“Lovely hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Cleveland, TN
“Lovely hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding and our family had two rooms. One in the main tower and one in the suite building. Both rooms were very clean and comfortable and met the standard we would expect from a Marriott hotel.

The lobby in the main tower is lovely. We had a very large group and on several occasions we enjoyed gathering in the lobby and adjoining bar.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelettes and waffles and a very nice selection of fresh fruits.

Last but not least they took very good care of a rather expensive item I accidentally left in the room when we checked out. As soon as I realized my mistake I called the hotel and gave my information. This was relayed to their security department who called me back a few hours later to let me know they had it and would send it to me. Two days later, I have it in my possession and I am very grateful to all parties for its safe return.

We would definitely stay here again if/when another occasion brings us to Augusta.

Room Tip: The hotel has two buildings - one has all suites and the other has regular rooms. The suites are nic...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for recent stay at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you received your item promptly. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife and I decided to take our six kids (ages 4-16) to Augusta for a couple of days, and we used some reward certificates to get two rooms here. We loved it. My kids thought the HOTEL was the vacation. The lobby is gorgeous, and the staff was very friendly. Our rooms were in the main tower, and were very comfortable. The beds were great, and we all slept very well. The only negative thing was that the shower had mildew in the corners. That was surprising for such a nice hotel.

The location is amazing. We walked right out the back onto the beautiful Augusta River Walk and had a great afternoon of walking, playing in parks, and family picture time. the kids loved the pool, and my wife and I loved the selection of restaurants within walking distance. When we went out and explored the area, the hotel was a great central place to come back to. I plan to try to stay there next time I am in Augusta.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel and your visit to our downtown area. We look forward to seeing you again!
Beaufort, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed at this Marriott location July 8th and 9th. Being a Business owner for over 30 years I must say the Treatment I received at arrival by the VP/GM was the most rude and obnoxious Treatment I have ever experienced at any lodging facility. I was not the only person treated in a rude manner.

I did send a complaint to Marriott. Not much of a response until 8/15/11. I received a letter from the same VP/GM telling me I was not welcome there. I will complain to those above the VP/GM.

The VP/GM seems to have forgotten how to treat guest.

Room Tip: Not the Cleanest I have ever seen.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
This guest was released from ever returning to our facility by our General Manager for his unruly and abusive behavior.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel...clean spacius rooms, great bathrooms, a riverside promenade with a music amphitheatre right outside and a really good restaurant which provides great room service too. Also its walking distance from The Science Center which is probably Augusta"s best attraction after the Masters golf course! The hotel has great rates for extended stays which we availed of. Also the little coffe stall near the restaurant was excellent. We received super service from all the staff...who were invariably super-polite and helpful. I dont know if there are better hotels in Augusta but i would think this one rates pretty high in the city.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again during future visits to our city!
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This property was poorly maintained. Sheets were too small for mattress. Toliet need maintenance. TV malfunctioned. The air conditioning and wifi were satisfactory.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, please contact our Guest Services Manager, Ms. Maren Jones at 706 722-8900.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed at the Marriott Augusta for two nights. Hotel is very nice, and the service is first class all the way. Modern work out equipment was a huge plus. That all said, you can see clearly that the economic downturn has hit the downtown Augusta area. All the shops are boarded up...kind of deserted.

One minor nit - the mirror in the bathroom was at a low height. I'm 6 foot 3, so having to bend down to see myself shaving was a bit annoying. That should be the worst part of any hotel stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments. Like many downtown areas, Augusta continues to work on attracting more businesses and activities. While it is true that there are numerous boarded up store fronts there are also more than 20 restaurants, bars, art galleries, specialty shops and attractions downtown. Sundays and Mondays can be quiet, but there is generally a lot of activity on the other nights. We hope you come visit us again!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed one night at the Marriott in Augusta for a wedding we were attending in the area. I've stayed in many Marriotts, and this one definitely falls into the lower half... however, for Augusta, there aren't too many great choices in hotels, so take that into consideration.

The Good:
- Incredibly close to Broad Street (bars, restaurants, shops) of Downtown Augusta.
- On the Riverwalk.
- Large facility - lots of convention space, rooms, etc.
- Had a complimentary breakfast at Augustino's, which was tasty (omelet station, fresh fruit, baked goods, etc.)
- Comfortable bed, soft sheets, etc. (up to Marriott's standard).
- Good mirrors and lighting for getting ready.

The Bad:
- Terrible parking deck - I've never seen parking spaces smaller. And this isn't a state where everyone drives a Smart Car. Fortunately, it's only $5 a night, but choose your space wisely or you'll have dings all over the sides of your car.
- The rooms need to be updated. Even if they could just replace the shower curtains, it would help. They look like they've been there 10 years. We weren't in the room too much so this really didn't matter for us, but we did find it surprising that there was a tube TV in the room instead of a flat screen.

The Ugly:
- The hot water was brown. BROWN! I filled the sink with warm water to wash my face and it was completely murky. Didn't give me a ton of confidence in cleanliness from the shower.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for your review; we appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay. Our construction crew hit a water line and water had to be shut down for a while causing the brown water. If you have any other questions or further concerns please contact our Guest Service Manager, Ms. Maren Jones at 706 722-8900.