“Charming Historic Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 79 hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Charming Historic Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

What a charming historic hotel! I thoroughly enjoyed staying here. The king room suite
was clean and roomy with a separate living room. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like I was home. The restaurant served a wonderful Sunday buffet and had seating outside on the large shady porch. The staff was very friendly and were interested in making our stay a great one. I would recommend staying at this hotel to get a feel for historic Augusta and the Masters!

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor was quiet. Some rooms have kitchenettes.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, Director of Sales at The Partridge Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind compliments. We always appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return soon.

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

No other two words can describe the Augusta GA Partridge Inn other than "THE BEST." I stay just about every weekend in one of the balcony rooms. The service provided by the hotel staff is just incredible! From the front desk clerks - Lakeeya, Megan, Will, etc - they are all so helpful and accomodating to meet your every need! The cleaning staff and all of the other hotel staff all are so attentive to meeting your every need. Like any hotel - there are always a few things that might happen during a stay - for example problem with clock, radio, but that was handled promptly and was no big deal when you consider the overall atmosphere you get to enjoy at this old historical hotel. The breakfast in the mornings is SO GOOD! The Partridge Inn Bar and Grill has the best food in Augusta! The bar is the best too and great bartenders who enjoy making your drinks and getting them just the way you want it! It kind of starts off slow in the evenings - but by late evening it is full crowd of fun talkative people who all seem to know how to just relax and enjoy an easy going evening on the porch that overlooks Augusta City Lights of downtown. If you get a balcony room, you get the old wooden rockers and a huge porch to sit on and enjoy all to yourself! Nothing like breakfast on your private porch or a drink late in the afternoon! They used Roberts Taxi Cab Service to "escort me around town" on a few occassions! He quickly became the friend for the night who was also attentive to my needs and made sure I got where I needed to be ON TIME and every time. The room has that old charm and bed is comfortable! Bathroom provided full length mirrors and spacious. I enjoy my visits there and look forward to many more on the weekends of taking some "me" time in a place that treats people SPECIAL.

Room Tip: Any room is the best at this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Richard L, Director of Sales at The Partridge Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments were shared with our staff as an example of how we would like all our guests' experiences to be at The Partridge Inn. We hope to see you again soon.

Martinez, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

-No water pressure
-Long check in (15+ minutes) process
-Uncomfortable bed, just because its a king does not mean it didn't feel like sleeping on a lumpy pile of blankets
-Wifi access point outside the room was dangling by its cord, which meant the wifi signal in the room was either very poor or non-exsistent, and after telling the manager about it, it was not fixed.
-Purchased romance package which was supposed to include: champagne, chocolates, and a dozen roses. Instead got a cheese and crackers plate, a bottle of champagne I wouldn't have used to clean battereis with (which I later looked up - a 2010 15.00 bottle) and no roses even after two calls to the front desk. The package was supposed to include breakfastat at their resturant which they claim is one of the top ten in Augusta, yet we had to call the front desk twice to get our vouchers and then the breakfast itself was nothing more than cereal, some pastries, and a little fruit.
-Got massages to go with our package and they were done in the room, very nice and the therapist was great.
-After all this we were a little frustrated anyway. At checkout we were presented with a bill that was twice what we had been qouted on the phone before we made our reservation, and we refused to pay that amount, and had to get a manager to fix it because it wasn't right and we were charged too much.
-Dead bugs in the hallway, loud air conditioner. Damp smell in the hallways.
-Called four times before we arrived and still never got a confirmation email
-The balcony rail was wobbly to the point of being dangerous

On the good side: the massage therapist was great, the view was amazing from the fifth floor balcony facing downtown. Once a manager wassummoned the bill was fixed and we got a discount on the night's stay. The room itself was beautiful and well cleaned.

I don't think we will be staying here again as we could probably get a nice room elsewhere cheaper and bring our own (good) champagne and flowers and chocolates.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thankful for the suggested improvements. We are currently installing a new wireless internet system and fixing a few mechanical problems. We invite you to stay with us again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Partridge and loved it. The hotel is old and romantic with lavish furnishings. I thought I was staying in Downton Abby! They have a large restaurant on the second floor that serves upscale food like sea bass and baked Alaska. Both were excellent. You can go outside on the porch to enjoy a view of the city. At night the bar turns into a hotpot for the younger crowd.
My room was well furnished in a classic style. They also have a pool and several conference rooms for special events. The building is massive and rambles. They are still restoring parts of it as it is on the Registry of Historic Buildings.
You may be put off by this "under construction" nature of the Partridge. If you like history and romance, this this the place for you.

William, Georgia

Room Tip: get one by the elevators
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
We are thankful you enjoyed your stay. We continue to restore our building and are currently completing repairs that typically go along with historic properties. We look forward to serving you again as our guest soon.

Shelby, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

irecently stayed at the partridge inn in augusta ga... what a nice hotel..... i stayed in room 436 which had an back door which lead out to a bal... as i sit there in that big wooden rocker
i wondered if that was what it would have been like back in the day of gone with the wind..
so i drifted off in my own little world for a while.... wow maybe i was born too late... ladies with victorian dresses and men with cut suites and top hats flashed in my mind...what a wonderful day dream.... the staff was so friendly and helpful and the inn was very clean... i cant wait to escape to those victorian day again hopefully real soon.... you should join me i think you will have a great time if you just let your mind wonderful off...

Room Tip: room 436 great room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. Throughout the hotel, you will find a walking tour with pictures from that bygone era. Looking out from your balcony, it does not take much to imagine yourself there. Coincidentally, today, we put out twelve more wooden rockers that more guests may enjoy the view. We are thankful for your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Bloomingdale, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Partridge in twice now, both times during teacher conventions when I didn't make the arrangements. After my first experience I wasn't very happy with the staff, but thought I must have just had a very bad maid and it was a fluke. Apparently not.
On this trip there were 3 schools that had all their teachers staying there, and you would think the management would have made some arrangements for this. The restaurant was so understaffed that most of the teachers walked out both mornings because there was no one to wait on them and the one poor waitress was so busy that it could take 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee. When we were there the last time there was a hot breakfast buffet, but that is no more. They did have some fresh fruit, bread, granola, milk and yougurt put out, but you had to get to breakfast early because it wasn't replenished. Once it was gone, no more was put out. It was horrible!
The heat in our room was bearable because it was set at 90 and put on constant heat, not auto. That brought it up to about 75. The toilet ran constantly, and when the maids came the first morning they took the used towels and bathmat, but didn't replace them.
Apparently it wasn't that I had a bad maid the first time, their maid service is incompetent and their restaurant managers need to go back to school.
I am very disappointed and have recommended that we find another place to stay next time!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your trips to Augusta. Our restaurant manager has read your review and discussed it with her staff. Timeliness of service is critical to having a good dining experience. We will be making sure we have enough staff for all times and are prepared. We do still have buffet breakfasts in the restaurant. It is however dependent on how many guests we have staying with us. If the buffet is not available we offer traditional favorites and cooked to order specialties. Our maintenance department has been notified about the issues in your room and they have since been fixed. We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Worst Experience of my life!!!!! I would never go back here even if they offered me a free stay. I went up there the weekend of Valentines Day 2012 to celebrate my birthday. When I first got there, I was charmed by the southern look and feel of the hotel, but all that changed once I got inside and had to deal with the front desk staff. My clue that my stay would be bad was when I go to check in and there is already a customer ahead of me complaining about various issues. None the same, I travelled out of town to stay there, so I thought her situation might have been a one off. Well I was completely wrong. So I check in, go to my room and everything was nice and clean and in order. Turn on the tv and the reception was horrible. Fuzzy and Snowy. I call down to the front desk to have it checked out and the maintenance guy comes up and says that it is the weather, although it was sunny outside. The tv in the bar definitely didnt have any "weather" issues. Since the room was a little chilly I decided to turn on the heat since they just had it on fan. BIG MISTAKE! The heater was old and EXTREMELY LOUD, i could not get any sleep at all. I go down to the front desk to speak with the front desk manager and he was VERY rude and not helpful at all. HE ACTUALLY SUGGESTED THAT I CHECK OUT AND FIND ANOTHER HOTEL! I have never been treated so rudely before in my life. I informed him that I drove up to stay at the hotel and I am not going anywhere. I asked could I get into another room less noisy and he tells me that they are all booked up. So I go back to my noisy room sulking. The only good thing about this stay was the resturant staff. Parking is horrible, and front desk staff is INSANE. Every time I went down to the front desk with an issue, there were at least 5 other people in line before me with issues as well. I would NEVER recommend staying here even to my worst enemy. I left more tired leaving from a vacation. If you do decide to stay, I wish you the best of luck.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us the pleasure of serving you during your trips to Augusta. Our restaurant manager has read your review and discussed it with her staff. Timeliness of service is critical to having a good dining experience. We aim to always be prepared and fully staffed. The breakfast buffet is served in our restaurant. However, it is dependent on the number of guests we have staying with us at the time. If the buffet is not available, we offer traditional favorites and cooked to order specialties. Our maintenance department has been notified of the problems in your room and they have since been corrected. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely.
Director of Sales

Been to The Partridge Inn? Share your experiences!