“Clean & Tidy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Clean & Tidy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Overall your average Courtyard stay with pleasent staff and clean rooms. Has reasonable workout equipment and clean rooms but lacks an elevator.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lawrenceville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay here to get a break from the kids. I walked into the lobby to get a quote on a room. I was very impressed with the recent lobby renovations. The lobby is absolutely beautiful. Very contemporary styling so I assumed the rooms had been renovated as well WRONGGGGG!!!! It appears they spent every dime on the lobby with the slate tile and the interactive touch screen flat screen TV that provided info on local restaurants & entertainment. The carpet in the rooms hadn't been changed since the late 90's based on the pattern. The bed was atrocious. I probably would've been more comfortable on a bed of nails. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! Not Worth the $115 we spent. Should have been $59.95!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The Marriott Courtyard in Augusta has been remodeled and is in great condition. New mattress and sleep like a business man appreciates and a 40" flat screen in the room. Victoria met me at the front desk and was so nice and accommodating after a long drive.

Room Tip: ask for a second floor on the inside
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
dublin, ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I have previously had positive experiences with other Courtyards but my experience here was negative. The facility is older, not very clean, and service was poor. My wife is handicapped so I booked two rooms (one for her caregiver) for two nights to be adjacent with one being a handicap accessible with king bed. We arrived at bedtime to be told no king bed until I complained that I had a guaranteed special needs reservation. Then, I was given a king room that was not handicap accessible which I rejected. Then I was given a double but the caregiver's room was not even a few doors away but across the facility. I was promised adjacent rooms for the next night but the next day was told that room was booked. When I complained, the front desk clerk nonchalantly offered me a free beer as recompense. Overall, a terrible experience for $700+. Anyone who gives this place a 4 or 5 rating must be used to dumps. I'll never stay there again.

Room Tip: don't use the 800# for reservations. Apparently their computers and the property computer don...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

This was a great place to stay, I cannot say enough about the friendly employees.

The rooms were clean and very spacious. The basics were great the bed was big and comfortable and the pillows were GREAT. My husband and I also enjoyed the amenities such as free internet, a huge HD TV, a mini fridge, and microwave.

The furnishings were also practical. The common areas very contemporary and they were kept very clean.

The only negative about the hotel was that there was a bad smell in the halls the night we stayed. The smell did not enter the room. The room smelled clean and fresh.

Would stay here again and would recommend this to a friend.

Room Tip: get a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

The hotel is okay. I was in town for business, but working overnight. During check in I asked the front desk for a the quietest room they had, as I would be sleeping during the daytime. She suggested the second floor, but warned me of no elevator. The elevator really isn't an issue, for a normal healthy person. It is only about 14 steps!. She did offer to have someone help with my bag, which I declined.
The room itself was decent. I had two queen beds. There is a desk and another small table on wheels. I used that to store my groceries on, as I was there for almost two weeks. There is a frig and microwave in the room.
Because I was sleeping during the day, I had the do not disturb on my door everyday and for the most part it was fairly quiet except for barking dog on the first morning. A fellow employee was staying there as well and though he had his do not disturb on the door, housekeeping walked in his room twice in the same day. I suggested the safety latch, and the next day they tried entering again with the do not disturb. I don't know what the confusion was for his room, if they thought it was supposed to be vacant but he wasn't happy about it.
Because of the daytime sleeping, it was difficult to get normal daily trash pickup and towel service. I did ask the front desk to just switch the towels out for me, but they dropped off new ones but didn't pick up the old ones. I bagged my own trash and just left it outside the door in the morning, which seemed to work just fine.
The lobby was very nice, with couches and chairs for lounging. My rate included breakfast, but because of the night time hours I never tried it. There is a washing machine and dryer on site, which cost $1 each and they cycle time was fairly short.
There is an outdoor pool, which looked nice, but it was a little too cool to test it out. The hot tub was ok, but weak jets. It seemed fairly clean and did not smell overly chlorinated.
The Courtyard is in a good location, with many restaurants, grocery stores, and gas stations very close by.

Overall I was satisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator, so take the first floor if that is an issue for you
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Its an older Courtyard that has been updated. its two levels and no elevator. The rooms are on the small side but overall its not bad

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Augusta? Share your experiences!