“Honest posting.....only one issue” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25% Book Early
Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Honest posting.....only one issue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I post for every trip that I take and I type it honest.
The hotel was very nice. Very upscale. Very modern, Very classy. Lovely fireplace in the lobby. 24 hour mini snack shop. Decent amount of parking. We never had time to use the fitness center or indoor pool but we did briely stop by and look at those areas and they both looked really nice. Large room with a king size bed and fluffy pillows. Micro/frig, coffee pot, Neutrogena products in the bathrooms that smell lovely, excellent a/c, express check out, and over all very clean.
Our only issue was with check in. Check in begins at 3pm and check out is 12pm. We arrived at 1:30 and was hoping our room was available but we were told that it was not ready to come back at 3pm. A guest is a guest and everyone should be treated the same regardless of what they are driving or wearing but we felt that we were being treated differently after we watched several people that arrived right before us and right after us check in immediately with out an issues. We did not have on expensive clothing, jewerly, and we did not have expensive luggage with us but those that were able to check in at that time did and you could tell they were not average but upper class. We left and returned at 3:30pm and we were advised that our room was still not ready even though we were advised earlier to return at check in time at 3pm and our room would defintely be ready. We were made to feel like we were not wanted at this establishment. I reserved a king bed and we were then offered a queen and a double or we would have to wait about 35 additional minutes until our room was ready. We discussed a suite and I told her that was fine as long as it was the same price as the original room but she advised no that it would be a higher price. A king room that was clean and ready was then discovered and we checked in with no further issues. This clerk was polite and helpful and we had no issues with her. The clerk that we talked with when we tried to check in at 1:30pm was not so polite. All other staff at the hotel during our stay were very friendly and always spoke when you passed them in the hallway or elevator. A fire alarm went off at 9:30am the next morning as we were leaving but that is no fault of the hotel. The fire department arrived with in a few minutes. The hotel is right off I-20 and Washington Road with easy access. Traffic can be heavy at times but with the assistance of a traffic light near the hotel it was ok. I liked this hotel and would stay again if necessary. Maybe next time I will wear all my diamonds, we will drive the porsche, husband will wear his rolex, and we will make sure to wear more proper clothing instead of being comfortable for our travels. To the hotel staff and management.....a good thing to remember is you never know who your guest really is and you need to treat everyone equally.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

We stayed here just one night on the way to see family. The room rates are good and the hotel itself is newer, just 2 or 3 years old. Everything was clean and showed no signs of wear and tear. The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast service was nice.

The only problems we had were with the air conditioning in the room and the pool. Even though it's winter the room was a bit stuffy and hot, so we turned the air down to 66. It never really did cool off, and when we woke the next day, the thermostat somehow turned back to 68. Weird. Hilton Garden Inn goes to great lengths to advertise their comfort select beds and luxury linens, but the temperature of the room was a problem, making it very hard to sleep and get comfy.
After breakfast we tried to use the pool and hot tub but the staff over chlorinated the jacuzzi so much, the fumes were burning our eyes and nose. We couldn't enjoy it at all so we got into the pool, which was also a bit over chlorinated,
Overall, a nice hotel, and a good value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Grandville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

Perhaps the best hotel that I have stayed at in Augusta. Very clean and nice ammenities. Nice pool, hot tub, and work out room. Food was good, breakfast was excellent. One issue with an employee in the restaurant, not resolved by the Manger as I guess she was leaving in a few days, thought he should have delt with that but it was not going to ruin an otherwise good stay. Would recomend as best hotel in the price range.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

They wouldn't even change our room or credit us anything for the inconvenience, only provided a can of Hot Shot...I was truly dissappointed that inspite everything else about the hotel was lovely, that management did not find the ant infestation to be a big concern.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

I cannot say enough good about this hotel! It is one of the nicest places I've stayed and a tremendous value for the business traveler. They have the most amazing staff - ever! From the front desk to the bartender/cook, the staff go out of their way to make sure you're having a great stay. My room was the perfect size with a comfy "firmness-adjustable" bed and a big sparkling-clean bathroom. The room came with a mini fridge and microwave too, no extra charge. Did I mention the flatscreen TV and the flawless wifi connection? I also used the fitness center - it didn't smell like a fitness center (if you frequent hotel gyms, you know what I mean) and had brand new equipment. If you decide to stay here, make time for a drink at the bar and a slice of the double chocolate cake - you'll be glad you did. Kudos to the HGI Augusta and thanks for making a grumpy overtired NYer have a few nights of southern hospitality at its best!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Actually we weren't in Augusta for leisure or business. My daughter was having surgery at Children's Hospital at Medical College of GA. My family and I stayed there from a Monday to a Friday. Our room was spotless when we checked in and was kept clean even with our hectic in-and-out schedule between the hotel and the hospital. We stayed on the second floor and the housekeepers on that floor practically adopted us. They were so attentive and concerned for my daughter and even bought her a gift. They helped me find a wonderful pharmacy. They were so kind and helpful. When my daughter was being released from the hospital, her doctor asked us where we had stayed that week. A pharmaceutical saleswoman in his office happened to overhear me say that we had stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and she said that it was the only place she would stay when she was in Augusta. It's convenient to MCG, lots of restaurants, Augusta National, grocery stores, etc. I cannot sing the praises of this hotel enough.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

As the previous review mention, this is a very clean, nice new hotel in a sea of older hotels. The lobby is very nice, check in was friendy and efficient. Rooms are nice, clean and the bed is great.

My only complaint is that the hotel is in the middle of a construction zone, both on I-20 and the surrounding property. I-20 is a complete nightmare to get on to in this area and the road that the hotel is on (Steven's Creek) is a detour to get onto I-20W. If you get a room with an even number, it is very likely that your room will be on the side of that detour and it gets very noisy. I have to move after the first night after the cars and truck noise increased about 5AM. Again the staff was very nice and accomodiating when I asked to move rooms (they didn't seem surprised).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Augusta GA? Share your experiences!