“Augusta Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Augusta
El Paso, United States
“Augusta Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My stay at this hotel was good; however, I noticed that the furniture in the room (mainly the chair next to the bed) was broken and the wall behind the toilet had a big hole that was patched up very sloppy. I can't say if I would stay here again if I traveled to Augusta.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We have made management aware of the maintenance issues you mentioned and we apologize that you were faced with these issues. We hope you'll stay with us again and please feel free to reach out directly to the general manager if you wish to do so, les.reagan@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
alexandria, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was there on 6/25 for business. The food and service were nice. However the hotel is in need of a renovation. The lobby and hallways look tired. The rooms themselves appear to be more recently updated.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're pleased to hear that our food and service were exactly what you were looking for and we hope you'll visit again and check out all of our upcoming changes!
columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed as part of business trip. Located near shopping and dining, not far..1 exit. Rooms clean, service outstanding, buffet reasonably priced as other chains. Rooms don't have refrigeration or microwaves. Bathrooms extremely small.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us!
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed in, presumably, one of the newly renovated rooms. The room/hotel is nice with the standard Hilton beds and linens. I did not use the shuttle. The hotel does offer breakfast (extra charge). The cookie you receive during check in is very tasty. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel - I booked this over the Hampton (free breakfast, free coffee 24/7, microwave and fridge in room, and cheaper) because it was on the company preferred list.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I booked into the hotel for 7 days. Two things made me leave right away. First was that there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. I can go to Day's Inn or Motel 8 and pay a lot less for that. The other thing was the room itself. After I checked in I realized the elevator would be a problem because it was so loud (relocating probably wouldn't of helped since I was pretty far away from it to begin with). I tried to deal with it but woke up at 230 in the morning. I tried using the a/c and fan to drown it out but ended up tossing and turning all night without going back to sleep; alternating between hot and cold. The next day was a long and tough one to begin with. I was really fried from lack of sleep. I knew I couldn't endure that for another night so I had to check out. Found a room that was $20 dollars cheaper, had a microwave and refrigerator, and was nice and quiet...slept like a baby. Sorry but I couldn't ever go back to your hotel there again (and I have business in the area).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel and we urge you to reach out directly to our general manager, les.reagan@hilton.com, to discuss these issues. We thank you for staying with us.
Cincinnati, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Very dirty room (room 324). Jacuzzi tub / shower combination a black / dirty standing surface. Sink drain was non operable - hand to remove the plunger to allow water drain. Loveseat was so dirty I would not sit on it. Sitting room TV did not work. Would not recommend this Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with your recent stay and we urge you to contact the general manager directly to discuss these matters further, les.reagan@hilton.com.
San Antonio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The shuttle service was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel. Since I was not staying more than a day, and didn't want to rent a car, the shuttle service came in really handy. I was picked up and dropped off at the airport and was also driven around to the local restaurant area part of town to grab a bit to eat. I was very satisfied with this service. The rooms are also very nice except that they do not have refrigerators. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're glad to hear that our shuttle service proved to be exactly what you needed during your recent visit to Augusta.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Augusta? Share your experiences!