“Masters Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
indianapolis
“Masters Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Picking a good hotel on the internet is a turkey shoot at best. I picked a great hotel. The hotel is located near excellent restaurants and two miles from the Masters. I was warmly greeted upon arrival, they took care of every request I had. They have an excellent breakfast and an even better happy hour with excellent selections in food and drink. The hotel is very clean and the staff is always there for your needs. I will be booking at this hotel for Masters 2013.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have stayed here on more than one occasion being a Choice Rewards member but this hotel is plainly outdated. Here is my take:

Pros:
Nice staff
Excellent free breakfast
Great cocktails/ evening beverage
Clean Pool
Free Wifi
Spacious suites and bathrooms

Cons:
Seriously outdated
Old big box TVs with half cable channels working
Mystery stains on the walls
Filthy carpets

This is okay for a short stopover but I would not recommend for large families, girlfriend getaways, business, or romantic nights. It seems more suited for truckers, loners, and questionable characters. Our keys stopped working after a few hours the last visit. The visit before that I found a condom left from the previous guest (I had a minor with me). Another visit, I checked in and my room door was opened before I arrived and the ceiling was falling in. Apparently, I was given a room in the middle of painting and repairs! I was moved and upgraded to a better room. Come on Clarion, get it together! You have wonderful staff but your hotel have gone down in the last few years.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms before you check in to make up your mind to stay. Wear shoes at all time!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Carnetta Lee
Front Desk Manager
706-868-1800 ext 507
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Had not previously stayed at Clarion Suites. Made reservation due to location and pet policy. Was very pleased with room and hotel in all respects. Front desk personnel very helpful. Efficient checkin. Per my request suggested good nearby restaurants. Breakfast better than expected especially at the price level of this hotel.
I will stay at Clarion Suites again and recommend this location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I REALLY ENJOYED OUR STAY AT CLARION SUTIES. When we first arrived, the hotel staff was very helpful with friendly faces and smiles.We requested a non- smoking room,but when we entered I could smell the smoke(I have asthma),I sprayed room sprays to try to get rid of the odor, but it wouldn't go away.My husband and I went to happy hour,where we meet Lisa,another friendly face with a great smile. My husband and I were there to go to my mother's birthday party, we had little time to spend with Lisa, but the time we did spend was outstanding. On our way back to our room, my husband and I spoke with Cahtabia(customer relations) about the smoke in the room.Cahtabia, without any questions at all ,made sure that our accommdations were changed to meet our needs. Cahtabia took control of the situation without hasting.Thanks Clarion for employing outstanding people with great character.Outstanding breakfast!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for Choosing Clarion Suites.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have stayed at this establishment at least four occasion. I have enjoyed each stay. My rooms were very nice and accommodating. The staff constantly went over and beyond the call of duty to make sure my family and I were taken care of. On each occasion I have never heard or experienced any negativeness. I was always greeted with a smile, and was always asked if there was anything esle that could be done to make me happier. In the future, I will drive the extra miles to stay where I know I will be taken care of and around friendly and caring staff. Special thanks to the front desk manager staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

My regular Choice Hotel was not available during my weekly trip to Augusta, so I booked the Clarion Suites on Washington Road instead. The first room the front desk assigned me was dirty and outdated. The second room was even worse. For the money, sleeping in my car was nicer. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who expects anything more than a roach motel. The breakfast was par at best and the parking was terrible. Stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Carnetta Lee
Front Desk Manager
706-868-1800 ext 507
charlotte,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Our room was very clean, all staff including manger helpful and friendly. Yummy breakfast. No flat screen yet?

• Stayed January 2012