“Good value for price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2562 Center West Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909-2165 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Lafayette, California
“Good value for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Someone has definitely trained them well to be friendly and keep things lively. It's also clean and the breakfast is pretty good. Well located for the Washington Rd commercial district and close to Augusta National.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
purohitholdings, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Don't forget to stop back by and visit us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reidsville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We checked in with no problems as we had a reservation for a room, non smoking king bed. Nice room however you could smell that it was definitely a smoking room. I called back to the front desk and asked why there would be ash trays in a no smoking room.... I checked my confirmation and indeed it also said non smoking. Got our stuff together and back to the front desk. Monique was pleasant and apologetic. She offered another room and I asked for an upgraded for the inconvenience caused. We got a wonderful King bed suite. very nice. A good sleep and very quiet. Breakfast was good and I was offered a tray to carry it back up to the room.

Room Tip: I unfortunately booked through expedia and thus wasn't eligible for the Best Western Rewards poi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Very pleased we were able to make things right for you before departing! Please stop by next time you are in Augusta!
augusta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our over all stay was very cpmfertable and we enjoyed the hotel very much. They offer hot breakfast ,pan cakes and Eggs,The staff is very friendly.Very nice clean room.Very close to interstate. This hotel has very good security and nice lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Personnel at front desk and lobby area very welcoming; every one asked if they could be helpful when I was unloading the car when arriving and when loading from my room when departing. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Thank You Mr. Chunka,

It is always a pleasure to see you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The bedside table was sticky where it was apparently overlooked when cleaning. The bathroom was short one washcloth but quickly remedied by delivery by an employee. The room seemed a rather dark although all lights worked properly and were turned on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Ballwin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was the best experience I ever had at a hotel. The staff made us feel welcome and all of them were extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and nicely furnished and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was also very good. If I ever visit Augusta again, I'll definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am a frequent business traveler, and am on the road up to 30 times a year. This is the worst lodging experience that I have ever had. Perhaps the biggest problem with the hotel was the staff members, as the ones that I encountered were disrespectful and clearly unwilling to do their jobs.

Due to my expected one-week stay, I had 3 basic requests: a non- smoking room, a refrigerator, and a microwave--shouldn't be a big deal, as their website listed these as basic amenities. However, the room they placed me in did not have a microwave. No big deal, I just returned to the front desk and asked for one. Brenda sighed, frowned, and told me that it would be complicated because she did not know which rooms had a microwave. While she discussed this issue with another coworker, I stepped outside to get the rest of my luggage. When I returned, Brenda had her coat on and was leaving and her coworker introduced herself to me by saying, "we will not be able to get you a microwave." I asked to be moved to be moved to a room with a microwave, or to have one brought to my room. The coworker crisply informed me that she did not know which rooms had a microwave, and that she was certainly not going to go look to find out. Clearly this clerk was not interested in helping me, so I asked to speak to the manager. Turns out this clerk--Monique--WAS in fact, the manager!

Not a good sign. And in fact, things got progressively worse, with Monique threatening to call the police--claiming that my request for a microwave was designed to intimidate her. She refused to properly identify herself. When I asked how she spelled "Monique," she said, "You can spell it however you want." When I asked for her last name,she flatly refused to provide it.

I gave up and went next door to the Country Inn and Suites, where I had perfect stay with no problem. When I called Best Western to report this, they said there was nothing they could do about it.

Fast-forward a week. Believe it or not, I received a bill from Monique at the Best Western.
Do not believe for a second that this was an accident, because my room had been booked and paid for in advance by my company, meaning that Best Western had to manually enter my credit-card information to bill me.

If Best Western does not care enough to police this kind of behavior, I felt that maybe one or two people would read this review and be spared the type of experience that I had.

If you are considering Best Western, why not go next door to the County Inn and Suites.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business