“Perfectly fine hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.

You added Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2155 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA 30909   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Perfectly fine hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed with my husband and 2 small children for a 2 night stay mid-summer and had no problems or complaints. The pool area is wonderful, despite a few small leaves that fall into the water (as another reviewer pointed out). The water was otherwise clean and refreshing. The rooms are all outside-entry (no hallway), with the older style A/C units that always seem to be either blowing HIGH or not at all. Floor was a little damp around the A/C unit. Beds were very comfortable, though. Bathroom was a split plan with the toilet and tub behind a door and the sink out in the room. Makes it easier to get dressed in the morning with several people trying to share the bathroom! Breakfast was very nice and a delightful surprise since most HI don't include breakfast. This is a nice (smaller) buffet in a restaurant-type setting with silverware and real glassware on the tables. A server does come around and ask if you want coffee or other drinks. Don't forget to tip! The breakfast selection the days we were there included: cold cereal, yogurt, fresh cut cantaloupe and honeydew, fresh cut pineapple, biscuits with sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, grits. There was also a station with bread and english muffins for toasting and some small pastries. Don't sit near this station -- it's warm next to the toaster!! All staff members that we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels and I would have no problems returning to the Holiday Inn Augusta-Gordon Highway -- Plus, the price is fantastic!!! (oh, and free internet, too!)

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor as there does not seem to be an elevator to the second floor. Also...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, September 4, 2012
We the management of the hotel would like to thank you for your good remarks regarding your recent stay.

It is nice to know people make their own judgements of a Hotel rather than taking some one else's thoughts.

We look forwrd to being host to you in the future. We wish you safe travels and a great and beautiful fall of the year.

Again we thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cookeville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The staff is friendly and the room was clean. What was wrong with my stay was the bedding. I was in room 171 and the mattress was horrible. It had been broken down and no matter how hard you tried you ended up in a sunken spot. I ended up sleeping in a chair. If I where you I would do what I plan to do the next time I am in the area; stay across the street at the Fairfield.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Let me begin with I am sorry Roy did not find our bedding to his liking.

I do not understand how someone can make a sour comment about our bedding when in March 2012 all the bedding in the Hotel was replaced with Serta Titanium 600 bedding with pillow top. This was done at a cost in excess of $60,00.00.

I would ask Roy to please call me at 706-437-2300 so I can ask why he had a problem, when we are having guests asking how and whrere to buy our bedding.

GM.

that a person can think we have bad bedding
Atlanta,GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I like Holiday Inn, but this location is the worst one I've stayed at. Its not a good part of town, and the hotel is very old feeling. All the rooms have outside entrances, which gives it a roadside motel feel. The rooms were good inside and service was good as usual, but not a good location overall.

• Stayed August 2012
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I woould like to apologize for any misunderstanding regarding our Hotel. Yes we are an older property, but one that so many guests really enjoy and continue to return to as we have the very large and beautiful exterior pool and gardens wirh a veranda and BBQ pit areas. This is not the usual indoor, small indifferent pool that is found at most hotels. We are told we are a rare exception with all our amenties including the fantastic pool.

In regards to location, our location is 1.5 miles from the 2nd largest mall in Georgia, many fine restaurants, very close to I- 20 and the nearest hotel to Fort Gordon.

We do hope you would consider us again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Room was clean but unhappy that there is no elevator for knee problem on stairs. Never occurred to me to ask as most all hotels have elevators. Mattresses on both beds were too soft from obvious wear. Told that Hotel could not accept cash for room until checkout day so had to provide debit card - this was ok. Told that account hold would take place on debit card account - this was ok. After the1st night, was locked out of room and told insufficient funds in account. This was not true as there was "WELL" over the needed amount in the account. I was then allowed to pay cash for the 2 nights (odd was not told this at checked in). Expressed unhappiness (very civil about this) with being locked out as there was plenty of money in account. Happy I could pay cash for the 2 night stay. Keys were reset to allow entry in room. But climbed stairs and keys did not work :( Had to go "BACK" to front desk and she reset keys again. I know with every fiber of my being that she did not reset keys on purpose because I expressed that I know that there are sufficient funds. When returned home and checked with bank, there was never any inquiry on account, never a hold on account funds, and plenty of funding to cover cost of 2 nights. Glad to get out of that hotel - went to Springhill Suites in Savannah where there is only account hold of 25% of room cost when using debit card. Mattresses were firm. Much more space for same price as HI in Augusta. Moral of story, do not plan to use debit cards at Holiday Inn's. They, at least in Augusta, wants to put hold on account of 100% of room cost per night - at least this is what they say :(

Room Tip: Speak to manager if you have any abnormal circumstances such as a debit card rather than a credit ca...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We would like to apologize for the soft mattress experience. We realize some people prefer a more firm mattress to get there rest on, but we just replaced ALL the mattress in every room in March 2012. These are Holiday Inn Spec with a pillowtop.

We have so many guests that want to know where they can purchase them. They are Simmons Titanium 600 addition units. Mattress and box spring.

Again my sincere apology for your concern.

Vincer Vinson
Greenwood, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed here several times this summer for business purposes. I was satisfied until the last time. This is a non-smoking hotel. There was an ashtray outside my room, i could smell the smoke inside the room. The pool was NASTY! There were alot of leaves in it and the water was turning green. Obviously had not been serviced in some time. This was in mid August.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for your response and comments. I reviewing your comments I would like to start with I am sorry your stay was less that expected as we strive to be the best option for any traveler.

Regarding the pool- the pool was down due to pool pump failure. This was ordered the very same day that you were here. We recieved the pump 2 days later and was insatlled immediately. We also replaced the filtering system at the same time.

Mechanical failures do happen and we are sorry it was during your stay.

We ask that you give us another try when visiting Augusta.

North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I frequently travel to Augusta for business. I chose this hotel above others for location (close to mall and 15 mins from my account), price, and great staff.

I recently stayed with my family, and we chose the hotel for the great outdoor pool. The pool is wonderful if you have small children as half of it is a 3-ft depth and roped off from the other half. My kids had a blast. There is an armband policy to assure that only guests use the pool, however it doesn't appear to be enforced. It seems to be a new policy.

The front desk staff of Kittie, Alexis, and Sandra were excellent. Kittie checked us in with no problems and was able to accommodate our rooming needs. Alexis and Sandra were very efficient in checking us out and assisting me with my future reservations. Alexis has always assisted me when I had any issues.

The rooms are exterior access with older air conditioning units (several have been replaced, though), so they can feel a bit damp with humidity. Rooms now have LCD TVs with limited channels. Pillows are great with option of soft and firm. I find the microwave and refrigerator very useful on my visits.

Breakfast is adequate with hot and cold options. Meats (sausage and bacon) leave something to be desired, but there are good options of yogurt, fruit, cereal, eggs, potatoes, and biscuits/gravy. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Overall, I rate this hotel "very good". While a reviewer described the area as "ugly and unsafe", I find this hotel to be the contrary. The landscaping is excellent, the newly recoated parking area looks good, and I have never had any issues with safety. Service people, contractors, and military are the typical clientele, and we find that this hotel is the best in the area!

Room Tip: Second floor does not have as much exterior traffic.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We the management and staff thank you for your kind remarks. This is what we are here for- HOSPITALITY!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Augusta. Please stop and ask for me, as i would like to meet you directly.

It is great that our guests take the time to comment on their stay. We share these comments with all staff members so they can see the results they generate to insure a safe, comfortable and friendly stay. Yes, the pool is an area that everone enjoys while staying with us and we are pround of it as well as all our other amenties.

Warner Robins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and were satisfied with every aspect of our stay until checkout. I called before check-in and sought a rate reduction and was told no. I reluctantly kept my reservation. Upon arrival I was informed that my rate had been dropped by $10.00 per night, so that was a pleasant surprise. However upon checkout the original rate was being assessed. The manager informed me that she did not have to change my charges but she would this time and that it was my fault because I signed the check-in agreement agreeing to the previous rate. She was correct in that sense, I should have been more observant then my unpleasant exchange with her could have been avoided. Breakfast bar was great, several friendly staff members, beautiful courtyard and pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
vince v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I want to first state that I am terribly sorry regarding the miscommunication regarding your rate.

In investigating your concern, I find the response to be less than acceptable. I am glad to have you for our guest during your 3 day stay, but hope this does not reflect on us tooo terribly. If you have an opportunity to call me at 706-737-2300, I would like to apologize in person. Again, my sincere apology for the less than acceptable communication.

GM

Been to Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy.

Address: 2155 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA 30909
Location: United States > Georgia > Augusta
Ranked #37 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. 3*
The excitement of Augusta is at your fingertips when you stay at our hotel near Fort Gordon. Lodging at the nonsmoking Holiday Inn® Augusta - Gordon Hwy hotel puts you near I-520 and I-20. In addition, our free 24-hour shuttle runs within a three-mile radius of the hotel and to and from Augusta Regional Airport (AGS). The fun never ends for our hotel's guests. In Augusta, Georgia, tourists flock to the astounding National Science Center or spend the morning strolling through the world of art at the Morris Museum. And, of course, Augusta is home to the Masters Golf Tournament. Corporate travelers love our location and facilities. You can check in with the office using free Wi-Fi access while in the Business Center. Our flexible 1,200 sq ft of meeting space is ideal for events of up to 150 people. We're located near International Paper, SFC Contract Services, Proctor & Gamble and Fort Gordon. While lodging with us, you'll definitely feel at home with our service and amenities. Our pet-friendly hotel has a veranda overlooking the sparkling outdoor pool and outdoor grills. You can keep up your workout routine in the well-equipped Fitness Center and then get a bite to eat in Ashley's, the in-house restaurant serving classic American cuisine and a free breakfast. Later, have a night cap in Ashley's lobby lounge. "Stay Smart" by booking one of our hotel's rooms in Augusta, Georgia today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy. Hotel Augusta
Augusta Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Augusta - Gordon Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.