“Review from an normal traveler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Medical Center Area

You added Quality Inn Medical Center Area to your Saves list
Quality Inn Medical Center Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1455 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30901 (Formerly Comfort Inn Medical Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Augusta
tightend88
“Review from an normal traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

Let me begin by saying that I am a casual traveler, not someone who is on the road 200 days a year or someone used to rating a hotel. As a matter of fact, this will be my first review.
I was very skeptical about staying at this hotel after reading many reviews saying how dirty it was and how unsafe they felt here. I was also nervous because I could not find any place in Augusta with vacant rooms the week of the Masters, at least not for less than $250 a night.
I made my reservation less than a week before I was arriving and was suprised to hear that they had available rooms for around $100 a night. I made the reservation half thinking I would cancel later if I could find someplace special.
When my father and I got into the room we were very suprised. The first thing I noticed was the room was nicely appointed and CLEAN. The beds were very comfortable, the shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure and we thoroughly enjoyed staying there.
The continental breakfast was very good and hit the spot (I am a sucker for good biscuits and gravy) and everyone was very polite and helpful. The nice lady working the front desk gave good information on the quickest route to Augusta National and we made it there in less than 10 minutes.
My only advice would be to ask for a room facing away from the street as there is pretty good traffic outside and can be a little noisy.
We had a great stay and would definately recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
gmga312, General Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, May 21, 2009
Thank you for your kind words. We strive very hard to provide our guest with a great stay at a reasonable price. Many times people will take the time to inform of a negative experience rather than a pleasant stay. We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your stay. We will continue to provide great service, clean rooms all at a reasonable price and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Athens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

The rooms were not clean. The bed sheets were gross. There business center was not working. There free "high speed internet in the rooms" was a joke. The people at the front desk really need to look up customer service dictionary. We had booked three rooms, and none of them were up to cleanliness standards. Find another unless all you are looking for is a good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

We were in Augusta for a funeral one night only. I am sorry but this hotel was nothing to write home about. The room did not appear clean and did not feel I wanted to walk around on their carpet with bare feet. The bathroom lighting was horribly dim which made the overall effect look dirty. I did not sleep at all because of the noise, trains, loud music from inconsiderate people in cars in the parking lot and the feeling that something might crawl on me. The furniture and beds needs to be pulled away from the walls and the carpet given a good shampooing and vacuuming. Not a place I would stay in again.

Stayed November 2008
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

Where to start.....
When I called, I asked for the military rate and they told me to show an ID at check-in. I did so and was not given the rate. I proceeded to my room.... there was a terrible odor outside... not sure what it was. Got in the room and noticed first that there were stains all over the comforter, the microwave was dirty, there was dry snot on the wall, there was a large splatter on one of the walls, the carpet looked like it was not vaccumed. I chose to stay the night (I booked for 4 nights) because I had never been to Augusta and I had a meeting that lasted until 9pm and did not have time to find my way around to another place. So, I went to CVS nearby and got some Lysol wipes and rubber gloves (I promise) and made due (thank God I brought my own pillow and blanket). It was difficult to sleep that night because I was freaked out by the filth and it was so loud. The next day I decided to check out and find another place. I voiced my concerns at check out and made sure to ask for the military rate again which I was told I should have asked for initally.... which I had.

I noticed that they had a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back so I called Choice Hotels and put in a complaint. In short, they would not refund my money back because I did not give them a chance to fix the problem.... I don't think it could have been fixed anyway, honestly.

I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. If you want a WAY better hotel at a similar rate try the Best Western. This place is gross! I have pictures to prove it. By the way, there were some other people in the classes I was taking (I just met them) who left the Comfort Inn too because it was nasty.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
gmga312, General Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, July 11, 2008
Again, I am very sorry. As I explained to you when you complained, the satisfaction of our guest is our top priority. It dissapoints me to know we did not satisify you. If you had informed any of our staff at any time during your stay, we would have taken every effort to correct the situation. The satisfaction policy that you inquired about was explained on the display that we need the oppurtunity to offer a solution. When you reported your issues you had checked out with the staff and left the hotel. We were never informed of a problem until you filed the complaint with our corp office. Again, we hope that you will give us the oppurtunity to accomodate you and show you we care about our guest.
Anchorage, AK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

This hotel was a great deal. They gave my husband a military rate. They really accomodated us. We were staying for a week and had with us our 16 month old daughter and 2 small dogs. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The housekeeping staff was especially friendly! The breakfast was pretty good and the room was clean. I would stay again.

• Liked — Housekeeping Staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
gmga312, General Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, June 20, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass along the wonderful comments you wrote to our staff. We look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

I was staying in town for one evening for a wedding. This was the closest hotel to the wedding reception. Great price!

The room was a great size and clean. I think I even smelled bleach in the bathroom. I guess some may not like that smell but it confirmed cleanliness for me!! The bed was super comfortable and the towels were the softest that I have ever encountered!

The staff was great upon check in and even the next morning during breakfast. They even let me check in at 1pm so that I had time to get ready for the wedding.

The only problem was other guests. I guess that there were numerous teenagers or young adults who were staying there and came in drunk. Throughout the night, they were yelling off the balconies, throwing stuff and running up and down the stairs. My only thought was that there should be security guard for situations like this. I didn't get any sleep. From the reviews, it seems that this is not usual for the property so hopefully this doesn't happen often?

Stayed February 2008
Thank you for writing the review. I am very sorry for the noisey people during your stay. We know that a good nights rest is the main reason that people choose us. We strive to provide a peaceful night to all guests and that is why there is a staff member here all night.The staff tries to maintain a quiet night I am again sorry for the experience.
panama city, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

We stayed here on our way home from visiting family up North. It's pretty much just an average hotel with average cleanliness. Nothing real great but nothing really bad. If your looking for a place to stay I would say it's an ok place to stay. The neighborhood to me was questionable. I'm can't say for sure but it looked kind of run down.

Stayed July 2007
gmga312, General Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, June 23, 2008
Thank you for your comments. We try to accomodate our guests with above average serve as our guests expect. Thank you for your time to respond in regards to your stay.

Been to Quality Inn Medical Center Area? Share your experiences!