“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I would definitely recommend this place for a trip to Augusta. The location is perfect on the top of the hill. The bar is nice at night on the weekends and the Sunday brunch is great. It has a historic location. It has a pool and gym. The rooms are clean and the water pressure is good. I wouldn't say the rooms are luxurious, but they were more than adequate and we paid less than $100 per night...much more reasonable than the Marriott downtown. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TijuanaJenkins, Director of Sales at The Partridge Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Partridge Inn. We appreciate your patronage and are glad that oyu enjoyed your stay with us.
We are a historic hotel with a lot of charm and character that offers itself for a memorable experience.
We hope that you stay with us again when you are in Augusta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed one night at this local Augusta hotel. The original structure was from the turn of the century and has seen several additions and renovations over the years - the last renovation was in 2006. The room we had was fine though the view was of the back steps leading to the lower level of the parking garage. The TV was small and sat on a dresser. There was no ceiling fan and the a/c unit which was housed in a closet behind the headboard clicked on throughout the night and was loud...when the a/c was not running, the room was very stuffy. The light from the hallway came through around the doorframe and was very bright - especially during the middle of the night when the a/c kept us awake.
There was a rubber bathmat in the shower which had a strong clorox odor.
The room was clean but just had a tired feel to it (and I do appreciate the age and history of this hotel).

We met our friends on the veranda for a drink before going out to dinner. The porches are wonderful though in need of some sprucing up.

Two of our friends are very early risers and said they had enjoyed complimentary coffee (being offered at the restaurant on the 2nd level by the veranda) and watched the sun come up.

All the hotel personnel were pleasant and efficient.

The location is convenient to downtown.

This hotel is fine for the experience of staying in a landmark hotel but I doubt I would return. I understand it is now under foreclosure so it will be interesting to see what will happen in the months to come.

Room Tip: ask about the view before accepting a room - we were in 208 which looked at the back steps/lower par...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TijuanaJenkins, Director of Sales at The Partridge Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to comment on our facility. We appreciate your business.

We are a historic hotel and as such have to strive to maintain the integrity of the property. We have had many transitions over the years and continue to operate as we have for many years and are looking forward to many years in the future.

If you are back in Augusta we would love to have you come back and visit us.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night. The hotel rooms are clean and adequate for a good night's rest. The hotel manager went out of his way to make sure we had a great time. I would recommend this hotel for a quiet, relaxing night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Partridge Inn.
It is patrons like you that take the time to write a review of the hotel that makes us better.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I made reservation, revised reservation, cancelled reservation and remade reservation...each time I called, I was treated very professionally. Husband and I were headed to Augusta for a wedding and bride and groom reserved a block of rooms. I was a little concerned because of a few poor reviews so I was pleasantly surprised when we entered our spacious, exceptionally clean, charming room!! Beds were super comfortable, had a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, room darkening curtains and to me, most importantly, a super clean bathroom! We went down to the bar to meet up with extended family and immediately felt welcome. Staff could not have been Friendlier. Sat am breakfast buffet...we arrived at 0955 and buffet ended at 1000, kitchen kept refilling food for all of us latecomers. Overall, a great experience, would highly recommend this unique Inn!

NY, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been to Augusta a few times on business and each time I've stayed at some non-special chain hotel and have been unimpressed by them. This time, I took my client's suggestion and stayed at the Partridge Inn. The location is great, and as you drive up Walton Way, you see this clearly historical property smiling at you around the corner. Looks great!
Then you turn down the street into the car park, and still have your hopes pretty high as the car park looks safe, secure and with enough spots.
Walk into the hotel where you pass the pool, and you notice that the pool is pretty small, but looks clean and good enough to enjoy if you'd have time to do so (I did not).
The lobby is pretty well lit and clean and the staff was certainly courteous. At this time I was actually starting to get excited about my 1 night stay here. I really don't require much... A clean bed, quiet room, working TV and Shower, and a safe feeling and I'm good.
When I get to the room, I immediately notice a slight "musty" smell, but don't think too much as it is a historical property and I'm only staying 1 night.
I then notice the tiny bathroom - with a GIANT walk-in closet in it (couldn't they have used the space a little better?) and small TV opposite the bed... note the TV did have cable but the quality of the signal and the TV picture were both pretty poor.
There were only 3 outlets in this very large room, and there were 2 power strips connected into each other which seemed a bit unsafe as tons of stuff were plugged into them. I also noted that the mattress was stamped "Jan/Feb/Mar" although my stay was in June - indicating it had been a while since it was changed.
All of this is barely notable until I kept hearing what sounded like an old refrigerator, like the one your grandmother has in her basement since the year of the flood... just kicking off, and on, and making all kinds of noises. I poked around the other end of this room (it was a big room) where I found the noise seemed to be coming from behind a closet door that was locked.
I pulled the door handle and although it was locked, it just opened right up and I saw a small hot water heater and what seemed like a ventilation system from the 1900's and a pile of other old, decrepit looking wood and stuff which apparently was the source of the noise.
What I couldn't figure out was, why was this in my room (the air conditioner was in the wall, so this was not providing any air conditioning)... the thing worked all night, even though I clearly wasn't running the water in the sink... it wasn't heat in June... No idea but it was loud, and quite ugly. This totally didn't need to be IN the room as the room had all of these nooks and crannies in it, where this area could've been made outside of the room and it would've still been large enough to be comfortable.
Bottom line is this hotel probably was gorgeous back in the day but needs a complete restoration. So far I haven't found a "great" hotel in Augusta but please do not believe anyone who says this one is it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Partridge Inn.
We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel.
Though the property has many charming charateristics it does have unique architecture that is indictive to the time period of i's orgin which in some ways make this a quaint facility. We truly apologize if it did not meet your expectations because that is what we strive for with each and every customer.

We thank you for your thoughts and hope that you have an opportunity to visit the Augusta area again and stay with us.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Quickly booked a room on the road headed home from Atlanta. What a wonderful surprise The Partridge Inn turned out to be. Check in was wonderful! Keon at front desk was playful and knowledgeable and took extra time out to give us a map and directions of places to go around the area. We met Janet several times around the hotel she was very nice and gave us exceptional service even personally taking us to the restaurant to get a menu for room service! Ended up never leaving the hotel! Completely enjoyed our balcony room! Room was large with fridge and microwave very clean! Wandered down to see the stairs that lead to nowhere and ended up happily planting ourselves at the bar till it closed. Vince was our fabulous bartender who took care of us and our late night food order. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this hidden gem in Augusta and will recommend it in a minute to all. Please keep in mind this is a historic building so it is old, creaks and uneven floor boards are common but that is exactly what adds to the charm!

Room Tip: Definitely go for balcony room if available!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a wonderful historic hotel - beautifully renovated and maintained. Staff was certainly efficient and at the same time friendly, courteous, and attentive. Room was clean, modern, well supplied and the bed was awesome. Enjoyed the long front veranda and charming pool area. I would recommend this hotel as an affordable and enjoyable experience much preferable to a cookie cutter chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Partridge Inn? Share your experiences!