“July fourth weekend UNBELIEVABLE!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 21 Attractions in Augusta
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
Aiken, South Carolina
“July fourth weekend UNBELIEVABLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have friends in town for the fourth. We played Applewood, Bartram Trails and Forest Hills last week and Goshen today, July 5th. With the amount of rain the Augusta area has had in the past few weeks EVERYTHING has been really nice. Those of us who play golf are in heaven right now. In all these years I've never played Goshen so when I read the horrible reviews I called the club house (July 4th) to inquire about the condition... I was told "Those reviews are old, we are really great". OK, booked it!
The track (layout of the course) is very nice and the staff (other than being liars) were polite and professional; that's the best I can say. I really hate to write anything bad BUT...
Given the choices we have in the CSRA (8-10 courses with in 30 minutes) I will never go back. We played from the whites and more than once couldn't place a tee, the ground was unkempt and rock hard. Many of the greens are so covered with bare sports that you have to move the ball all around to get a straight shot at the pin. There are areas on the fairways that I don't know how they could be so bad when you consider the weather we've had. Everything should be as close to perfect as possible. The reviews on their web site are quite simply lies.
This place is a joke.

Visited July 2014

“One of the worst”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I course is on terrible shape, when you drive into the course the 1st and 18th course are visible and look OK but the rest of the course need some maintenance done. Some of the greens have fungus on them, hardly no grass on the greens or tee boxes and some of the greens are rock hard ball will bounce up in the air. No cart girl and no drinking water on course. Yea the guy who owns the course is a former PGA golfer who won a major in the 70's

“Do not play here!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Course has a nice layout but is in terrible, I mean terrible condition.
They had the nerve to charge $100 during masters week and didn't say how bad it was.
no cart girl either.
The owner should be ashamed of this condition.

Visited April 2014
“Always a great round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have played the course in the cold, the wet, the dry, the hot and the windy, sometimes all on the same day! However, whatever the weather the course is great. I have played off of the green tees, the white tees and the blue tees, and the course is completely different off of each set, which is amazing. I have not played the Golds, but the same is no doubt true for them. The greens at Goshen are stunning, huge, difficult to read, line and pace are always a challenge. Best golfers course in the area bar Augusta National.

Visited December 2013
20 attraction reviews
“Could be a good place for south Augusta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Husband used to enjoy being a memeber but as the course deteoriated he no longer wanted to spend a day there. I do not know if things are better yet but hope they are much better. Called during the holidays to check on using their dining facility. Never received a response.

Been to Goshen Plantation Golf Club? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Goshen Plantation Golf Club, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.