“Small and Charming” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Iowa City, Iowa
“Small and Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here for a week while in the process of moving. I plan on staying again. The hotel structure is older so if you don't like that I wouldn't stay. That being said, it does not have the old musty smell that the Marriott downtown has. We found the rooms to be clean as were the common areas.
The rooms were large. We had both a suite and a King room, both very spacious. There was a fridge in the suite.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Their courtyard pool is saltwater, a nice surprise for a hotel pool.

Room Tip: The road noise on Walton Way can get loud so ask for an interior room if possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, Director of Sales at The Partridge Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We want to be one of the first to welcome you to Augusta. We strive to maintain a high level of service matched with the warm hospitality of a day gone by. We work tirelessly to provide each of our guests a wonderfully memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you again.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I had reserved my hotel room in advance I called and let them know I would be late getting in I was told when I arrived that I got one of the cut up roams because that's what was left my reservation was for two weeks the next morning I asked to be moved I made this request at 7:30 AM I returned to the hotel at 6 PM my room was a suite as requested however my bed was changed from a king to a queen because that's all they had left Per my request my luggage was to be moved to my new room. When I got to my room with the queen bed my luggage was missing I went to the front desk only to find three other people in line complaining about their room. A very nice young lady named Tijuana pulled me aside because she could tell I was upset she tried to find me another suite we went to four rooms the first room was cut up with a queen bed the second room smelled like dog urine. I am now told there are no more suites available that they have been given to the customers coming in. We then go to the third room which was okay however had stairs which I could not do. We go to the fourth room and someone had slept in the bed laid in the bed and the room was not clean. took the third room Which was not a suite which I had reserved. I go to dinner the appetizer took 40 minutes to come out my maincourse took another 40 minutes to 45 minutes to come out the wine was Skunky and the Manhattan was terrible I came back to my room to take a shower only to find mold all inside the shower. There was nasty hair product from a previous guest and some type of cream on the walls this place is a one star hotel with terrible service the parking is terrible be prepared to walk stairs if you come to this hotel. If the hotel was truly as beautiful as the website it would be an absolutely beautiful experience and a wonderful place to stay however the website does not reflect what's behind the closed doors. Check out the photos I have attached. Guest from Vero Beach Florida

• Stayed July 2012
Richard L, Director of Sales at The Partridge Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please forgive us for your experience. Occasionally, we have to move a guest to another room based on personal preference or a maintenance issue. If a guest requests another room we try, as Tijuana did, to find one that best fits his or her needs. Normally, this is a smooth process and our guests are happy. Your experience is not common and unacceptable. The issues you noted are being addressed. We will be reaching out to you personally to express our regrets and hope you will afford us another opportunity for a future stay.

Navarre, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Lived less than a mile away for 6 years. Always loved the Veranda. However, never had the experience of staying as a guest until returning for a shower. Called ahead, at 7am, and asked for early check in at 1pm. Said they would try to accommodate but put it down as a request. Two of our friends staying at the hotel checked in early at noon, without calling in advance. They were in nice rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor. We walked in and were given a room right around the corner from the front desk. It looked like the basement when we walked in. Had inch high windows at the top of the wall. We walked back out and refused to stay in that room. Why they wouldn't have saved one of the nicer rooms for us, since we called ahead? Horrible customer service on their part.

Checked in later that day, 4 hours later and were in a room on the 4th floor overlooking downtown. Much nicer. However, we heard everything in the hallway, in the rooms next to us, and above and below us. Needless to say, we went to bed at midnight but heard the rest of the hotel partying until the wee hours. Would definitely suggest staying downtown on the waterfront, rather than here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors. Definitely try the breakfast on the veranda!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate your comments. We regret that your initial room did not meet your expectations and are glad we were able to find you another room. If at all possible, we try not to locate our guests above or close to noisy areas. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The online pictures of this hotel make it look very lovely, when really it is falling apart and dirty. I called the front desk before I checked in and asked if I could get a fridge in my room. I was told it would be up there when I checked in. Well you can probably guess that it wasn't there. I asked again for the fridge and they said they would have the maintenance guy bring it up. It never came so I just gave up and used the ice machine to keep my insulin cool. I found a cockroach in my room on the next night and the staff said they couldn't give me a refund because I booked on priceline. The front desk staff also told me that the cockroach was probably just a "water bug", but seeing as there were half eaten chicken wings laying in the hallway on the carpet I think it's probably safe to assume it was a cockroach. I also compared the picture I took of the cockroach to pictures of them online and it was definitely a roach not a water bug!!! I checked out and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express instead. What a waste of money!! They really need to give the PI a thorough cleaning and work on their customer service skills.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your concerns. We constantly strive to improve the quality and service of the Partridge Inn. We have completed several restoration projects on the Inn and, as common with historic properties, continue to make improvements. I am truly sorry you were not pleased with your stay and hope to have you as our guest again.

Middletown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed this past weekend for a wedding and really enjoyed myself. The front of the house staff were excellent. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Ended up celebrating with guests of the wedding until the early morning on the porch. Had a fantastic time and would recommend the Inn to anyone visiting Augusta.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Weddings are an exciting time at the Partridge Inn! We’re thankful you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, our verandahs are one of our most loved spaces. Thank you for your recommendation. It means a lot to us.

Martinez, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My son recently got married at the Partridge Inn. From the rehearsal dinner to the wedding, I could not have asked for a better staff or facility. The food was delicious and the everything was just beautiful. Many of the guests, including the bride and groom, stayed out on the veranda late into the evening just enjoying friends and being together. It was a wonderful experience and I will treasure the memories forever. Thanks to all at the Partidge Inn for making the fairy tale come true!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, make sure you don't stay in a room over the dining room where the ba...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
What a privilege it was to be a part of your son’s special day! We are thankful you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your comments. We hope to have you return in the future.

Warm Regards,

Manchester, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at the Partridge Inn this past weekend for a wedding and the experience was very enjoyable. With three wedding parties at the inn, the place was packed and festive. The food at the rehersal dinner was excellent, room were clean and comfortable and the staff was exceptional. The pool was fanstastic on both Friday and Saturday. The only downside is parking is very limited when the Inn is at capacity especially on Friday and Saturday nights when apparently many locals visit the bar. Ask to stay away from from the bar on weekends because the band and crowd stayed around past 2 AM. Definitely would recommend the Inn to anyone and will stay there again if in the Augusta area.

Room Tip: Stay away from the bar side of the Inn on weekends if you do not like party noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, Director of Sales at The Partridge Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
We truly appreciate you staying with us here at The Partridge Inn. It was an exciting weekend at the Inn with three wedding parties. We were thankful to be a part of these special celebrations! Please forgive us for the noise from the band and guests. We try not to place guests in rooms that are within close proximity to the fun and will happily move guests if possible. I hope you were able to park. On busy nights, we try to free up as many parking spaces as possible. We have additional parking in a lot across the street and some street side spaces. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Director of Sales

Been to The Partridge Inn? Share your experiences!