“An Augusta Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Augusta
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“An Augusta Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

A historic Augusta hotel that has all the charm you would expect in the deep south. The Partridge Inn is situated in a lovely residential neighborhood. The staff is exceptionally friendly, the rooms are comfortable, and the restaurant is great. Loved eating on the veranda shaded by an old magnolia. The pool is in an inviting courtyard and there is convenient covered parking in the rear. A great find and I definitely hope to stay there again and get to explore more of Augusta.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TijuanaJenkins, Director of Sales at The Partridge Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Partridge Inn.
We appreciate your business and are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Your comments are important to us and we appreciate that you took the time to critique your stay with us. We will pass them along to our staff.
We look forward to serving you again when in Augusta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Clarkesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I booked two days at the Partridge Inn because of its proximity to the medical district in Augusta. It is very close to the office where I will be working for the next several months, and the setting of the neighborhood is very pleasing. I felt I could deal with the sub-standard fitness center and quirky rooms given the nice looking area around the hotel where I could walk or run. I discovered that the old hotel, Bonair, across the street is now income-adjusted apartment housing for seniors and has recently been the subject of newspaper articles regarding the decline of the neighborhood. Locals have also warned me not to be outside in ANY part of Augusta because of the crime. Upon first glance, the room is clean, cool, and comfortable. Look closer and you'll find a scuzzy tub with a rubber bath mat provided (YUCK!). The toilet bowl is round. The room I was in had a large sink and counter area, which was nice, and plenty of nooks to place your products. I prefer a more modern bathroom, unfortunately, and this is the prevalent reason I will not be returning to the Partridge. I was in room 102, which is actually one of the original dwellings during the time in the 30's the hotel was converted to apartments. In the kitchen, the dishwasher has to be opened to pull out the silverware and utensil drawer. The fire extinguisher is missing in this room and in my colleague's room across the hall. The televisions are lousy Insignias, and the one in the living room cannot be adjusted so that the picture is wide and the bottom/top of the picture isn't cut off. There is no coffee table on which to prop your feet while you clutch your ONE cup of caffeinated coffee. Why some hotels will not leave more than one packet of coffee is beyond me. If you park in the deck on the 2nd or 3rd level, you have to drag your bags down the steps. The first level is the only one with no steps to enter the building, and most, if not all, the parking spaces are narrow. The top level has the biggest parking spaces, and for those who drive their own new cars and dislike door dings, it's the only option.

As far as the check-in experience, it was fast, flawless and personable. I give that five stars.

I ate dinner at the Partridge one day last week with my colleague, and found the service inattentive and slow (which is pretty much par for the course in Augusta--another characteristic I find baffling). The salad I ordered was of acceptable size. The entrees are all $14 and up. Too much, in my opinion, and not enough variety exists on their menu. I am not even going to bother with breakfast, as I hear the cheapest choice is around $8. I will drive 4 miles to Starbucks for a good, large cup of coffee and hearty blueberry oatmeal for less than $6.

Pros:
Historic hotel (if that is what you're looking for)
Friendly Front Desk Service
Ideal Location for Medical District
Beautiful View, evidently on the downtown side of the building on upper floors
Pretty neighborhood
On-site restaurant and bar
Comfortable bed
Quiet Room (on first floor, at least)
Elevators
Kitchens available
Lack of electrical outlets mitigated with power strip near the bed
Iron, Ironing Board, Hair Dryer provided
Nice pool area
Nice courtyards

Cons:
Bathrooms and kitchens need to be updated
Not as clean upon further inspection
Televisions
Fitness center needs more and modern equipment (PreCor is the desired manufacturer)
Difficult to close drapes behind bed...had to get on the bed and even then it was a struggle
Stairs to enter building from 2nd or 3rd level
Cellular service on 1st floor
Restaurant prices and service
No continental breakfast (should be an option at nearly $130/night / hotels.com)
One caffeinated coffee

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for chosing the Partridge Inn.
We apologize that your stay was less than desirable. We have noted your comments and have passed long to the appropriate departments to use in our continuous effort to improve.

We have a variety of rooms, some on higher floors that do not have any stairs to get to. Luggage can be dropped up at the front entrance prior to parking so that stairs will not have to be endured. Also, a member of our staff will be happy to assist.

Our restaurant can offer a continental option for breakfast upon request.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again when you are in Augusta.
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Yes, I see the other reviews. How you have to have a 'keen sense of perspective and content'. And I think that's not really true.

A vintage hotel can be kept up. It can be clean. It can be comfortable. I've stayed in dozens of vintage hotels that are clean, well kept and comfortable. The Partridge Inn is not one of them.

PROS:

Downtown Augusta location
"Homey" if you like that sort of thing
Wide variety of floor plans
Very accommodating staff
On site parking
Decent bathroom lighting
Refrigerator and microwave included (at least, they were in my room)
Decent food in the restaurant for a decent price
"Atmosphere" to some degree

CONS

Not as clean as I would like
Worn out in many areas
Too much deferred maintenance for my taste
Some funky room layouts that you may not like
Tiny little flat screen televisions
Not super soundproof
Absolutely horrible pillows
Poor quality linens on the bed

I've included some photos so you can see where I am coming from. I didn't feel the room was worth the price paid and I really believe this hotel is definitely sliding downward in quality.

I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different. I would probably have appreciated a balcony room if one would have been...
Thank you for choosing the Partridge Inn.
We appreciate that you took time to comment on your recent stay with us. Your comments are important to us and the issues you raised will be used in our improvement model as we go forward.
We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again so that you can experience the level of comfort that we offer.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I almost always stay here when I travel on business. I love the history behind the hotel. It's not a chain. It's unique. They keep the grounds up and the rooms. I particularly like the rooms with balconies that overlook downtown Augusta. Also, you can get a little refrigerator upon request which I like to keep a bottle of wine in for my after-work happy hour on the balcony.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for continuing to choose the Partridge Inn.
Your business is important to us.
We appreciate that you took the time to comment on your stay.
We look forard to your next visit.
Irmo, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

you could not find a better place to stay anywhere that i know of. by far the most friendly and accommodating staff i have ever found!!! from check in to check out there was always a staff member to great you with a warm and honest hello! room are very substantial, clean and hommey.
all you could ask for and more. a definite place to return to. an added plus is the very fine restaurant and bar on the second floor with the open veranda for an additional choice for seating or viewing. meals were so good and sunday brunch is one just to return for again even if you don't stay overnight!! what a fine establishment!!

Room Tip: every room is perfect!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Partridge Inn.
We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and staff.
We strive to make each interaction a memorable one.
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The staff here were absolutely wonderful. I had occasion to make special requests about 4 times, and each time, the people working at the Partridge were happy to help.

Of note, this is a historic hotel. it's comfortable, but it is very old. Not for those who don't have a keen sense of perspective and context.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing The Partridge Inn.
We appreciate your business and the comments regarding our staff.
We strive to make each and every interaction a memorable one.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

the staff was helpful and kind. i was in rather a snit when i arrived without a reservation (my other accommodations in augusta didn't work out), and the desk clerk settled me down and i was given a very nice room with a balcony overlooking the street. i enjoyed a glass of wine in the quiet bar that also helped calm me down so that i could enjoy augusta. the room was clean, the bed was comfy, the bathroom spotless. it's old, yeah, but it had a little more character than the best western or ramada.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We are glad that you found your way to the Partridge Inn.
Thank you for your comments on the staff and your stay with us.
We are historic but we do strive to make each stay memorable.
We hope that you stay with us again when you are in Augusta.

Been to The Partridge Inn? Share your experiences!