“Old Style Holiday Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2155 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA 30909   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 79 hotels in Augusta
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Old Style Holiday Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The check in was efficient. Had to walk a decent way from the lobby to the room. The outside of the hotel looks like it was built in the 70's or 80's. The room itself was nice as it looked like it had been renovated in the last few years. This hotel is in bad need of a new facade, it just looks too old on the outside.

• Stayed August 2013
AGSGHGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We greatly appreciate your business and we look forward to being able to serve you in the future.

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The rooms are big and clean, the bed was comfortable and the sheets silky as well as the towels.
The pool looks very nice with a lot of trees and nice vegetation around. In brief a nice place to stay with a excellent buffet breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AGSGHGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We take pride in providing great guest stays. We hope to see you the next time you're in the Augusta area.
Sneads Ferry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

They should let you know that this is not a typical Holiday Inn type hotel and that it is more like a motel such as a Days Inn or some other lower grade motel where you have to walk outside to get wherever you want to go to. I have been staying at Holiday Inns for many years now and have never been as disappointed as I was here. The room was damp like a typical motel on a concerete slab and very uncomfortable. It was 90 degrees outside and we had to turn the heat on to get the dampness out of the room. I must give positive feedback where it is due and I must say the breakfast bar was excellent as was the service in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you like a motel type layout where you have to walk outside to get to any...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Chet G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am delighted that the breakfast served during your stay lived up to your expectations. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palm Coast, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was there for only 1 night on business - and it was early evening when I arrived. Having traveled all day the thought of going back "out" was not appealing to me . Fortunately, I thought - there is a restaurant on property - I can order room service and get some work done at the same time. When my meal arrived - the hot foods were cold, and the cold foods were "room temperature'. Also - the restaurant sent my "utensils" to me - in an opened plastic container(bag) with only a spoon and packaged salt and pepper in the plastic wrap. I called back and was brought a full set of disposable utensils.
For Breakfast the next morning - (I had chosen the rate with the complementary breakfast ) I was given a coupon at check-in for the "buffet". The "buffet" was paltry at best , actually the free breakfast buffet at the Holiday inn Expresses I stay in is much better .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
vince v, Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I must apologize for your dissatisfaction regarding your room service. In researching you room service ticket my finding were as follows.

You ordered nocho's with salsa and for it to be sent as -"To Go". Thus we sent it on plastic with plastic utinsels. Had you placed the order for -eat in you would have gotten china, silverware and cloth napkins.

Again, I do apologize for the mis-communication.

Should you find the opportunity to be in Augusta in the future, we will make sure your order is more clarified so we do not disappoint you. We strive to deliver on exactly what the guest needs and expects.

Vince.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Our second floor room faced the landscaped courtyard pool area. It was an oasis for our family dealing with the death of my father. My second visit here and saw many improvements to the hotel. Staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013
vince v, Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, July 1, 2013
It was nice reading you great remarks regarding your stay during a most difficult time.

I hope this finds you well and finding peace with your loss.

Regarding your comments on staff, this was pased along to all associates as they are the ones delivering great experiences guests love. We strive to make all guests our number 1 priority and what ever comes before number 1 is our goal. . Service is our reputation.
Flower Mound, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Room had a really musty smell when I arrived. Turned air conditioner up and it went away. Television stations were really fuzzy, must have been having cable issues. Shampoo bottle was half empty. However, hotel staff very pleasant and room was clean. Good location, not far from airport. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We would like to thank you for your comments.

I do apologize for the odor upon your arrival. Sometimes when the room is not rented for several days in the summer days, the room may have an odor. I am glad it disapated upon turning on the A/C.

Regarding the TV reception, we had a heavy storm move through our area and knocked out our amplifier, a new one was ordered and replaced. Again , my sincere apology.

Housekeeping was notified to find out who cleaned the room and did not replace the Shampoo. This is not our normal mode of operation. I do apologize for this inconvenience.
Most embarrasing on our part.

We strive to deliver exceptional service at all times.

In your next travels to Augusta, please give me a call and I will make your lodging arrangements. 706-737-2300

I look forward to meeting you.

Vince Vinson
GM
Hickory
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We found this room via Travelocity's Secret Room so got a great rate and it turned out well. Breakfast bar had all you wanted and the inner courtyard with pool was serene and calming. Not you usual motel or Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: You may want a lower level if you don't like stairs or an inner room for more quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our hotel, the breakfast buffet and the pool are.

We are also pround of our new Titanium rated bedding and super glad you had a great nights rest.

We do pride ourself on super courteous service and attitude. This is the beginning and end to a great stay.

When you find yourself in Augusta again- we welcome you, and if you will call me a ahead of time i will make the arrangements for you.

Vince Vinson

GM

Been to Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.

Address: 2155 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA 30909
Location: United States > Georgia > Augusta
Ranked #32 of 79 hotels in Augusta
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. 3*
The excitement of Augusta is at your fingertips when you stay at our hotel near Fort Gordon. Lodging at the nonsmoking Holiday Inn® Augusta - Gordon Hwy hotel puts you near I-520 and I-20. In addition, our free 24-hour shuttle runs within a three-mile radius of the hotel and to and from Augusta Regional Airport (AGS). The fun never ends for our hotel's guests. In Augusta, Georgia, tourists flock to the astounding National Science Center or spend the morning strolling through the world of art at the Morris Museum. And, of course, Augusta is home to the Masters Golf Tournament. Corporate travelers love our location and facilities. You can check in with the office using free Wi-Fi access while in the Business Center. Our flexible 1,200 sq ft of meeting space is ideal for events of up to 150 people. We're located near International Paper, SFC Contract Services, Proctor & Gamble and Fort Gordon. While lodging with us, you'll definitely feel at home with our service and amenities. Our pet-friendly hotel has a veranda overlooking the sparkling outdoor pool and outdoor grills. You can keep up your workout routine in the well-equipped Fitness Center and then get a bite to eat in Ashley's, the in-house restaurant serving classic American cuisine and a free breakfast. Later, have a night cap in Ashley's lobby lounge. "Stay Smart" by booking one of our hotel's rooms in Augusta, Georgia today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. Hotel Augusta
Augusta Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.