“Now I smell Like Smoke... Hate for the front desk person to help either...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.

You added Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2155 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA 30909   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
airports
“Now I smell Like Smoke... Hate for the front desk person to help either...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

At check in the front desk lady took about 8 minutes to come from her back room. I think she was sleeping. It was like I interrupted her… I noticed that the room doors were all on the exterior. I asked the Front desk lady if there was a secure entry. She said yes there is then your room door. Great I thought. The Lobby was secure, I would think she was telling the truth.. SHE LIED. No secure entry, I got to my room Reeked like an old smoking room. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Dinge, had not been vacuumed. It was late so I did not want to try to find another hotel nor sis I want to fight with the front desk gal. I was going to say something in the morning and yep. No one there again. I ate breakfast, the waitress- Very nice! When I got done, I noticed the same gal was at the front desk again. So I really did not want to “bother” her again. I was here two nights, I checked out and found another hotel for the second night. I recommend you Stay Somewhere Else!

Room Tip: Go Somewhere else- Dirty, old, not clean, pool looked nice but not for as bad as the room was.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I am dismayed in your comment regarding our Front desk agent. I can assure you this individual has been counseled regarding their duties to guest, their attitude, their manner and what we are in business for. Guest satisfaction, guest return business and the importance in follow up to all guests witout exception. This is NOT how we treat our guest..

I ask that you give me a call so restitution can be made for this poor experience.

I may be reached at 706-737-2300 at your convenience.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Holiday Inn gouged customers during Masters Week. Everyone expects rates to be higher, but this property charged almost FIVE times the normal rate $430 for an $89 room. Not only did they gouge everyone, the TV did not work and three requests did nothing, the property is old and rundown, the carpets are dirty, the pool furniture is dirty and old, the front desk was rude and charged the wrong credit card.

Overall the Holiday Inn on Gordon was an embarrassment -- but they hauled in enough cash from customers who will never be back. My recommendation -- stay away from all Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Oh and the free breakfast isn't worth eating, unless you like luke-warm greasy meat!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I am sorry you feel we are a rip off. Out of 1135 rooms rented during masters, this was the only disinchanted individual we have found to be unhappy. Our return results are in 9 and 10 on surveys with major compliments as to staff, cleaniness, food quality and response.

I wish you would have given us the chance to address any issues you might have had.

I wish you save and satisfied travels in the future.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while my husband had business meetings. Obviously an older property but our room was clean along with the lobby and grounds. Staff was polite. Free wifi and breakfast was a nice touch. Pool looks beautiful and the grounds surrounding it are inviting. The overall surrounding area seems a bit dodgy, though.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We thank you for your kind remarks concerning our staff and facalities. We pride ourself on being very courtes and professional and responsive to all our guests needs. Your comments regarding our pool area and surrounding grounds is one of our prides and that all our guests love. It is not your typical in door pool, rather inviting large, quite and full of sun.

If you find yourself in the Augusta area again, we welcome you with gratitude, smiles and all your needs.

Have a great summer.

Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (me, wife, son) stayed overnight at this hotel on our way from Statesboro, GA. I must admit it was the price that attracted us to this hotel given the plethora of options in Augusta. GA. In addition, I though the hotel was a Holiday Inn Express. Nonetheless, I found myself "dreaming of the possibilities" of how this average hotel could be consistently excellent. The staff was a mix of polite, indifferent, professional, and mediocre. The campus conjured images of being robbed to having a fantastic family getaway. If management would invest in the 'details' then this could truly become an excellent option when visiting Augusta. In the meantime given the price, location that gives easy access to the city, and an inviting pool area. I would recommend this hotel for bargain travelers but keep your eye on this location because it could become a highly recommended.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the bottom floor in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
vince v, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to express you experience at our hotel.

It is with dismay, that we were not ALL in the polite and professional catagory in all aspects.

We are addressing the comments that we were indifferent and midiocre. This is not the way we do business. I do ask you pay us another visit so we can demostrate we do want to deliver excellent servicxe to all our guest at all times. Mediocre is not our commitment. Excellance at all turns is always our goal.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Vince
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Spent one night here last week and experienced none of the problems others have mentioned. The staff was friendly and attentive, the landscaping excellent and the room was fine for the hotel category.

Yes, it is an older property with outdoor access to each room but I cannot see that as a problem, even for safety. The rooms, lobby, and other common areas have all been renovated and everything is current style and clean, with the exception of the bathroom layouts which are still old style. But clean.

The first minor hiccup was that I was third in line for check in behind two individuals who had not pre-booked. Only one clerk working reception and it took about 15 minutes before I made it to the front of the line. That's really too long and I would hope that if the line were any longer they would call someone else from the back office to help.

The second was a really weird policy of providing a free buffet breakfast (which was average) but not including juice!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room for quiet nights.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are glad your stay was nice, and thank you for the kind comments regarding other guest reviews as you did not see the same things they expressed opinion about. You felt safe, everything on the property was clean and our guest service was very good.

I do apologize for the extra time you spent during check in. We did have a group block that evening, but each person was required to make their own payment arrangements. Again, my apology.

If per chance you find yourself in the Augusta area in the near future, I would like to meet you and thank you for your kind remarks.

GM.
Fairfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Let me just begin by saying that I'm probably one of the most patient, easy going, respectful people you'll ever meet. That being said, I was completely frustrated/ pissed off at the lack of customer service by the end of my stay here.

If you happen to make the same mistake I did and actually book a room here, stay away from the first floor parking lot facing rooms. Way to noisy between the cars and other guests using the lot to tailgate. The first night I was woken up 2hrs earlier than I needed to be because of the alarm in the adjacent room, which no one was staying in. After calling the front desk twice within 30 mins to have them shut it off I finally just got up and started my day. an hour and a half later it was still ringing loudly through the walls. I called one last time before I headed out to my job to voice my distaste in their apparent lack of service. The second night I was woken up at 3:30am by the high beams of some ghetto [--] caddy blasting crappy hip hop. In fear of losing my life to the locals I stayed in my cell until they decided to turn it off...30 mins later. The breakfast order I put in the night prior never showed up to my room at 7am and I had to walk half way around the building to pick up my check, which should have been put under my door. Apparently no one "works" here...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I must apologize for your experience. The long response to your request is not acceptable. We do not normally operate this way. We are quick to respond to all guest concerns promptly and to the guest satisfaction.

This is not our normal response and we are looking into this situatio and correct waht issue generated this lack of response.

If you would be kind enough to call the hotel and ask for me, we will make restatution in kind.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was about to book this hotel for a trip this weekend. They advertised a $75 rate on the Holiday Inn website. When you go to make the actual reservation, they add a $54 service charge at the last minute on top of room rate and tax. It's in a small box on the bottom left of the page. That's an additional 70% up charge on a room night, and this place certainly isn't a resort. I can't understand why the would do that other than to make their rates look low the unsuspecting traveler. Be careful!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for your comments on exrtra fees. We do NOT have extra fees regardless of what sight you go to. This is a mistake on somone's site. Our rates are our rates.

If you would be kind enough to call the hotel directly, I would more than happy to make the reservation for you ( without any hidden fee).

I may be reached at 706-737-2300 x 600