“Wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jameson Suites Augusta

You added Jameson Suites Augusta to your Saves list
Jameson Suites Augusta
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1062 Claussen Road, Augusta, GA 30907 (Formerly Amerisuites)   |
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We have stayed in several hotels since our son is at AIT training at Fort Gordon. This has been the best hotel by far!! Being further from the base it was not as run down as some of the others we have stayed at. It was very clean, the staff was always helpful from getting us extra towels to directions to local attractions! The pool is small but we never even got in it we were so busy!! The only negative was we could hear the freeway traffic from the trucks. It was not that loud and once asleep it never bothered us!! I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

My first piece of advice is before booking this hotel, be sure to ask if they will be hosting any large groups. On the first night of our stay there were two very large groups who let their children run amok in the hotel. In the evening, it was difficult to use the computers (they were playing video games) and kids prank-called our room late at night. Not the hotel's fault, but certainly not the place you want to stay.

The power source went out in our room overnight and the freezer started leaking water. I expressed our disappointment about the noise and the room to the manager and she upgraded us to a slightly bigger room. The next day, most of the rabble-rousers were gone and we slept in peace.

The hotel lobby was not particularly clean and the hotel overall is starting to show definite signs of wear. Our room was a nice size but had a funny food smell from the previous occupants.

The fitness center had a few cardio machines, only one in working order and did not have free weights.

The morning breakfast was ok. Their warm food was usually room temperature, but the waffles were pretty good. They also offered a couple of cereals for kids and packaged muffins and bagels.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

My only gripe about my stay here was that it was't longer. This place is awesome. I stay at many Jameson Inn's throughout my travels but I have to say this Jameson Suites is the nicest and most modern one i've ever stayed at. The rooms are huge and very contemporary with a full size fridge/freezer and a flat screen tv on the wall. The beds are comfortable and the fold out couch is nice. There is enough work space for 3 or 4 people. The weight room is better than most places i've stayed and the entire staff including the GM, Mark, were extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. Just a very, very pleasant experience all the around. A real jewel of a place!

Lee Evans-Birmingham Alabama

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Olive Branch, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

My family and I stayed here for two nights and found the staff extremely friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was one of the better that I have had. The suite was spacious, but as usual the bathroom was rather small ( I think they all are now).

We had a full size fridge and a small microwave. They came in handy for our snacks and drinks.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Oceanside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

i agree with one review and that is about Kelvin. His performance as a front desk person is totally awesome! I had many questions about the area and the hotel and although very busy with other phone calls he would receive, he still took the time to answer all my questions. The breakfast I liked but the cleaniness of the area was left to be questioned. The pool is not heated but on a warm augusta day, it is well worth the coolness of the water.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Kelvin is a great asset to this establishment. His knowledge and his personality exemplifies nothing but professionalism the best customer service ever. He treats everyone like family. The manager Mark also deserves to be recognized for his wonderful hospitality and great customer service. I had an issue about my room and Mark did not hesitate to rectify it. I was so elated to see the end results.The rooms are clean,cozy and comfortable. The continental breakfast was excellent. I am going to recommend all of my family and all of my friends to stay at this establishment.

• Stayed June 2010
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We just moved to the area and stayed at Jameson while looking for a home. We stayed with our 2 1/2 yr old twins and a small dog. I was happy with the pet policy, as it was NOT required that we take the dog with us each time we leave the room - we've had to do that at other hotels before.
My only complaint is that the rooms are not "true" suites. The bedroom area and living area are separated by a half-wall, meaning you can't just close the bedroom door - which made it difficult for us to put our kids to sleep, since we had to turn out lights and stay quiet until they were asleep (and by then we were usually asleep too!). But I can't really complain about this because I knew the room layout before we made the reservation.
I was a little disappointed (though not surprised) that the laundry facilities were not free ($1.75 per wash and per dry), but I was thankful to have the convenience on location.
The breakfast spread was great, there were hot and cold options, and my girls loved the freshly made waffles!
Everyone on the staff was so friendly and helpful, and even helped me out with some faxing I needed done.
Location is very convenient, right next to major highways and just down the street from Washington Road, which has a plethora of shops and restaurants.
We were on the top floor facing the back, so we had no issues with noise or light - except for the garbage trucks that were throwing around those trash bins at a fairly early hour on one or two occasions.
The wireless internet access was flawless in our room, which was so helpful! I hate staying places where you have to sit in the lobby to get a connection.

Overall, we were all very happy with our stay, would definitely recommend to friends!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Jameson Suites Augusta? Share your experiences!