“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
West Point, Georgia
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Upon arrival into the office I was met with a horrible odor that was extremely strong. Seems this is the smell of the management's home/office. Couldn't find my reservation at first and basically said that I didn't have one. After explaining that I reserved at the direct hotel site online at manager's instructions the manager went into his "home" and brought out his laptop to confirm my reservation. Took full payment and gave me a receipt immediately even though I asked to see the room first. I won't make that mistake again. Very noisy location. Only one towel and couldn't get ahold of manager the rest of the time we were there. Wouldn't answer the phone as well. No little things like shampoo, lotion, etc. Had a coffee maker but no coffee and only two cups for 2 days and 2 people. Nobs missing on cabinet. Stains in rooms and bath. What a miserable stay.

Room Tip: If you want sleep and relaxing room....go elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grovetown, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Hotel was ran by a Manager with an attitude, checked into the room and there was old urination sitting in the toilet. This hotel is below the grade I gave it actually just couldn't go any further. Manager changed the price on the room because I didn't like the room and decided to leave as soon as I could. Not friendly, go elsewhere, price doesn't matter it's simply not worth it!
Filthy, old, smelly, outdated, sheets were horrible, towels were horrible, they gave me one wash cloth for four people. Mattresses didn't fit the bed and not comfortable! Simply put (close down this Place!)

Room Tip: Don't put yourself through the pain of the attitude of the manger and the filthiness of the hote...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sun City West, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I made a reservation for two rooms a year in advance for the 2013 Masters through Hotels.com. The hotel took a deposit immediately. When I called the hotel 2 weeks before our reservation to confirm, the hotel manager was very rude saying that he had no reservation and that he gets 4 times the amount of my reservation during that time period and had no rooms. He even said that if we showed up at his hotel on the day of our reservation, he would not have rooms for us!! I will never stay at an Americas Best Value Inn or use Hotels.com again for that matter......

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The bed was made but not clean. There were hairs all over it and the pillows. When we asked if there was a military rate she asked why on earth should that matter. Should have left then! The pool is covered with a tarp and there are no wash rags.

• Stayed May 2013
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Unfortunately there are not a lot of options fot hotels in Augusta during Masters week. I took a chance on this 2star hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews; not glowing reviews, but ok. There may be some ok rooms at this hotel, but ours was not one of them. The room was not filthy, but it was not terribly clean either. Best word to describe it would be "dingy" !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Senoia, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We found everything to be in working order, but the tub had a draining problem. The carpets felt a little soiled under my feet so I wore my shoes around (forgot slippers). It was close to the interstate so it was easy to find and find my way around. Interstate noise does have potential to keep one awake at night, however. The staff was very courteous at all times. I had no complaints.
Loved the fact that we could (and did) walk to Steak and Shake for a couple of shakes one night. :)

Room Tip: Maybe rooms in the back are quieter to minimize the interstate noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I always stay here when I visit my family. The rooms are clean staff is nice and its close to everything. I will be using this hotel when I come back for my cousins wedding this summer!!

• Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City
Red Roof Inn & Suites Augusta West
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Howard Johnson Inn Augusta-Fort Gordon
Americas Best Inn Augusta - Grovetown
Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Augusta / Fort Gordon? Share your experiences!