“Not as nice as I had hoped” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sweet Dreams + Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Albany, NY
“Not as nice as I had hoped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here while on business based mostly on these reviews and the recommendation of a friend who lives in the area. What you first need to know is that this is an older hotel that used to be a Sheraton. The lobby area is pretty & nicely decorated but the rooms are in serious need of repair and update. Also, I would not say the rooms are super clean by any stretch. The first room I was given had a huge hair ball on the bathroom floor and hair in the shower. There was the cover of a disposable razor also on the bathroom floor. There were crumbs and small black balls of lint all over the carpet which seemed to roll off of a non-functioning vacuum. The second room I was shown (on the same floor) had the same crumbs/balls of lint and a long plastic baggage tag on the floor off the side of the bed (not mine). There was a ring in the toilet and the catch on the doorlock was falling off. Carpets in the room were frayed. The third room, on the 5th floor was adequately clean however in the morning, the water in the shower would not go down and backed up well above the ankles. I was told that there was a microwave on the 6th floor that I could use to reheat some leftovers. I'm not really sure what this area on the 6th floor used to be, but it is truly disgusting. It might have been a conceirge lounge at one time, but it now should be completely gutted & re-purposed. It is evident that this is the lounge that time forgot - there is a fridge and a microwave which should be labeled, "use at your own risk". The tv in the gym was "out of order" the entire time I was there however the equipment was in fairly good shape and the pool & whirlpool looked inviting and clean.
Haley and Sheeyna are true assets at this property as they were quick to assist, were more than apologetic and did everything they could to rectify my stay. The staff here are excellent and are the only reason I would recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms and common areas. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel it self was beautiful. The accommodates were great. The thoroughly enjoyed the cookie. It was warm and delicious. Getting something free is always a delightful surprise. I was very impressed that all the electronic equipment worked as I wanted it to. I also appreciate the free wireless internet service and the fact that no mishaps happen during my presentation. I highly recommend this hotel for any business and family trip.

Room Tip: I ask for a room by the elevator which was a great choice because I was closer to the entertainment...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We're pleased to hear that our hotel and staff were able to help in making sure that your meeting ran as smoothly as you had hoped. We look forward to seeing you again and stop by for a cookie anytime even if you're just passing through :)
Stone Mountain, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel's staff is very attentive and friendly. The real test is how they handle problems, if all other standards are met. I had a black out box in my tv screen which covered almost all of the screen. I was attending a conference and out of the room most of the time; but prefer to enjoy a little tv to wind down. I reported the problem early the next morning since it didn't correct itself and was offered complimentary breakfast for the inconvenience. I appreciated the offer and the breakfast. I would book again, and recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We're glad that our staff was able to fix your television and offer you something to make up for the time it was not working properly. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

the hotel was great, the room service was great, the bar was great...i have no complaints for this hotel ....I had a great experience. My company placed us in the hotel and it was the best thing that could have been done

Room Tip: all the rooms I saw were great
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We're glad that your company chose to put you in our hotel. We're pleased that everything was up to par for you and your colleagues and we hope you'll stay with us next time you're in Augusta.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We enjoy staying at the Doubletree and Augusta did not let us down. The decor was stunning and the check in was quick. We went to the bar for a quick bite and enjoyed the prompt service and menu choices. We plan to make a return visit and stay longer.

Room Tip: It is located a ways off the Highway but is well worth the drive.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We strive to please our guests and we're glad that everything at our hotel was to your liking. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night... Hotel was very nice. The room was clean and spacious. We didn't use any of the amenities, but the next time we come to the area we would definitely stay here again and use the indoor pool.

• Stayed February 2013
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our property. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay and we hope you'll take the time to thoroughly enjoy our hotel!
Calhoun Falls, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Friday night Seafood Buffet was wonderful as was the Breakfast Buffet. Very friendly staff throughout the hotel. We had the Valentine's Day Special and it was a very special and memorable weekend. We hope to make this a monthly experience and will definitely want to be back next Valentine's Day.
We would have preferred a smoking room but that was not an option and the room did not have a refrigerator, which I thought all hotels have had for years.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We apologize that we do not have smoking room, next time you come just let the front desk know ahead of time that you would like a room near an exit. We look forward to your next stay!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Augusta? Share your experiences!