“Great hotel - great location.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% Book Early
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great hotel - great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as friends were competing at a ballroom dance competition in Augusta. We saved about $80 by staying at the Hilton Garden Inn instead, and it was worth the 15 minute drive into downtown Augusta. The hotel front desk was very friendly. We used the federal govt rate and they copied my ID. My Hilton Honor requests were met, and I was welcomed as a Hilton member.

The hotel was clean as was the room. After the last post re: this hotel I was a little nervous. As an ex-maid I am very particular about where I stay and the cleaniless of the room, and this room met my expectations. I looked everywhere for trouble, and I couldn't find any. The bed was comfortable - as always - and having a small refrigerator was very helpful.

I will note that the doors to the rooms are heavy - probably to help with noise but they do close very loudly. Nonetheless, the rooms are fairly quiet - the hollering teenagers at the end of the hallway was a problem but no fault of the hotel.

The hotel is near several restaurants and on what seems to be a main road in Augusta. Getting into downtown was simple, and we were glad that we chose to stay here.

I highly recommend the hotel and would stay here again if I return to Augusta.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Not to mention that they had a bunch of kids drinking and loud in a room on the same floor. i was kept up for hours . I called the front desk they did not stop until after midnight. Next time I'll stay across the street.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
GM1065, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
I am sorry to hear that you feel like I didn't have time to talk to you. I spoke to you personally during your stay and called you after you checked out. We respect and value our guests and that is why I came right out and called you immediately when I heard you were having a problem. Our security did go up the floor when you called to address the problem with the loud guests and you said it stopped when the security went to the floor. The bugs you spoke of were lady bugs and we did all we could do to try and correct the problem even though you would not let anyone in your room. We want every guest to have a great expereince when staying at the HGI Augusta. I am sorry that was not your expereince and I wish to make this up to you during your next visit to Augusta.
Kat Johnson
Hilton Garden Inn
Augusta Georgia
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Outstandingly pleasant staff. On premise restaurant was quite good, very generous pour with the house Merlot. Convenient location. My room was spotless and quiet. Water waiting for me in the fridge. Two treadmills with TVs, 1 elliptical, not crowded. Inside pool. I stayed in a suite.... typically I like the extra room, sitting on a couch instead of sprawled on the bed... but the suite in this hotel is just a windowless big closet sized room attached to the regular room with a pull out couch and TV. Perfect if you want to bunk the kids in there and shut the door, but otherwise don't bother.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Nice place right on the flint river. Great service, amenities, and location. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

The Hilton Garden Inn in Augusta is a very nice and well kept property. The hotel has a nice restaurant, lobby seating area and lobby bar. The front desk personnel are adequate, not really friendly, but professional. The service personnel in the restaurant and bar are very friendly. The lobby seating area has plenty of room and a fireplace which I am sure is nece during the winter time. The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. There are several restaurants and a Starbucks located very close by, and some shopping is available. II didn't go there, but there is a mall about 2.5 miles away from this hotel. This hotel is located in an area with 4 other hotels, and next door to the Sheraton. I would recommend this hotel as a cheeper alternative to the Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Copperas Cove, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

This is an awesome hotel! I love the decor of the lobby and the layout and its open feel. The front desk staff was exceptionally great! I must give a "cudos" to Tanya, front desk agent! She was always willing and able to assist me with every question that I had and her patience was superb! I will certainly return to this friendly and awesome hotel, upon my return for business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I post for every trip that I take and I type it honest.
The hotel was very nice. Very upscale. Very modern, Very classy. Lovely fireplace in the lobby. 24 hour mini snack shop. Decent amount of parking. We never had time to use the fitness center or indoor pool but we did briely stop by and look at those areas and they both looked really nice. Large room with a king size bed and fluffy pillows. Micro/frig, coffee pot, Neutrogena products in the bathrooms that smell lovely, excellent a/c, express check out, and over all very clean.
Our only issue was with check in. Check in begins at 3pm and check out is 12pm. We arrived at 1:30 and was hoping our room was available but we were told that it was not ready to come back at 3pm. A guest is a guest and everyone should be treated the same regardless of what they are driving or wearing but we felt that we were being treated differently after we watched several people that arrived right before us and right after us check in immediately with out an issues. We did not have on expensive clothing, jewerly, and we did not have expensive luggage with us but those that were able to check in at that time did and you could tell they were not average but upper class. We left and returned at 3:30pm and we were advised that our room was still not ready even though we were advised earlier to return at check in time at 3pm and our room would defintely be ready. We were made to feel like we were not wanted at this establishment. I reserved a king bed and we were then offered a queen and a double or we would have to wait about 35 additional minutes until our room was ready. We discussed a suite and I told her that was fine as long as it was the same price as the original room but she advised no that it would be a higher price. A king room that was clean and ready was then discovered and we checked in with no further issues. This clerk was polite and helpful and we had no issues with her. The clerk that we talked with when we tried to check in at 1:30pm was not so polite. All other staff at the hotel during our stay were very friendly and always spoke when you passed them in the hallway or elevator. A fire alarm went off at 9:30am the next morning as we were leaving but that is no fault of the hotel. The fire department arrived with in a few minutes. The hotel is right off I-20 and Washington Road with easy access. Traffic can be heavy at times but with the assistance of a traffic light near the hotel it was ok. I liked this hotel and would stay again if necessary. Maybe next time I will wear all my diamonds, we will drive the porsche, husband will wear his rolex, and we will make sure to wear more proper clothing instead of being comfortable for our travels. To the hotel staff and management.....a good thing to remember is you never know who your guest really is and you need to treat everyone equally.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family