“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Augusta
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

A very nice Hilton chain property. This hotel has a restaurant onsite which is decent. I would recommend staying here to anyone. The hotel has ample ammenities and is in a good location now that the construction is complete nearby.
Rooms are quiet despite the highway vicinity.

Room Tip: The entrance is hard to find. You have to wrap around back towards the highway.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel in Augusta, GA. We take great pride in our hotel and all of the things that we have to offer. Next time you are in town please come stay with us again and let us know if there is ever anything we can do to better accomodate your stay.

Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Newnan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for a tennis tournament. The hotel was always clean and convenient for all of us. Staff was very gracious and we loved the cookies! Only negative was an odor of smoke in the hallways but not the rooms. Non-smoking hotel so not sure what that is from?? The checkout staff did not split the bill as we requested but we handled that later ourselves. Would stay here again...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Pharmmama,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel in Augusta, GA. We appreciate your positive comments and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We also want to let you know that we are not 100% smoke free yet but as of July 1, 2011 we will be so you hopefully will not have to smell smoke again on your next visit. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again next time you are in Augusta.

Megan Cawley
Newport Group Social Media Specialist
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Stayed here during Masters week and it was fantastic.

I'm sure everyone and everything was on it's best because the rooms were so expensive, but it showed.

This was the best doubletree I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
newport_group, Newport Group Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
BENBOYD5,

Thank you for your awesome review of our hotel in Augusta, GA. We hope that next time you are in town you will stay with us again. We greatly value our guests and all of your reviews and comments.

Megan Cawley
Newport Group Social Media Specialist
charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

My company puts us in this hotel whenever we're in Augusta and I must say that the staff is great and really accommodating. They placed me in a smoking room and I have bad asthma and so I called downstairs to have my room changed and they sent someone up to help me move my belongings. Extremely nice. And upon check-in they provide you with warm moist cookies. The workout facility is small but with nice equipment so it balances out. Brandy at the bar is also pretty nice and makes great drinks. The only thing I don't like is the pillows but that's not a big deal when you have such great treatment.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

The check-in process was easy and staff was generally friendly, and food from the restaurant was good. The guest rooms are clean and comfortable, but the bathroom was quite small. This room is fine for business travel as a single guest, but too small for leisure travel with my spouse.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Super nice hotel and great service. Clean and modern hotel and rooms. Great business center with computers, printing, faxing, for free. Front desk staff was super courteous and helpful. Overall a great stay, although a free breakfast would have been great for the money.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I am a seasoned traveller. Upon arrival, they upgraded me to a suite. Front desk girls were cute too. Got a nice cookie upon check-in. Then...
First, I noticed a horrible stench in my bathroom. Like someone had been chain-smoking in there for days. It turns out that I was on 2nd just below the "smoking floor". I called the front desk and they sent a housekeeper over who explained what was going on. I ended up trying to plug a vent coming down from 3rd (source of the stench) with moderate success.
Second, I discovered that the room where the bed was had a strange door off to one side. At 10pm I realized that I could hear everything said in the hallway beyond that door. I got out earplugs, put them in and went to bed. At 3am, I was awoken (still wearing earplugs) to loud conversations outside. I opened that strange door to find that my bed was within 10 feet of the hallway and within about 30 feet of the elevator lobby on 2nd. Several homeless-looking people were loitering at the elevator. When I asked if they worked here, they only said that they had no room key and were waiting on someone else. I called security. Things quieted down and the same scenario replayed itself at 5am. That time I just called security.
Net result is that I barely slept the entire night and was also appalled by the stench in the bathroom.
BTW - this was an upgraded room with a whirlpool bath.
Beware of this horrible hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Augusta? Share your experiences!