“Not bad at all!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.

You added Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2155 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA 30909   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
“Not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I was very scared after reading all of the comments and I am very funny about hotels but this hotel was more than i expected very nice clean room nice decor staff was very nice and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed May 2013
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We greatly appreciate yoour loyality to the brand and we look forward to being able to serve you in the future. We srive to create special experiences at every opportunity and appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay.

If you are traveling to Augusta in the future, I would like to meet you and thank you personally.

Have a wonderfull summer.

Best regards,

GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Waycross, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My crew stayed at this hotel for the weekend and there must have been 100 kids ranging in age from 3-16 running around, screaming, riding scooters by the rooms, banging on stuff, and any other possible noise. The staff didn't seem bothered at all by this. It's currently 7:30pm and this has been nonstop ALL DAY. I have not been able to take a nap or even hear my tv. This is the worst place we have ever stayed by far!

• Stayed May 2013
I cannot express enough my comcern regarding your experience this past weekend. We had 4 teams in the hotel and some of the younger children were diffacult to contain.

I did call your room and speak to the gentlemen who answered and I apologized to him with considerable concern regarding this incident. He stated he understoon and they would be satying several more days.

Again, my sincere apology.

Decatur, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Despite the fancy sign and a nice courtyard, this is no better than your average motel. Though they claim to be 100% non-smoking, guests help themselves to smoking outside the exterior-opening rooms, and the lovely, cancerous bouquet enters one's non-smoking room easily. Also, despite paying for my room in full via priceline, the hotel took it upon itself to charge me $20 for "incidentals," and, when I called about it, I was told that someday, my bank will give me back the $20 missing from my account.
The fitness center equipment does work. The free breakfast is a greasy mess. The restaurant workers and maids are very nice.

Room Tip: THere is not a good room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
vince v, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, May 7, 2013
We are sorry your perception of our hotel was less than accepatable. Although we are an older established hotel, we pride ourself on delivering to our guests service beyond expectations.

We do appreciate your loyality to the brand and apologize for any less than satisfactory service you recieved. If you would be kind enough to try us again, I can assure you that your experience will be more than your expectations.

Angie.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I want to start with the staff was friendly and made you feel at home. Breakfast was great, the pool area is beautiful, the hotel is a little dated looking but very clean. Now, When I booked my reservation the website claimed they have 24 hour shuttle service to the airport and 3 mile radius. So I do not understand why my wife and I had to pay for a cab at 4am to go to the airport. You really should update the website if you don't offer 24 hour shuttle service anymore. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for thaking the time to provide your feed back on your recent stay experience.

We do offer 24 hour transportation to the Airport. I have spoken to the desk agent regarding this incident and advise her that if for some reason we cannot transport in our shuttle, we will pay for the cab.

Your experience we delivered is not acceptable. We strive to be more than you ask for and expect.

If you would be kind enough to call me at 706-737--2300 and ask for me, I will be more than glad to re-imburse you for the expense. This in no way can compensate you for your experience, but we offer our sincere apology.

Vince
airports
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

At check in the front desk lady took about 8 minutes to come from her back room. I think she was sleeping. It was like I interrupted her… I noticed that the room doors were all on the exterior. I asked the Front desk lady if there was a secure entry. She said yes there is then your room door. Great I thought. The Lobby was secure, I would think she was telling the truth.. SHE LIED. No secure entry, I got to my room Reeked like an old smoking room. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Dinge, had not been vacuumed. It was late so I did not want to try to find another hotel nor sis I want to fight with the front desk gal. I was going to say something in the morning and yep. No one there again. I ate breakfast, the waitress- Very nice! When I got done, I noticed the same gal was at the front desk again. So I really did not want to “bother” her again. I was here two nights, I checked out and found another hotel for the second night. I recommend you Stay Somewhere Else!

Room Tip: Go Somewhere else- Dirty, old, not clean, pool looked nice but not for as bad as the room was.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I am dismayed in your comment regarding our Front desk agent. I can assure you this individual has been counseled regarding their duties to guest, their attitude, their manner and what we are in business for. Guest satisfaction, guest return business and the importance in follow up to all guests witout exception. This is NOT how we treat our guest..

I ask that you give me a call so restitution can be made for this poor experience.

I may be reached at 706-737-2300 at your convenience.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Holiday Inn gouged customers during Masters Week. Everyone expects rates to be higher, but this property charged almost FIVE times the normal rate $430 for an $89 room. Not only did they gouge everyone, the TV did not work and three requests did nothing, the property is old and rundown, the carpets are dirty, the pool furniture is dirty and old, the front desk was rude and charged the wrong credit card.

Overall the Holiday Inn on Gordon was an embarrassment -- but they hauled in enough cash from customers who will never be back. My recommendation -- stay away from all Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Oh and the free breakfast isn't worth eating, unless you like luke-warm greasy meat!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I am sorry you feel we are a rip off. Out of 1135 rooms rented during masters, this was the only disinchanted individual we have found to be unhappy. Our return results are in 9 and 10 on surveys with major compliments as to staff, cleaniness, food quality and response.

I wish you would have given us the chance to address any issues you might have had.

I wish you save and satisfied travels in the future.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while my husband had business meetings. Obviously an older property but our room was clean along with the lobby and grounds. Staff was polite. Free wifi and breakfast was a nice touch. Pool looks beautiful and the grounds surrounding it are inviting. The overall surrounding area seems a bit dodgy, though.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We thank you for your kind remarks concerning our staff and facalities. We pride ourself on being very courtes and professional and responsive to all our guests needs. Your comments regarding our pool area and surrounding grounds is one of our prides and that all our guests love. It is not your typical in door pool, rather inviting large, quite and full of sun.

If you find yourself in the Augusta area again, we welcome you with gratitude, smiles and all your needs.

Have a great summer.

GM

Been to Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.

Address: 2155 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA 30909
Location: United States > Georgia > Augusta
Ranked #37 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. 3*
The excitement of Augusta is at your fingertips when you stay at our hotel near Fort Gordon. Lodging at the nonsmoking Holiday Inn® Augusta - Gordon Hwy hotel puts you near I-520 and I-20. In addition, our free 24-hour shuttle runs within a three-mile radius of the hotel and to and from Augusta Regional Airport (AGS). The fun never ends for our hotel's guests. In Augusta, Georgia, tourists flock to the astounding National Science Center or spend the morning strolling through the world of art at the Morris Museum. And, of course, Augusta is home to the Masters Golf Tournament. Corporate travelers love our location and facilities. You can check in with the office using free Wi-Fi access while in the Business Center. Our flexible 1,200 sq ft of meeting space is ideal for events of up to 150 people. We're located near International Paper, SFC Contract Services, Proctor & Gamble and Fort Gordon. While lodging with us, you'll definitely feel at home with our service and amenities. Our pet-friendly hotel has a veranda overlooking the sparkling outdoor pool and outdoor grills. You can keep up your workout routine in the well-equipped Fitness Center and then get a bite to eat in Ashley's, the in-house restaurant serving classic American cuisine and a free breakfast. Later, have a night cap in Ashley's lobby lounge. "Stay Smart" by booking one of our hotel's rooms in Augusta, Georgia today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. Hotel Augusta
Augusta Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.