“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3030 Washington Road, Augusta, GA 30907   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Johnson City, Tennessee USA
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is an older Hampton Inn with entrances on the outside of the hotel. Not run down, but very dated. Room was supposed to be non-smoking and maybe it is. But, not always I think. Very small shower and commode area. Small bathroom. Pass through HVAC system. Just not up to Hampton standards. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend more and stay at newer Hampton Inn west of this property. Rooms all the way in the back are v...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Slovtu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with your recent stay in Augusta. I want to apologize that our hotel was more seasoned than expected.

Yet, due to our age, we work diligently to uphold the highest Hampton Inn Standards in cleanliness and friendliness.

I apologize for the aroma in your room was not what you were expecting. We work hard to eliminate rooms being smoked in that are listed as non-smoking. I will inform our team in the housekeeping department to be more aware of the aroma of the rooms prior to check in.

Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your ocmfort.

David Przedecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
West Chester, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The overall appearance and cleanliness is very good, but if you want a quiet and comfortable stay, I don't recommend this particular Hampton Inn. All rooms have exterior access. The road noise, and the noise from guess coming and going is very annoying. The heating and AC units are also very loud. Makes it very difficult to watch television or get a good nights rest.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good Afternoon Mr. Aaron W.

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with your recent stay in Augusta. I want to apologize for the nosie that disturbed your stay.

We want our guest to ahve the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry if that was not the case with your stay. We are a Generation 1 Hampton being number 16 of 1932 ever built back in the mid 80's.

I am pleased to hear that the staff was accommodating to your needs. Again, thank you fro making the effort to share your thoughts. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Joplin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This Hotel treated as so well had welcome bags for my whole party of 4. this hotel should be a model for Hilton as how a Hilton honors member should be treated. They turned a bad situation into a great day as our car had broke down and we where stuck with no toiletries or anything then even gave us toothbrushes and saving stuff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Michael K,

Thank you for taking the time during the holiday time to complete a comment on Trip Advisor. I appreciate all feed back and like to know what we can do to make things better here in Augusta.

Based on your comments, it looks like we are hitting all of our 5 Stars that we focus on.... Thank you for the kind words as I have shared them with all of my staff in our daily meetings. Comments like those help us achieve our goal of being the #1 hotel in Augusta.

Enjoy your upcoming holidays and thank you.

Augusta, GA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just stayed one night. Room was clean, but smelt like cigartte smoke. Front desk offered to switch rooms, but I was too tired. Breakfeast was very good. Their was even a Denny's next door, but we decided to stay at the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Demetris

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay. I want to personally thank you for the kind comments regarding your hotel experience.

i apologize for the room odor was not what you had expected upon arrival. Please understand that we hold our cleanliness and room aroma to a high expectation and we have begun deep cleaning the room to ensure that others don't have a similar experience.

We are pleased that you chose to stay with us for breakfast rather than Denny's. We are working on improving our breakfast as we speak. Do come back and try us again in 2014.

Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I made a reservation over 6 months in advance and prepaid. Upon arrival, I was told that the non-smoking room I had reserved was not available because they had underestimated the number of "stay overs" from the night before. I was told that no other rooms were available.
It was take it or leave it. Given that about 5,000 people were in town for Ironman, there were no other last minute room options at other hotels. I was told that I should call the manager the next week to discuss. The room wreaked of smoke. The television and refrigerator were not operating requiring a maintenance man to make operable. No phone calls or emails to the manager have ever been returned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear sarrcfordm,

Thank you for taking time to complete a response on Trip Advisor. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. I am also unaware of you trying to contact me. As you can see in many of my responses, I try to respond to everyone within 2-3 days. If you would like to please feel to reach out to me again at 706.288.6909.

Again, thank you making the effort to share your thoughts with us regarding the cleanliness of the room. Additionally, we are a Generation 1 Hampton Inn, being the 16th out of 1917 Hampton Inn in existence. I cannot control the fact that we are an exterior but have complete control over the service and cleanliness.

Please stay with us again soon that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Norcross, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Last stay in Augusta was the Marriott Courtyard, nearby. The was so so much better in every way. Staff was superb at the Hampton Inn. I would never stay at that Marriott nor could I recommend it under any circumstances. And this was half the cost.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Lee,

Thank for completing a response on our Trip Advisor page. We appreciate all and any feedback regarding our hotel and service...

To be compared and rated higher than a full service Marriott is extremely flattering and we appricate the praise. We aim to be the best hotel in Augusta and with your comments it shows that we are diligently working toward that goal.

Thank you again and we would love to have you back when you are in Augusta.

Weaverville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This Hampton is a nice, clean motel. I have always had a nice experience here. Good location and helpful staff. I have stayed here several times, and will do so again in the future if I am in Augusta. This Hampton Inn is a great value for the money.

Dear Amy M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a fantastic review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay. We are doing everything we can to make sure that you are extremely satisfied by providing you with an excellent stay and accommodations.

Thank you for the kind comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again,

Repectfully,