“Sparse but adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Tar Heel
“Sparse but adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Typical Holiday Inn. Bedding comfortable. TV ok. Overall room was clean but furnishings are cheap and very basic. Staff attentive, restaurant average, bar is a plus. Great location. I'll look for an upgrade to this hotel next time I visit Augusta.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We are currently undergoing minor renovations to update some portions of our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you're in town and please let management know what they can do to make your next stay even better!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent one night here in December. The hotel is conveniently located near a major highway and restaurants. The hotel appears quite new and well maintained. The hotel was reasonably priced. Every employee we encountered was pleasant. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the hotel's breakfast. We don't recall receiving a Priority Club welcome gift but were upgraded to the highest floor. We would recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It is our policy to provide Priority Club members with welcome bags and we apologize that you did not receive yours! We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Augusta.
Oak Island, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A 2-day business trip to Augusta became a pleasant stay. Sparkly clean rooms, courteous staff, easy access to the interstate and near-by restaurants, all add up to a great place to stay. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review! We're incredibly pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again soon. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to let us know :)
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this HI for a total of eight weeks over a three month period due to it being close to where I was working.
The positives - the staff was incredibly friendly, the rooms were clean and always fixed up for me by the time I arrived home.
The only negative I can think about is the nasty, duct-taped curtains. There's no excuse, ever, for a hotel like a HI to use duct tape over their plastic, nasty curtains. All but one of the rooms I stayed in had these. The other negative was the thin walls- being near the elevator is hell as you can hear the thing moving at all hours of the night.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We're pleased to hear that everything was to your liking. As mentioned in previous reviews the curtains are slowly but surely being replaced. We appreciate you baring with us during this transition and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've stayed in a few hotels in the Augusta area....and have been disappointed each time. Until We stayed here. I usually just want a quiet night, hot water and clean towels. This hotel excelled at a nice room, a quiet evening and a great breakfast in the morning. From now on when I'm in Augusta for the night - I'm staying here. I've finally found a nice hotel !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you enjoy our hotel! We strive to please so if there's anything we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know! We look forward to seeing you again :)
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I came to town for a friends 40th birthday party that was given at the hotel. Upon arrival the staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel was extremely clean and I am a clean freak so it exceeded my expectations. I had a king bed, the room was very spacious and cozy. It was right near the interstate so very easy to find, close to shopping centers and restaurants. I heard absolutely no sound in my room from neighbors. The bathtub has zero mildew. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of outlets in the room for my laptop and cellphone and the fact that breakfast did not include juice. You have to pay for the juice. This is one of the few hotels where I felt comfortable walking on the carpet without socks or shoes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We're pleased to hear that everything was satisfying and we hope to see you again next time you're in Augusta.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

First the good - location close to freeway and Ft Gordon, room well cleaned each time that I stay here, Brian at the front desk is friendly, professional, and efficient.

Now the dissapointments: I am in augusta two weeks out of the month and have stayed here several times. I have also stayed at a few other hotels in the area which have free morning breakfast (I have been coming to the city over a year now). I have to be at my destination early in the morning and do not have time to sit for breakfast so at each of the hotels that I have visited I will take my breakfast to go. Imagine my suprise here where I was approached by a worker telling me that I could not take my yogurt, milk, and fruit to go. She said she was told by her boss (who apparently observed me picking it up and instead of speaking to me himself, sent her to do it). I could understand if it were an all you can eat buffet that you can not take food to go, but a light breakfast. Really??? If this were dine in only, it should state that in the advertisement of 'free breakfast'. As a platinum ICH member this absolutely shocked me. Very poor taste, and very poor business. I travel to many cities and have stayed in many ICH brand hotels as well as others offering free breakfast and have NEVER encountered such a policy. This needs to be reviewed and fixed.

Negative #2, has been mentioned in other posts. This hotel DEFINTIELY needs to invest in new black out shades. I have been in 4 different rooms during my stays here. In each room the shades have had large holes/tears. Its the little things...

Room Tip: choose a room ending in 00 or 32. they are a little larger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! I sincerely apologize for the issues that you faced during your last stay. Management has been made aware of your breakfast issue and it will be addressed immediately. We are also working on getting all of the black out shades replaced. Thank you again for staying with us and please let us know if there is anything you need during your next stay!