“Change to my 1st review.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jameson Suites Augusta

You added Jameson Suites Augusta to your Saves list
Jameson Suites Augusta
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1062 Claussen Road, Augusta, GA 30907 (Formerly Amerisuites)   |
Special Price
CALL DIRECT & SAVE 15%
Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
“Change to my 1st review.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

When I wrote my 1st review I was so happy that the staff treated me like a human being that I wrote my review in haste. I will still stay here again best hotel staff I have ever encountered. I have just discovered one issue. The bathroom is small, outdated, and dark. I am on the 2nd floor and not sure if other floors may have been updated, but the bathrooms don't match the updates in the rest of the hotel. Cleanliness is still good no complaints. Staff is the best. Also I commented on the wonderful customer service of the clerk when I checked in. I stated his name was Jeremy but it mayin fact be Joseph. He has awesome people skills.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Changed hotels due to issues at the other hotel. This hotel is great. Staff was awesome at check in. Jeremy at the desk was very polite and helpful. Rooms are clean, quite, spacious. Don't really have any complaints. Great value.

• Stayed September 2012
JSAugusta, Manager at Jameson Suites Augusta, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Hiya Shellbug1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share comments about your stay. I know that there are several other hotels to choose from, so we are deeply grateful that you gave us a try.
Now that you are family we look forward to seeing you again!

See you soon,
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed @ the Jameson the weekend of July 28, very pleased. The rooms were nice & clean. The staff was very friendly & helpful. We took a friend with us & she was equally pleased with her room. The free breakfast was great & had enough variety for all of us. The bed was comfortable & we had no problems. We go to Evans fairly frequently & we would gladly stay here again anytime. My parents stayed here the weekend of August 18 & they also were pleased with their experience. The location of the hotel is easy to find & there are quite a few choices for eating places within a short driving distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hi NavyWifeFlorida!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are very pleased that not only you guys found your stay to be clean and comfortable, but that several other family members and friends did as well. That is just a testament to what we are striving to do here on a daily basis for each and every guest that crosses our path.
I'm sure we will see you again sometime and we DEFINITELY look forward to it.

:) :) :),

Hephzibah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our night at jameson was excellent. The room was perfect. Very spacious. The breakfast was more than enought. A lot of choices to choose from. I will be back again an recommand it someelse. Nice choice right here in Augusta, GA!!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for spacious at a good price, this is the place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JSAugusta, Manager at Jameson Suites Augusta, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Hi Connie N,

Thank you for your kind feedback! There are several hotels to choose from in this area, so we thank you for choosing to stay with us. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful stay and we are happy that you did!

Thank you and please visit us again soon,

newton NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I were in Augusta on August 3, 2012 to attend an event in Evans Ga. Our criteria for a hotel was soft beds and good customer service. After calling the national toll free number and speaking to the customer service representative we were assured that the "DREAMIUM PILLOWTOP beds were the some of the softest in the industry".

We felt very confident booking this hotel for a 1 nite stay . After having cervical fusion surgery in 2009 and with 2 plates and 6 screws in my neck I am very careful in booking hotels .A soft comfortable bed is top priority. Upon arrival to the hotel, the front desk personnel could not have been more accommodating and were as friendly as one would expect.

We proceeded to our assigned room which was clean, cool and large. The shock came after we sat on the beds which were as hard as concrete. I havent had a bed this hard at a Red Roof Inn.

We went to the front desk to see if there was another room with a bed more comfortable and tried several more rooms which resulted in concrete hard beds.

In closing : This hotel is top notch except for the beds.. The pillowtop "Dreamium beds" are a fallacy meant for advertising. If you are used to the Hilton, Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn type of bed, do not fall for this Dreamium Bed BS... They are like concrete. Go somewhere else cheaper and you will get a better nights sleep trust me !!!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay at a place that false advertises a pillow top bed. That is BS
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JSAugusta, Manager at Jameson Suites Augusta, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Hello bfarmer493,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. Your comments will help us to better ourselves in areas where we may not have known there were any deficiencies.
I am very sorry that you did not find our dreamium pillowtop beds to be comfortable. I realize with a surgery of that magnitude that it would be a top priority to have a comfortable bed no matter where you lodge. I am pleased that you did find the rooms clean, cool and large however. We pride ourselves on having the friendliest associates and the cleanest rooms and we are glad that we succeeded in that area.
Perhaps in the future you will stay with us again when you are in this area. We would love the opportunity to regain your confidence in our brand from the basics to the beds.

Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Fifteen miles away on a Saturday, I called for reservations that night. I was told they had a room and to come in. The young man at the desk was very pleasant and asked us the correct questions to make sure we had the right room for us. The staff was friendly and helpful in recommending restaurants closeby. I was so pleased with the room and staff that I wish they had a Jameson Suites in Arlington, Texas, where I often stay for a week. I have no hesitation recommending it to others.

Room Tip: Stop here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Jameson Suites Augusta, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Well hello JoanBourdreaux!

I am so glad that you chose to stay with us on that Saturday night. Our desk clerks make it their business to make sure you are accomodated at the highest possible level of comfort when you stay. I am glad that we were able to help in finding great dining for you as well.
Unfortunately we do not have any Jamesons' at all in the state of Texas; however, we do have sister properties that are great. Visit jamesoninns.com and there you will find a link for crestwoodsuites.com or sunsuites.com where you can select locations by state. I am sure you'll find your experience at any of our hotels to be pleasant and you'll want to return again.
We hope you will visit us here in Augusta GA again real soon!
Take Care,
Jasper, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We carried a large group of teens and chaperones for a church trip. The rooms were plenty spacious and well-maintained. There is also plenty of space for "congregating" in the lobby, breakfast area, and Augusta Room. And all has a modern vibe while remaining comfortable.

I was most amazed by the hot water in the showers. Despite almost everyone (up to 100 people) showering at similar times, I never ran out of hot water. In fact, it's almost too easy to get the water too hot.

Daily hot breakfast is substantial. Kitchen staff did an excellent job replenishing the food each morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Jameson Suites Augusta, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hi Joey S,

Thank you so much for your comments on the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed being the host hotel for your missions group this year.
I am glad you found the accomodations pleasing. It can sometimes be difficult to maintain breakfast when it is extremely busy; however we succeeded and we thank you for letting us know.
Our maintenance staff works very hard to ensure that hot water and other things of a mechanical nature are readily available to all of our guests. Thank you for letting us know that the group was well taken care of in that aspect as well.
Whenever your travels bring you back to the Augusta area, please look us up as we would love to have you again. If it will be in another area please visit our website at jamesoninns.com and select one of our hotels from there. I am certain any of our properties would enjoy having you stay.

Thank you again and God bless you all,
The Jameson Suites Staff

Been to Jameson Suites Augusta? Share your experiences!