“family in medical center” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Medical Center Area

You added Quality Inn Medical Center Area to your Saves list
Quality Inn Medical Center Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1455 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30901 (Formerly Comfort Inn Medical Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Bowersville, Georgia, United States
“family in medical center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed two nights. Found this to be a fresh and clean hotel . Very reasonable rates. Good breakfast in lobby. Location good for visiting the hospital . Stayed in the handicap access room. Just wish there had been a place to hang my garments.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hilary T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello Patsy, and thank you for your words of kindness. We are so glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us! All of our handicap accessible rooms contain closets at an accessible height where clothing may be hung and stored. Unfortunately we did not receive a complaint from you in regards to any inconvenience. If we have the pleasure of accommodating you in the future, please feel free to reach out to us with any issue, as we will gladly do all we can to help. Thank you, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a 2 Star Motel and to be frank, I have never stayed in a 2 Star motel before. On the basis that I was charged $400 for a room for a night (during Masters week), perhaps I should rate it based on an expectancy for that price level?

I requested a Non Smoking room - but on entry, there was a smell. Stale smoke or damp?
The room was very basic and appointed for a more normal rate of $50-60??

Breakfast was also basic - and nowhere near as good at what we purchased for $6 at Augusta National. Probably a value of around $3...

Staff were courteous and polite - and probably the most attractive aspect of this place.

We live in a world of supply and demand - hence the $400. You can't blame the operator for leveraging their once a year surge in demand... Next year, I will book a hotel somewhere within a 30 miles radius of Augusta National - I may pay $400 - but I will get better value

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello, David. Thank you for your review. I must advise you that all hotels in Augusta must charge higher rates during the week of the Masters tournament due to extreme demand. Please note that hotels with higher accommodations may charge as much as $1000 a night or more. Our breakfast is of brand standard, and is very rarely complained about by our guests. Thank you again.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I came to Augusta for the masters tournament and stayed at this hotel. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were clean. They had a complimentary reception which I thought was absolutely fantastic! Overall my stay was wonderful and if I come to Augusta again this will be where I stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Brittany S, Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our property. It makes me happy to hear that you stay was fantastic. We work very hard everyday so that guest will enjoy their stay and return when they need a place to lay their head. I hope we will see you in the near future. Thanks again.
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

While the staff were all hospitable and helpful, the room wasn't particularly clean, especially the bathroom. But the big problem was bugs. We saw waterbugs in the bathroom, and both of us were bitten multiple times during the night, but which we can only assume were bedbugs.

In addition, while not a fault of the hotel, the proximity to the train tracks, meant we didn't get the most peaceful night's sleep. Trains run all night long, and constant horns kept us up most of the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Brittany S, Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We are under new management and we are working very hard to make sure that everything is up to standards. Although you did not enjoy your stay I hope that in the future you will give us another try. I appreciate your feedback and we will all be working hard to correct these problems.
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband had meetings at the medical center and wanted to stay close by. So we found this hotel. It is next to the medical center but also next to the Augusta housing projects. The rooms were terrible - clean enough but old and dank and smelly. The toilet paper roller was broken so the toilet paper was just lying around. I also did not feel particularly safe staying here. They keep the lobby doors locked at night and have a "walk up" window...kind of like at gas stations. If I could do it over again, I would spend a little more money and stay a little further away. Luckily we were only in the room for about 12 hours. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hilary T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for leaving a review in regards to your stay with us. I am sorry to hear of the inconveniences encountered during your time here. We will be more than happy to discuss these issues further to ensure that they do not occur again in the future. Please feel free to give us a call at 706-722-2224, we look forward to hearing from you.
Cornelius, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I'm sure the manager is going to post after this how he appoligizes and it's an isolated case. I came in late one night and was met with terrible service. I can live with that. I know you get what you can to work the overnight hours. But the room, sheesh....couldn't it have been cleaned? I went back to ask about another room three minutes later and was told (after being asked before if I wanted one or two beds) that the hotel was sold out. OK, I'm in the messy room for the night.
The next morning I find out I can't get a bill because I came in too late (huh?). I ask for the manager and am told they aren't in but someone will get in touch with me. I've now called the hotel two times to leave my information and I'm still waiting on that call from the manager. I'm a Choice Diamond member and didn't even get my points as well. I'm sure dirty room, bad service, not an available bill, a joke for a breakfast, and a manager that doesn't get or won't return calls is what we all want in a hotel....right?

Room Tip: Head to a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stenson W, Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Indeed good Sir, it is my duty to apologize to you regarding your experience. It would appear that our Night Desk Clerk attempted to accomodate you in your time of need during the late night hours. In that effort, they sent you to a room that was reported to be clean by the Housekeeper assigned to that room. That housekeeper has been reprimanded for her actions. It is unacceptable and not our standard. We are currently undergoing minor renovations, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Our breakfast is a point of compliment, and I am sorry you didn't enjoy our biscuits and gravy,sausages, waffles, bagels,coffee and tea. We also have cereal and oatmeal that is here for your enjoyment.

We strive to accomodate guest when they need us, and to provide a decent experience that meets expectations. Please, by all means, give us another chance, and allow us to show you our improvements and renovations,and that we value your opinion and you as a guest.
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

the staff were all nice. But Jeff stand out more for us. Jeff take good care of us every time
we travel to Augusta every 2 or 3 times a month to the Medical center.
Our room is clean we are happy with the service we get. we just want to thank all
the staff and Jeff for caring about your guest who stay at your hotel.
The Washington Family

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hilary T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to express such positive feedback! We are always happy to learn that our staff members are going out of their way to make our guests feel comfortable and at home. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Been to Quality Inn Medical Center Area? Share your experiences!