“Best option for Ironman Augusta” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Valdosta, GA
“Best option for Ironman Augusta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I have traveled to Augusta for her to race in the Ironman event three years in a row and finally this year we were able to get a room reserved at the Augusta Marriott. The hotel staff were very accommodating for the Ironman participants as well as spectators. The rooms were perfectly fine, just the right size, and very quiet even for having a full house. Check in was a breeze and check out was even easier. They do have Valet or Self Service parking in their garage which was very convenient especially for the time we were there since Downtown Augusta was so busy. If you're going to be in Downtown Augusta you won't be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AugustaMarriott, Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review and your kind words. We are pleased that we have met your expectations. These words mean a great deal to us. Our staff try their best to go above and beyond for our guests, and we will continue to strive to keep your valuable business.
We look forward to your next visit at our property.
Best Regards,

Matt Ricker
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Muncie, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My stay started out rough. The gentleman that check us in didn't exactly excude "southern hospitality". I checked into the room and it smelled like a dirty bathroom. I suffered thru the night but had my door propped open in the morning and someone from maintenance came by and happened to see the door open. I explained to him the reason. He came in and said that he would have the carpets shampooed. He called the desk and had someone come up with new room keys and a new room. So my stay started out rough, but the remaining 3 days were very nice. The other room that I was in was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Sarah,
Thank you for staying with us at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. We appreciate hearing from our guests about their experience while staying with us. I am sorry to hear of the housekeeping challenges that you faced upon your arrival, but I am happy to hear that our staff addressed the issues and in the end you had a pleasant stay here. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Newark, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott, Augusta, GA for a large industry conference. I normally stay at Marriott Hotels when I travel as I am a long term member of their loyalty program. But even when you have status it is no guarantee that expectations will be met. In this case, because of my status, I was upgraded to a River View Suite on the top floor. Lovely room, very well appointed.( I always get these Perks or free upgrades when my Wife isn't with me!) I had some work that needed to be completed and so I figured once I unpacked I would log-on to the Wi-Fi and then join some friends in the lobby for a social. Only problem, try as I may, I could not get logged-in. I took my computer to the lobby and for an additional charge got logged in via the conference network. As I was leaving my room I saw the head of housekeeping and reminded her that my profile says, "No down pillows, - the stuff to me, is like "Kryptonite to Superman." As they say, way leads on to way and so I did not get back to my room till 10PM that night. I tried to login again but the signal was still too weak. The next morning their Data Guy confirmed that the Wi-Fi was not functional this far from the router. They moved me to a room near the middle of the floor and low and behold, the Wi-Fi worked. I would have thought this would have been the end of the travail but that night I discovered this new room had down pillows! As soon as I walked into the room my nose and throat started to bother me. The room had the dreaded, "Down Pillows!"The hotel apologized and resolved the problem. But the moral to this story is always make sure they follow your profile. If not, you can expect, "Murphy," to show up at the worst possible time. As for other aspects of the hotel, the bar was very nice with an excellent pasta buffet. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport, so if all of your business is there, you don't need a rental car. As for Augusta National - you can't even get in the gate to buy things at the pro-shop unless you are a member. Cheers!

Room Tip: If you are on business avoid the rooms with the, "River View." The Wi-Fi coverage is spott...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robert,
Thank you for staying with us at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. We appreciate hearing from our guests about their experience while staying with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not follow our normal procedure of executing our frequent guests profile requirements. We will review our procedure with regard to properly delivery of profile requirements in an effort to do better in the future. Thank you as well for letting us know about the internet hot spot issue that you faced. We will be working with our IT people to correct that issue as soon as possible. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had stayed before and made this reservation as a stop over to the mountains. Check in was easy and we were very happy with our room. Then it went downhill from there.

There was a group checked in for an event at the hotel which was fine except they kept us up all night! Frankly, I felt security was nonexistent because they just turned a blind eye to bad behavior all over the hotel.

We did go to the hotel bar for a drink and snack and the staff were lackluster at best. We ended up just getting soup to go to our room which was $10! 2 Bagels we bought ourselves as takeout were $7 and they even had the nerve to charge $2 for cream cheese!!

It was disappointing and thankfully I had earplugs in our bag so we could shut the bedroom door, put a towel across the bottom of the door to block some noise, and jam in ear plugs sowe could get some sleep for the next portion of our ride.

When checking out I told the front desk how upset we were about our stay and all she said was "sorry." If we come back again, we will stay at tge old Ramada and take our chances.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies if your stay was not what you hoped it would be. We appreciate all feedback and in an effort to improve all areas our business, we tried contacting you several times but were unable to reach you. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding this matter. Please call us at (706) 722-8900 and ask for our customer representative Idalis Lopez. Thank you.
Tempe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

First time in Augusta. The shuttle took some time picking us up but the hotel was really nice. The rooms are well appointed and my bed was so comfortable! It's located above the river so you get great views. I was there for a week and the food (except for the last dinner) was really good. I fell in love with sweet tea for the first time. I got to walk around in Augusta and of course saw James Brown's statue. I visited the museum that had a showing of James Brown items, but it was closed. Instead I talked to some friendly ladies in the gift shop. They told me some stories about James Brown that made the visit worth while.
The convention center is HUGE so be prepared to do some major walking.
I also really liked the airport. It was small and they had a nice area to go outside while waiting for my plane to board.

Room Tip: I got one near the elevators
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a delightful review! We are so happy we were able to make your first visit in Augusta so enjoyable! We look forward to your return!

Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Mu husband and I just wrapped up our visit to Augusta and our stay at the Marriott convention center. We left another hotel because of cleanliness issues, and decided to stay at Marriott.
We were greeted warmly by staff at the curb and were given the choice of valet vs. self park. We chose self-park in the garage which has easy access to hotel lobby. The lobby is very elegant with a grand staircase, and gorgeous furnishings.
Desk staff were friendly and efficient.
Our room was beautiful and very clean. Enjoyed the outdoor pool and ordered lunch from Augustino's. Hotel is right next to the river walk.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Peggy,
On behalf of the entire staff, a big thank you to you for your loyalty! And we look forward to your next visit at our property.
Best Regards,
Darryl Leech,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice for business and enjoy the free shuttle to/from the airport (just call at least two days ahead to reserve it), the courteous staff, very good quality hotel restaurant, and comfortable, clean rooms. Walkable to restaurants and Augusta sights (not too much, it is a small city), right on river walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for recently staying at our hotel. We are glad you had a comfortable stay, enjoyed some of the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!