“Beautiful lobby; comfortable suite; adjacent to RiverWalk” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Hixson, Tennessee
“Beautiful lobby; comfortable suite; adjacent to RiverWalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stopped at this hotel after arriving in Augusta late at night, and I am so glad we did. When you walk in the lobby, it is absolutely stunning. The double staircase is quite beautiful. The lady that checked us in was very nice. We got a king suite and were quite pleased. The bed was very comfortable. The furniture in the sitting room was fine, and also contained a desk. We used the free internet connection and the bandwidth more than enough for us. You can pay for "premium internet" but we did not need that.

Our room was on a back corner so the view from one of our windows was of the RiverWalk. It was pleasant to look out and see that. I did not know that Augusta had a RiverWalk! But, after finding out about it, we went down to it the following morning after checking out. Augusta did a wonderful job - it was very beautiful and peaceful.

I did like the fact that the garage was covered and well-lighted. I did not expect to pay a parking fee, but then - I did not ask about that when checking in. So, I am not dinging them for that. That was my oversight.

Tip - get the breakfast buffet in Augustino's. It is a much better deal money-wise. And their breakfast spread is really good!

If I had one suggestion it would be to put up some signs to help folks get from the Marriott Suites to the restaurant and\or lobby. I think the Marriott Suites is actually a separate but connected building to the Convention Center\lobby\restaurant building. We could not find our way to the main lobby (we actually found a small un-manned lobby in the Marriott Suites building). We met up with another hotel guest who was trying to find the restaurant Augustino's. We eventually found a hotel employee who led us to the restaurant and lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We are glad you had a comfortable stay at our hotel and enjoyed our delicious breakfast in Augustino's. We appreciate your feedback about signage and are looking into better directing guests in our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Macon, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We chose the Augusta Marriott for its location near the activities for reunion weekend at the Medical College of Georgia. When booked a suite at what we thought was the Augusta Marriott, but the room was really at the Marriott Suites hotel adjoining. The Marriott Suites portion of the hotel was very worn and very noisy. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable, but we could clearly hear everything going on in the room next door. The carpeting was dated in the hallways, and the bathroom cabinetry was scuffed and marred. I thought the price per night was high for the room conditions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at the Augusta Marriott for a conference at the the nearby University Hospital. This hotel offers an ideal location for this city. The river-walk area is very charming and relaxing. The hotel was very clean, and I was very pleased with my room. We had a drink at Augustino's inside the hotel which was also a relaxing environment. As others have indicated, there is not much to do in this city. However, if you can stop by during Master's week, I'm sure the atmosphere would be amazing. Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel, it's location, and all accommodations. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Marriott for a conference and found the facility to be very comfortable, accommodating and responsive. My company had very complex technology needs and we had no glitches. All of the staff were pleasant and extremely friendly. There were numerous rooms for presentations, training and meetings available, of literally all sizes and configurations. The food that was offered for the conference was just average, but I did have dinner with a client in the bar area one night and it was great. Very unique offerings! The martini salad was particularly tasty and fun!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for recently staying at our hotel. We are glad your stay was comfortable and your conference was I success. We look forward to seeing you again!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed there for 3 weeks on business. The rooms were clean, the restaurant food was excellent. All the staff, especially those behind the bar were great. Would definitely stay there again if I were ever in the states again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

It must be the best location in downtown Augusta, right on the riverwalk. Not a whole lot to do in this town though, outside of golf. Both pools were closed at the same time, and on a weekend. One would think that pool work would be done during the week, and one pool at a time. I stayed in the suites side of the complex, and while the suite was decent, I found the bed sheets and pillow covers very rough and scratchy, so not the best sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Was in town for a quick conference. Stayed only one night but impression was very favorable. Hotel appeared clean, lobby was small, but nice. The lobby restaurant Augustine's, was good for a dinner (mussels in white wine and a salad.)

If you have time, however, there are several really good small restaurants within easy walking distance. Consider venturing out & supporting the local economy!

Room was clean and comfortable. Service was fine.

The hotel is located on the Riverwalk. There are also some lovely old houses, making for a pleasant jog or stroll.

I have another trip to Augusta coming up in a few weeks and I will most likely chose this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!