“The Worst Motel, Beware, V.A. Vets and all other people .” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Brunswick, Georgia
“The Worst Motel, Beware, V.A. Vets and all other people .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Never will we ever stay here again, this was the worst nite we had in years ...It started when my husband asked me to let the covers back, then a spider, jumped out, wow, the toilets and room was so worn down, I was so scared at that point we ask for our money back, but we was told we had to wait til in the morning to talk to manger, We told her we was looking for Hoilday Inn and she told us this was it, so when my husband went to complain, she said she could change our room but that was just as worst ...yes, cheap is 57.89 for the nite but i could of got alot better for the price ...the manger said we done spent the nite so nothing can be done, so i would advise anyone that is the worst motel i ever stayed in .Very noisy, all nite long .....May god be with yall ...

Room Tip: Dont use this motel at all, go to a better place ...
Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brittany S, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey about our property on tripadvisor. We are sorry that you were dissatisfied with your experience. We are currently under new management and our team is working very hard to make Econo Lodge a wonderful property. We will use your review to see where our problem areas are and fix them promptly. I hope that in the future you will give us another chance to satisfy you. We hope to see you again! Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

On Sept. 26, 2012, we found this Econo Lodge particularly convenient to the VA Hospital (which was the purpose of our stay in Augusta), competitively priced, and better appointed and staffed than other motels in the area we'd previously stayed in. Laveda was particularly helpful, checking us in when we were exhausted, making helpful dining suggestions, and also checking up on us later. More than we'd expected. Yes, I wish the complimentary breakfast had fruit. And the bathroom is beginnning to show its age. But overall, mostly because everything was clean, convenient (Wifi worked flawlessly) and especially courteous, I rate it 4 stars.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room, and if you can't figure out how the showers work, call the desk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bholay, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
We're pleased to hear that our staff made your stay as good as you had expected! We hope you'll come back again soon :)
Seaside, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Don't stay here, period. It is located in a dumpy section of town, is itself rundown, has small, ugly rooms, flatly refuses any pets, and is so noisy you will be wakened hourly as new guests arrive. I have stayed in hotels of every level all over the world, and I would rate this as one of the worst. It doesn't even have interesting character to counteract its shabbiness.

• Stayed September 2012
bholay, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
We would like to sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with your recent stay. We try to place guests further away from the road side when requested but sometimes it is just impossible during our busy season. Rooms are renovated now. We hope you'll stay with us again and give us another chance.
Stilson, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were here for a family member whom was in hospital. From the very first day, all of the staff were friendly and considerate of our needs and emotions. Although we had no issues with our room, I witnessed the staff handle any questions or concerns with the upmost respect and in a very timely manner. I recommend this Econo Lodge to any person coming to or staying in the Augusta area, with very reasonable rates and an outgoing and caring staff it is hard to beat the personal service they provide.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
bholay, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Augusta.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed over for a few nights because my grandfather was having surgery at MCG. The front desk was incredably helpful and welcoming and the rooms where very clean and comfortable. I will definatly be staying here again if the situation ever calls for it!

• Stayed May 2012
bholay, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
You are truly appreciated for this fabulous review. It is comments like this that give our team the desire and incentive to make every guest's visit extra special. Thank you for sharing your opinion with TripAdvisor and please return again soon and often.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at an Econo lodge ever, and it started out bad , with my flight getting in late, and when I found the hotel, I was so tired all I wanted was my key , well the night person gave me a smoking room (OMG) it was the worst even though it was clean, and the night person was nice, but on a personal call that she could not stop, and didn't ask me if I wanted a smoking room, I had a bad night, but had been on the road and in the air for ten hours so I had to wait till morning to deal with the problem. In the morning I went to the desk and found the most pleasant personal that was focused and concerned about my need and stay. Problem fixed ASAP with a super clean room, and Rachel focused on my care, and before I could get moved to another room, another concerned staff names sheila asked if there was anything she could do to help without knowing the Problem. I fell cared for and respected as a visitor and will keep my week stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for posting feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We hope to have you visit our property in the near future.

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I must say after reading all of the negative reviews. I was a little afraid to stop. Front desk provided excellent customer service . The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. I explained to her my expectations of a clean room. I asked to see a room before making my final decision. After viewing the room I was impressed with the way the room looked compared to the reviews. I was sold on just this room alone. So therefore, I decided to stay three nights. I reread the reviews and noticed that the reviews were during Masters Week and they could have only complained about the price because room cleanliness was not something to complain about. The property was nice and I will return when in the area again. Affordable, great service and friendly staff is a reason to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
bholay, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your stay. We are so pleased that we were able to make your recent stay at our hotel enjoyable and easy. We do value all of our guests and we try our very best to show it. We hope that next time you are in town whether it be for business or for leisure travel, you will choose to stay with us again.