“A favorite place for dinner, but brunch needs work.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bee's Knees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 418 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Tapas, International, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad St.
Augusta, Georgia
“A favorite place for dinner, but brunch needs work.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I have been to Bee's Knees a few times for dinner and we've always left happy. I'm very familiar with tapas and though it's a bit different here, I like their take on it. Their beverage selections are great and the ambiance of the restaurant is also very nice. We decided to go for brunch recently and it was disappointing. I left feeling like it would have been better if we cooked at home. I wish they paid more attention to their brunch menu (taste, presentation, choices) because it doesn't reflect how good they are during dinner.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Media, Pennsylvania
“Great meal, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

A colleague and I ate dinner there this evening. We're in Aiken, SC for the week on business and local coworkers suggested this place. Between us, we tried the house salad, the smoked gouda nachos, the veggie egg rolls and the hand-cut fries with dipping sauces. Everything was nicely prepared and tasted very good. Service was excellent-- our server was very knowledgeable and her recommendations were spot on. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Augusta, Georgia
“One of our favorite spots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We love the Bee's Knees and have gone there ever since they opened. The atmosphere is casual, though the service and food is anything but. We've tried most everything on the menu. I like the nachos, the calamari, the stir fired shrimp and vegetables, and the crab cakes. My wife loves the avocado chop-chop, the soups, and when they have it, the grouper. We like to go on Thursday nights when all their signature cocktails are specially priced or Saturday nights when their martinis are on special. Of course on Sundays, all of the different drink specials are available and Sunday night they always have chicken and waffles. You better get there early, though, as they always sell out. Yes, they're that good!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“Very interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a large group to eat there. While it did take forever to get a table, we hung out at the bar while waiting. Once we finally got a seat, we were able to enjoy this delightful place. My only complaint was that I really wanted the Pad Thai that night but they were sold out so I had to settle for the Coconut Curry (which was too spicy for me but still delicious). Nice mix of vegan/non-vegan & tapas.

Visited September 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Tasty, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Wow! How can mashed potatoes taste so good? The citrus-ginger salad was very good too. Nice people, very casual, natural, local food!

• Visited September 2013