“Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when I go to Augusta. The rooms are clean, the rates are fair, and good restaurants are very close. My last stay this past week was exceptional! I had twisted my ankle and slowly approached the check-in counter. Philip checked me in and did everything possible to assist me in being comfortable in my room. I will never forget his kindness and generosity.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Phillip D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Hi Patrick!

Thank you so much for your great review! We love getting feedback from our guests and we're thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We hope the next time you're in Augusta you come and visit us again.

Best Regards,
Phillip Driscoll

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is a clean and comfortable Country Inn & Suites...within walking distance (without having to go on the busy highway) of Red Lobster. Breakfast was so-so. Bold coffee wasn't so much bold as it was bitter. BUT........Barandes is the finest desk clerk we have ever encountered...Ever! Not only was she very friendly she was efficient and had a great sense of humor. She also warned us at check in that there were two goups of high school kids there for a local basketball tournament. That did sound a bit ominous but she then went on to say she would be on duty that night and she would monitor and control the teens. Indeed she did because we didn't hear a single sound all night long!!! In the morning when I told her that she laughed and again entered into friendly banter. Even wanted to know if we would be stopping on our way home from Florida in a couple of weeks (we won't...can't) and said she would have loved to see us again. Now this is a young woman and we are old enough to be her grandparents. The property management should do everything in their power to hold onto Barandes and to reward her for being an ideal employee. We'll send a message directly to the property as well. She should have a fine future in the hospitality industry if she's interested...and she could rise to the top in a hurry! Thanks, Barandes for a memorable experience!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hi there UMichAlum!

We were overjoyed to hear that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable, we value all of our employees here at Country Inn and are always more than happy when we hear that they're making Guests' visits amazing. It's too bad you weren't able to make it back to us on the return trip, however hopefully you'll be able to make it down again soon.

Best regards,
Phillip Driscoll
McCormick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I was impressed by the staff on the desk upon arrival. They were very courteous and professional. The room was superb! The food in the breakfast area as well as the person manning the breakfast area was all great. I left there knowing that when I am in Augusta overnight again, I will always stay at the Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor facing the back lot but it did not matter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
hamlet,nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Feb.16,2012. We were in town for a drs. appointment. The pro's are first of all, the young man who checked us in. He was wonderful. He went out of his way to be helpful, especially giving us lost souls directions. I wish I knew his name, but he was a black young man with braids. He was working around 3:30 pm. Each time we needed his help, he was most cordial to us. Another pro was that the room was clean, in appearance and smell. This is most important to me. The price was comparable to the other places I had called.. The con was that there were children playing in the hall at midnight. My husband had to get up at 5:30 the next morning so we were very disappointed that it was too loud to sleep.. I had seen a little boy in the lobby when we came back back from dinner who asked if we needed help checking in. I think his mom was working. To be fair, I have no idea if he had anything to do with the kids who were so loud. we also heard adults being extremely loud, but the kids were over the top. I would stay there again, because of the kindness of that young man and the cleanliness.

Room Tip: I always ask to see the room before we check in.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
daycare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I recently was there visting with my family for the holiday's I notice that my personal items had been, shall I say moved around from the way I know I left them. This one particular house keeper who's name I manage to get by fooling her into thinking I would give her a good report to managment. She was horrible with a very bad attitude. her appearence was very tacky and unprofessional. I am a supervisor in my state over housekeeping at Staybrige Suites, we always tell our staff to never touch guest items always leave them where ever they are. This person told me that her name was Shantal Bussy she needs to be reprimanded and maybe even trained again. Other than this experience with this house keeper all of my other services were great. I plan on staying at this location again in March and I hope that if this employee is still there I will not have an encounter with her. Thanks for allowing me this space to give my comment.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

The front service was rude and non professional. I informed them at check in about the light not working in the room and their response was non apologetic and non caring for a solution to the problem. The pull out bed sheets were dirty. It was of stains. I also found the toilet paper dispenser to be broken and informed them of this, and once again they were non caring and rude.I went into the fitness room and found someone had spit on the machine. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There are plenty of other nice hotels in the area with good prices.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bethlehem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is our second stay at the Country Inns & Suites at this same Augusta location. The location is great, it's right at I-20, lots of restaurants, shopping and other activities. But the hotel itself is a mess!! I promised myself I wouldn't stay here again, but we did, because I was given a $25.00 gift certificate as compensation for our first bad experience. On this stay I booked a 1 bedroom King Suite thinking it had to be better than just a regular guest room, I was completely wrong. Our room should have cost $106.00 before taxes, but I reserved it with a Super Suite Sale 25% Off , I also used the $25.00 gift certificate, so the room was reduced to $69.23. My check-in was great, the young lady at the from desk was friendly and very pleasant. There was one lady in front of me checking in and a lady behind me, but the clerk kept her smile and soft tone the whole time. She smiles and speaks very well, she explained in detail that my room was not on an upper floor (as requested) because all suites are located on the first floor, hotel breakfast hours, swimming pool hours, internet WIFI connection and everything else necessary for a decent stay. After check-in I took pics of the hallway, it was bright all the lights were on (our first stay the hall was very dark, light blubs were out) the hallway smell was pleasant. The vending machines worked I got a bottled water, a strawberry pop-tart and peanut butter toast cheese crackers. The ice machine worked well. The foyer was clean and decent, the breakfast area was neat and clean. Upon walking into our room the appearance looked okay, the sitting area is the first room you walk into. There's a sofa, wing back chair, a work desk, a corner lamp and a desk lamp, a television table with a flat screen television. There's also a wet-bar with a coffee maker, and disposable coffee cups and condiments. The coffee maker is a mini so you'll only get 3 small cups of coffee. There's also a mini fridge and a mini microwave. The bathroom was decent, plenty of towels, wash cloths and hand towels for 2 people. The room actually sleeps 4, two in the King size bed and 2 on the queen size sofabed, so if you have 4 people with you, you might want to request more towels. The bedroom is separated by a door, the bedroom has king size bed of course, another flat screen television, 2 night stands, 2 lamps, a long dresser and a closet. There's also a closet across for the bathroom door outside of the bedroom. The suite is set up very nice. But here's the complaint. THE ROOM HAS THE WORST ODOR I HAVE EVER SMELLED!!! It smelled like dogs had been pissing in the floor (carpet) for months and it has not been cleaned! IT IS AWFUL!! . ROOM 109! The sofa is stained, it may be urine stains I am not sure, but it is stained and looks bad, I'd dared not sit on it. The carpet is nasty, we never took off our shoes (flip Flops) except for in the bed. The duvet on the bed need to be cleaned. I sprayed it with Lysol. But the smell in that room was so irritating we drove over to Fred's (discount store) and I purchased a can of disinfectant spray and a Glade solid air freshener gels. I sprayed the floor in the entire unit and the air vents and sat the gel freshener on the night stand next to the bed. About an hour later the odor was strong again so I took my perfume bottle opened it up and sprayed perfume every where, it helped for about another hour. THE SMELL WAS JUST HORRID!!. I was tired from traveling into Augusta and from moving all day, we were in Augusta to help get our son settled into his college apartment. But since the smell was getting to an awful strong level again and I wasn't ready for bed so I decided to go for a swim in the indoor heated pool. The pool room closes at 10:00pm and it was about 9:15pm the pool area was nice and warm which made me think the water was warm, it was anything but warm. The pool area was decent the water was fresh. I peaked into the fitness room it was nice with a few workout machines. Upon returning to my room, I took a very long hot shower, the water stayed hot the entire time. When I finally went to bed at about 3:00am I took a hand towel and wrapped it around my nose and mouth and pinned it so I would not have to smell the odor. The next morning my husband had breakfast, he said it was good. He also did his exercise workout in the fitness room, it was nice. At about 10:00am a housekeeper knocked on the door and opened it, never giving us a chance to respond to her knock. She never even saw us, my husband was in the restroom and I was in the bed on my laptop. The door shut and I heard her yell "they still here" At 11:50am a housekeeper came and knocked on the door this time I opened it, she asked me "Are you staying over or checking out" I looked at her and said, leaving, she looked at her watch and said "What time it is" I never responded I just slammed the door in her face with her standing there looking at me. (What time it is?) When I left the room it was 12:15pm. I didn't waste my time with a complaint or even mention the sickening smell of the room to the clerk at the front desk because I have no intentions on ever going back. And with another complaint probably would have come another gift certificate in the mail and I would be tempted to return, but my better senses say, "no way". So upon my departure I just left the key cards in the room and exited the hotel without even stopping at the font desk. I did speak to the young lady who checked me in as I was leaving and she was still smiling. Word of advise from experience, this place is not going to get any better until the tear out and remodel the guest rooms. The thing that really bothers me is this: The housekeepers are suppose to report this type of thing to the management, (I was a housekeeper supervisor at Hilton Hotels) why is it not being handled properly? Is the staff not informing their supervisors of the smells and bugs and conditions of these guest rooms? And if it's being reported why isn't management doing anything about it? Is it because people keep checking in? Stop giving your hard earned money to this establishment and maybe, just maybe, they'll clean their property up.

Room Tip: Room 109 has a view of an over grown weeded field and mounds of dirt. The rooms here are just low gr...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!