“Hampton Inn Washington Rd. Augusta GA” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3030 Washington Road, Augusta, GA 30907   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 79 hotels in Augusta
Gastonia, United States
“Hampton Inn Washington Rd. Augusta GA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very good complimentary appetizers and adult beverages (wine & draft beer) on Tues & Wed evening from 5-7pm. Very friendly folks and helpful to the max. Very close to the interstate, I-20, and has the most restaurants up and down the road as any I have ever stayed with. Highly recommend using this location when in Augusta GA.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Scott B.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Review. We value all opinions, good and bad. We are glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel and our Managers Receptions.

We strive to be the best hotel in Augusta and we are most definetly making strides to do so. We aim to please and be the cleanest and friendliest hotel.

Please see us again when you come and thank you for the remarks

Respectfully.

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked this hotel while on my way to take my son to start college at Augusta State. Didn't have time to research just booked on my previous experience at Hampton Inns.
It was not at all what I expected for $100 plus per night.
First of all, it's a motel with room doors to the exterior. We found hair in our bath tub and the bath tub was clogged. We checked in at the end if a long day driving and were quite tired. We get to our room to find out the toilet was not working. We were told no other rooms like ours were available. We had to wait for the maintenance guy to come fix it.

The customer service was good. The night attendant was very friendly.
The hot breakfast was not good. We opted for Denny's next door instead, which was very good.

Fortunately my stay was just one night. My lesson learned for next time is do my research first. Don't book a last minute over phone or just wait till you get there to see what you are getting into.
Will not recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Skygoddess55....

Thank you for taking time to complete a response on Trip Advisor. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you making the effort to share your thoughts with us regarding the cleanliness of the room. Additionally, we are a Generation 1 Hampton Inn, being the 16th out of 1917 Hampton Inn in existence. I cannot control the fact that we are an exterior but have complete control over the service and cleanliness.

Please stay with us again soon that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room super clean, staff super helpful & friendly, good hot breakfast with large selection. Hotel is located close to restaurants and highway. Hotel is in walking distance to a movie theatre. I plan
To stay here the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Tan H...

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We strive to be the best hotel in Augusta and based on your comments is clearly shows that we hitting the mark. We look forward to see you on your return trip.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Older property tucked away in the trees, but definitely worth finding! The front desk staff was very accomadating, friendly, and helpful. The rooms all have exterior entrances which I like for unloading and loading. Room was very clean and comfortable. We would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Bob,

Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta as your place of rest. We appreciate your business and the time you took in completing our survey.

I have reviewed your responses to Trip Advisor and am pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in Augusta. Thank you for the generous rating you gave on our service and cleanliness. We put much focus on those areas.

If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Augusta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

It was one of the best motels i have stayed in ,good pool ,nice room ,clean and safe envinroment.The clerk was a big help for me and my friend.The motel set in a good area plenty of food restaurant.From me to other it's one of my favorite spots.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Eric.

I cannot thank you enough for the great remarks and scores you gave my hotel. It clearly shows that age does not jeopardize service nor cleanlieness.

We strive to be perfect and to be the best hotel in Augusta. Clearly we are achieving that goal. We hope to see you again soon and please let me know when you are returning so that we can formally meet and that I might thank you in person

Respectfully
auburn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

always have a great experience stay at any hilton family hotel. but one our rooms had a faint to strong moldy smell. but we didnt have a problem with it and just slept thru it. was also told they are in the process of building a new hotel to replace this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Chris

Thank you for taking the time to submit a response on trip advisor. Me and the team here value your opinion.

I want to express my deepest apology for the condition of your room. We strive to be the cleanest hotel in Augusta. Though your review was anboge our standards I want you to know that we will work diligently to correct the matter so that other guests don't experience the same thing.

Thank you again for the kind scores and we look forward to having you back.

Respectfully
Davd Przedecki
Columbus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We will start with the good... This property is in a good location close to the interstate with gas and food easily found. We actually like the outside rooms and found ours well appointed and clean. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was very good with a selection of items both hot and cold.
The bad... We booked this room ahead and had noted a later check-in and that we would be needing a porta-crib. Upon arriving, the front desk person initially made a call to someone to check that the crib was in the room. After a couple of phone calls and about 45 minutes, it was evident that there were no cribs to be had. Try enjoying a night with a 17 month old and no place to sleep. If the room has been booked and you have not cancelled (by 6pm), then there is no reason that a crib should not have been in that room.
As a frequent traveler, I had expected Hampton Inn to pay a little more attention to detail but may have to rethink. Maybe this was just a one-timer... Lets hope!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Jim K

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of the problem with your reservation. I know how frustrating reservation problems can be and do apologize for the inconvenience.

A good stay begins with an efficient reservations and receiving the accommodations and requests you expect. I am sorry if this was not the case. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your comments with my team so that others are disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please try us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

David Przedecki

Been to Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road? Share your experiences!