“Dreaming of the possibilities” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.

You added Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2155 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA 30909   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Acworth, Georgia
“Dreaming of the possibilities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (me, wife, son) stayed overnight at this hotel on our way from Statesboro, GA. I must admit it was the price that attracted us to this hotel given the plethora of options in Augusta. GA. In addition, I though the hotel was a Holiday Inn Express. Nonetheless, I found myself "dreaming of the possibilities" of how this average hotel could be consistently excellent. The staff was a mix of polite, indifferent, professional, and mediocre. The campus conjured images of being robbed to having a fantastic family getaway. If management would invest in the 'details' then this could truly become an excellent option when visiting Augusta. In the meantime given the price, location that gives easy access to the city, and an inviting pool area. I would recommend this hotel for bargain travelers but keep your eye on this location because it could become a highly recommended.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the bottom floor in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
vince v, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to express you experience at our hotel.

It is with dismay, that we were not ALL in the polite and professional catagory in all aspects.

We are addressing the comments that we were indifferent and midiocre. This is not the way we do business. I do ask you pay us another visit so we can demostrate we do want to deliver excellent servicxe to all our guest at all times. Mediocre is not our commitment. Excellance at all turns is always our goal.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Vince

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Spent one night here last week and experienced none of the problems others have mentioned. The staff was friendly and attentive, the landscaping excellent and the room was fine for the hotel category.

Yes, it is an older property with outdoor access to each room but I cannot see that as a problem, even for safety. The rooms, lobby, and other common areas have all been renovated and everything is current style and clean, with the exception of the bathroom layouts which are still old style. But clean.

The first minor hiccup was that I was third in line for check in behind two individuals who had not pre-booked. Only one clerk working reception and it took about 15 minutes before I made it to the front of the line. That's really too long and I would hope that if the line were any longer they would call someone else from the back office to help.

The second was a really weird policy of providing a free buffet breakfast (which was average) but not including juice!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room for quiet nights.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are glad your stay was nice, and thank you for the kind comments regarding other guest reviews as you did not see the same things they expressed opinion about. You felt safe, everything on the property was clean and our guest service was very good.

I do apologize for the extra time you spent during check in. We did have a group block that evening, but each person was required to make their own payment arrangements. Again, my apology.

If per chance you find yourself in the Augusta area in the near future, I would like to meet you and thank you for your kind remarks.

GM.
Fairfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Let me just begin by saying that I'm probably one of the most patient, easy going, respectful people you'll ever meet. That being said, I was completely frustrated/ pissed off at the lack of customer service by the end of my stay here.

If you happen to make the same mistake I did and actually book a room here, stay away from the first floor parking lot facing rooms. Way to noisy between the cars and other guests using the lot to tailgate. The first night I was woken up 2hrs earlier than I needed to be because of the alarm in the adjacent room, which no one was staying in. After calling the front desk twice within 30 mins to have them shut it off I finally just got up and started my day. an hour and a half later it was still ringing loudly through the walls. I called one last time before I headed out to my job to voice my distaste in their apparent lack of service. The second night I was woken up at 3:30am by the high beams of some ghetto [--] caddy blasting crappy hip hop. In fear of losing my life to the locals I stayed in my cell until they decided to turn it off...30 mins later. The breakfast order I put in the night prior never showed up to my room at 7am and I had to walk half way around the building to pick up my check, which should have been put under my door. Apparently no one "works" here...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I must apologize for your experience. The long response to your request is not acceptable. We do not normally operate this way. We are quick to respond to all guest concerns promptly and to the guest satisfaction.

This is not our normal response and we are looking into this situatio and correct waht issue generated this lack of response.

If you would be kind enough to call the hotel and ask for me, we will make restatution in kind.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was about to book this hotel for a trip this weekend. They advertised a $75 rate on the Holiday Inn website. When you go to make the actual reservation, they add a $54 service charge at the last minute on top of room rate and tax. It's in a small box on the bottom left of the page. That's an additional 70% up charge on a room night, and this place certainly isn't a resort. I can't understand why the would do that other than to make their rates look low the unsuspecting traveler. Be careful!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for your comments on exrtra fees. We do NOT have extra fees regardless of what sight you go to. This is a mistake on somone's site. Our rates are our rates.

If you would be kind enough to call the hotel directly, I would more than happy to make the reservation for you ( without any hidden fee).

I may be reached at 706-737-2300 x 600

GM.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good accommodations. Just not new, dated to a couple decades ago. Outside entry to rooms. Rooms have the large non-opening view to parking area that one would expect from a cheaper hotel. Rooms rather small, but clean. I booked as a non-smoker, requiring a non-smoking room. I resent that I had to initial acknowledging a $250 fee if I smoked in the room. As a priority club member, I was also disappointed in the welcoming package (room temperature bottled water).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear mpjdad,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to read you liked our accommodations. However, I apologize for the condition of the bottled water you received as well as the condition of the room. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice hotel, nice lobby, a small little bar if you want a beer or a drink before heading off to bed. Nice flat screen TV's, and King Size Bed. Very clean, and the maids are thorough. My room had an outlet that was not working near the window, I had to unplug the light by the bed so I could use my laptop while in bed. Also the lamp next to the chair couldn't work because the outlet was not working (needs to be fixed) room #264. Nice full buffet breakfast every morning. The wait staff very friendly and kind.

The location is poor in the fact that it's not really close to everything. The mall is a few miles away, and good eateries would be near that. Also getting out of the place is very tricky, Gordon Hwy is fast moving traffic, and you are smarter to pull out and make a right turn go up and turn around at the traffic light (u turn style), as I honestly thought I was going to get nailed trying to pull out. Easy to get in no problems. Very quiet and in the back so no worry about loud noise from traffic as you won't have any.

Several times I had to go to the front desk because one time I left my key in the room, and another time the key just wouldn't work. Both times I was not asked for ID that is a cardinal rule security has to be on everyone's mind. All employees need to verify the ID, and that didn't happen on 2 occassions.

Lastly upon checking in I was told that I "may or may not get my bonus points" because I booked through Priceline. Since the girl didn't know she might better find out. I didn't even ask about my bonus points I just wanted to use the membership for a late check out on Friday. I would suggest that you don't bring up vague statements if you don't know. All in all hands down the price, and the comfort would have me coming back. Staff even with minor isolated incidents are nice. Oh yes, the 4 small pillows, although nice presentation on the bed. I prefer larger pillow or normal size you might want to bring your pillow if you don't like the small ones.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to post your kind remarkes on Tripadvisor. We try to give excellant service to all our guests, and one like you, we are especially proud of.

If you are in the area again, we ask that you consider us for your next lodging needs.

Again, we want to excell in service to all our guests.

Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our experience was good, we loved our room which was a king single. It was clean and we loved the décor. The gym needs to be updated though, I like to get a workout in even when I'm traveling. We toured the lobby, bar and dining area very nice and clean. I would like to say that the front desk clerk Alexia was very helpful, friendly and courteous. We really appreciated that. The lighting in the corridor area outside leading to the rooms is dim and need updating. The housekeeping staff were took good care of us and did a wonderful job.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We appreciate your kind comments. It is our wish and commitment to insure all who stay with us enjoy and have a great experience.

Just for you to know, we will start our renovation phase this 1st quarter of this year. Carpet, drapes and furniture has been ordered for install.

We wish you safe travels and look forward to being of service to you in your future travels.

GM