“Good Value - super helpful and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 15% Book Early
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Lorton, VA, United States
“Good Value - super helpful and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here for a celebration of my mother's 90th birthday for which we had to have a present shipped to the hotel to be sure we had it to give to my mom. The hotel staff was very helpful and not only made sure the package was held for us (it arrived before us) but also called to let us know it had arrived. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Stephen W..

Thank you for submitting both a Hampton Survey and Trip Advisor Survey. I review all surveys and take all comments to heart, either good or bad.

I am please to hear that our staff met and exceeded your expectations during your stay. I am proud of how my staff handled your special package for your mothers 90th. That is a huge milestone.

I will share your comment via the Hampton Survey to my team and make changes and adjustments where needed and continue to give the great service that you received and that Hampton Stands for.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and thank you again.

David Przedecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently had an unexpected need for some accommodations in the Augusta area and blindly went on a bidding website, named a price and was booked at this Hampton Inn. Don't let the motel facade fool you...this is a very nice place as one will notice upon first entering the lobby. The staff was very friendly and the lobby was very up to date with two large televisions, clean and comfortable seating and a very nice serving area. First thing I noticed was that there was a generous reception set up which included complementary wine/beer as well as a selection of several different appetizers. More than one person in the lobby commented to me on how pleased they were with this unexpected treat. In fact, the appetizers comprised my dinner for the first two nights. The room was very spacious and clean and the king bed was soft and comfortable. The pool area looks very inviting and I loved using the work out room which had a decent variety of equipment and free weights along with a large flat screen TV which was nice. Plus there is a Sauna (surprise) and fresh towels and a water cooler for your work out. You could tell that everything was cleaned regularly and maintained very well. Breakfast in the morning was more than ample and had a great variety of both hot and cold items to chose along with pastry and fresh fruit. You could tell that those preparing the food certainly took pride in their work. If there was only one critique I could have it would be that I wished the evening happy hour was 7 days a week instead of just Tues and Wed. I enjoyed my first night so much and was so impressed that I booked four more and plan on extending my stay for even longer. No need to hotel hop...I have found a great little gem.

Room Tip: If you need a huge room....ask for room 109....it must have been two rooms at one time that were con...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Dawg_Fan_69

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor comment during your down time. We appreciate all comments and look for ways to get better.

Simply WOW and thank you is all I can say about your comments. We are all thrilled to hear that you were Extremely Satisfied with your stay. I wish I could offer the reception daily but I sure you can understand that financially it would be challenging, but things can change.

We are glad to hear that you rebooked with us and please introduce yourself so that we can formally meet.

Lexington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

great place to stay freindly staff great breakfast. Rooms were nice convient to eatires and mall. thanks for being a good place to stay. when i reported the problem to you yall said you would take care of it and i think yall did

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Jason S.

Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta as your place of rest. We appreciate your business and the time you took in completing our survey.

I have reviewed your responses toTrip Advsior you completed and am pleased to see that we met your expectations. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in Augusta. Thank you for the generous rating you gave on our service and cleanliness. We put much focus on those areas.

If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Crestwood, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff were nice and helpful. The free breakfast was good. This hotel is in bad need of a renovation. The rooms were not cleaned as well as expected, either. Also, the toilet in the bathroom is so low to the floor and in a tight spot that I had trouble with it and I'm just an average sized person.

• Stayed August 2013
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Good Morning Mr. Douglas H.

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guest is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

David Przedecki,
Gastonia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very good complimentary appetizers and adult beverages (wine & draft beer) on Tues & Wed evening from 5-7pm. Very friendly folks and helpful to the max. Very close to the interstate, I-20, and has the most restaurants up and down the road as any I have ever stayed with. Highly recommend using this location when in Augusta GA.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Scott B.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Review. We value all opinions, good and bad. We are glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel and our Managers Receptions.

We strive to be the best hotel in Augusta and we are most definetly making strides to do so. We aim to please and be the cleanest and friendliest hotel.

Please see us again when you come and thank you for the remarks

Respectfully.
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked this hotel while on my way to take my son to start college at Augusta State. Didn't have time to research just booked on my previous experience at Hampton Inns.
It was not at all what I expected for $100 plus per night.
First of all, it's a motel with room doors to the exterior. We found hair in our bath tub and the bath tub was clogged. We checked in at the end if a long day driving and were quite tired. We get to our room to find out the toilet was not working. We were told no other rooms like ours were available. We had to wait for the maintenance guy to come fix it.

The customer service was good. The night attendant was very friendly.
The hot breakfast was not good. We opted for Denny's next door instead, which was very good.

Fortunately my stay was just one night. My lesson learned for next time is do my research first. Don't book a last minute over phone or just wait till you get there to see what you are getting into.
Will not recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Skygoddess55....

Thank you for taking time to complete a response on Trip Advisor. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you making the effort to share your thoughts with us regarding the cleanliness of the room. Additionally, we are a Generation 1 Hampton Inn, being the 16th out of 1917 Hampton Inn in existence. I cannot control the fact that we are an exterior but have complete control over the service and cleanliness.

Please stay with us again soon that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room super clean, staff super helpful & friendly, good hot breakfast with large selection. Hotel is located close to restaurants and highway. Hotel is in walking distance to a movie theatre. I plan
To stay here the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Tan H...

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We strive to be the best hotel in Augusta and based on your comments is clearly shows that we hitting the mark. We look forward to see you on your return trip.

David Przedecki

Been to Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road? Share your experiences!