rate' of about $55.00. I got to my room(the parking lot is very cramped and small) and the room was musty and damp, and the lighting was horrible. The room stank, and was so dark..it reminded me of scenes from horror flicks. It had a mediocre tv, with a mediocre selection, and the bathroom was gross...pubic hair on the toilet. Also, there was only ONE bar of small soap for the entire room. Bear in mind you had to use this bar of soap to wash your hands at the sink as well as in the shower to shower yourself. That is NOT enough soap for ONE person, let alone two! I must say the area surrounding the property leaves a lot to be desired. It borders on the ghetto part of town....and there are odd folks walking the streets at all hours of the night. Very scary indeed. The room was quiet however, and I did get some sleep, as the bed and pillows were comfortable. Still, this joint needs some major rehab and some help. I wouldn't recommend this place to families or single people who like cleanliness and safety. OH! Must also agree with the other poster about the faucet in the shower..what a stupid design..you waste ten minutes figuring out how to make it work, and then it takes another ten to get it to come off...stupid design.

My opinion...go somewhere else.

• Liked — close to hospital
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
martinez
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

During a difficult time for our family, we found Econolodge. It was right across the street from the hospital and was so nice and clean. They had the best breakfast and all the employees were so courteous and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — the breakfast and the employees were all so courteous and helpful and caring
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
greenville, sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

My biggest mistake was not checking the reviews on trip advisor before I booked a room at this rat infested, hideous, DANGEROUS "hotel." The place is indescribably dirty, surrounded by scary people. The staff is not willing to help at all. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Liked — LEAVING
  • Disliked — The crazy homeless people in the parking lot
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

We booked our reservation through the choice privileges web site so we could get our points. We chose this hotel because we thought it would be close enough for me to walk to the VA Hospital as my fiance was having surgery. When we got there we passed the entrance because the first thing we saw was a dumpster off the side of the drive. We thought it was the back of the building. We drove around the block only to find that it was actually the front entrance. They let us check in early (the only good thing) I didn't check out the room as we needed to get to the hospital and get him checked in.

When I went back that night I found the room to smell, Thank goodness I smoked because it helped to cover up the smell. When I brushed my teeth that night the sink filled with water and still had not gone down by the time I went to bed.

The next morning I couldn't get the shower to come on . I wansn't about to take a bath in the tub so I had to stoop in the bathtub to wash. I was in too much of a hurry to get to the hospital. The Dr. was coming in to see him at 5:30 and I wanted to be there.

I thought about canceling but thought that maybe they might have fixed things by the time I got back. I was only using it to sleep anyway.

That night I got back and sure enough the sink was still plugged. She hadn't even cleaned it. The shower didn't work. I fiddled with the shower trying to get it to come on and finally got it. There was no coffee replaced in the room good thing I brought my own.

I called another hotel right down the road and asked for a reservation for the next night. The next morning I checked out of the Quality Inn. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Disliked — The Room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

There is nothing of quality in this Quality Inn. Stayed Master's Weekend and paid $300+ per night. Had a confirmed room for two beds non smoking. We were given a king bed in a smoking room. Were told that since we booked the reservation over the internet (actually through a travel agent who booked it) that the reservation wasn't guaranteed.

The place is filthy. Rugs were sticky, room smelled like a 1950's roadhouse. Cigarette holes in the carpet, bedspread and even the sheet cover.

Aggressively threatened by a drunk panhandler in the parking lot. Just what you need when starting the day!!!!!!!

Room price was to include breakfast, but for some reason on Sunday, they decided they weren't going to serve it at 9:30 am.

I felt like I was one step away from a homeless shelter. Oh, and the area is anything but cozy and you won't want to walk around during the day OR night.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Room condition, location, lack of cleanliness, being threatened in an unsupervised parking lot by a vagrant. This felt like the type hotel you expect to see on TV when 5 police cars roll into a motel to arrest an escaped convict.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Good Hope, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2005

This hotel is now called the Medical Inn. We had a sick child at the Med center and just stayed at the first hotel we saw. This place was run down and the front desk couldn't speak enough english to answer any of our questions. They advertise a 42 pc cont. breakfast but I guess the condiments count as items. If you want somewhere close to the Med center then go stay at the Comfort Inn for the same price and a much more pleasurable experience.

Stayed October 2005

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!