“I don't know where to begin” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Douglasville, Georgia
“I don't know where to begin”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We are in the middle of our second night here. We were looking for a decent place to stay while my daughter was here for a tournament. The room is not well kept. The first thing I had to do was get febreeze and Lysol disinfectant for the bathrooms. We were moved to a different room that was only slightly better. There was no hot water EVER and I listened to the staff lie repeatedly that the water would be on in "about an hour" to new guests as they came in. Never saw any of the bugs that others spoke of but you did have the feeling that they would come out any minute. I really wish we could have left right after arriving but we could not get an immediate refund bc we had booked through a third party. Hindsight being 20/20 I wish we would have spent a couple of more bucks and had a decent place to stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

706-868-1800 ext 507

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Furnishings were rejects from a thrift shop, one 'table' had contact paper around all the legs. The bedspread was clumpy and faded. The chest of drawers had more chips and makings than a Dalmatian has spots. There was no hot water, the tub did not drain, the toilet over flowed. I have seen better slum dwellings, that made a better attempt at looking presentable. I checked out within an hour and the whole place should be condemned.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Rooms suck, got roaches and bed bugs. Had the nerve to say they were palmetto bugs. I know bugs when I see them. Never again. The staff sits around doing nothing. Stairwells are filthy with cigarette butts and bottles

• Stayed July 2013

Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We loved it here. we checked it and got coupons for complimentary cocktails. the room was nice the area was good. the breakfast was amazing full buffet free all you can eat. wonderful experience! they have a huge pool.waffle house in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites By, Choice Hotels
Petersburg, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Horrible place to stay. My girlfriend and our whole family were terrified of the people and the conditions. The air conditoner barly worked and the room service was non-existant. There was even broken furniture in our room.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel if you like cleanliness and safety.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014

Inwood, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My Wife stayed here during a family emergency in NOV 12. Place was clean and close to the Hospital. Not the greatest place to stay, but well worth it if you are under a budget constraint. Breakfast was good (read that as filling).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Yuck. My husband is a contractor and we travel quite a bit. We've stayed in some bad hotels and this would be one! The king suite rooms are huge, even having a paritioner with doors to divide the room and living area. The room stayed so humid that the furniture, sheets, various food items and carpet had a layer of wet on them. We had to wear shoes the whole time inside bc the floor is so dirty. Our children's feet as well as my knees from leaning down were stained brown :( The hot water was hard to get to work as there is no warm. Just hot or cold. There was fences on the toilet from the previous guests. We had a couple of bug incidents as well. The breakfast was nice. We will never stay here again, nor would we recommend to anyone else! Jameson Suites just down the road is a much nicer hotel and is giving us a contractor rate. It is night and day different and so much more comfy! The pics attached are from room 112

• Stayed June 2013