“Nice Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2562 Center West Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909-2165 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Holiday Savings Special
Ranked #20 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Nice Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Okay, I must confess that my hotel of choice is Best Western. I will seek out a best Western Hotel where ever I take a vacation.

My husband and I took a weekend trip to Augusta, GA over the Memorial Day weekend. This wa our first trip to Augusta, even though we lived in Georgia for over 10 years. We have not missed much! The city was dead, we were expecting some activities for the weekend. We only enjoyed the trip because we stayed at a Best Western Hotel, where the hospitality is always great.

We really appreciated the help and courtesy of Brenda, at the front desk. Brenda was very welcoming , friendly and yet professional. Shame about Augusta, because there was hardly anything of much interest. We spent a better part of the trip at the Hotel.

Again, Best Western you have my seal of approval and I will continue to stay at your hotel. and also recommend family and friends.

The only downside of this hotel was that the rooms at the back of the hotel were in close proximity to a rundown motel, and if your blinds were not drawn, they can see into your room.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fairhope,AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I thought I had prepared myself for a comfortable stay when I checked into the reviews I saw on this hotel. I was a bit surprised when we drove up to the Garden City Inn and found 4 other hotels sharing the same parking lot. It was difficult to know where to park. Our room was on the 2nd floor, where the air conditioning was not on in the hallway. Quite a treat during hot summer temps!
The room was comfortable and clean enough for our 1 night there. Continental breakfast was included and we chose waffles, as they were the best item offered. After removing our waffles from the cooking iron we found no forks. The attendant at the front desk who was also handling breakfast said that there were no forks. She did leave here phone conversation to come over to the breakfast bar to tell us, then returned to the phone. She was still talking when we left, after eating our waffles with a spoon-which is not an easy thing to do.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Yeah, there's new carpeting. The carpet dudes had all their stuff spread out in the porte cochere AND all over the second floor, coming very close to tripping the guests. I checked in at 2, hoping to take a nap (killer headache) but the noise of carpet layers prevented that. (They did do a good job, though...it looks great)

My room was decently clean, but it was certainly NOT the room I booked. I reserved a King/Handicapped room back in early May. Upon entering my room, I was dismayed to see a "short" toilet and no grab bars anywhere. The front desk woman didn't seem to think it was a problem: "All the handicapped rooms are occupied" - funny, I checked throughout the evening, I was the only one parked in a handicapped parking spot.

It's a good thing I'm not in a wheelchair, or I'd have just gone somewhere else...which, actually, is what I should've done anyway.

When checking out, Evelyn said if she had been on duty "last night," she'd have tossed somebody else out of the H'capped room and given it to me. Good for me, but I don't think the folks in the room would've been too happy. No matter what, somebody's gonna be angry. This time, it's me.

Room Tip: Call a day ahead to make sure you're getting the room you think you booked.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011 via mobile

We stopped here on the way through Georgia on vacation & booked their last two rooms. My husband and I stayed in the king jacuzzi suite. Usually, I don't feel the bathtubs are clean enough go take a bath at a hotel but this room was spotless. It smelled clean! Not the musty smell of a lot of hotels. The entire room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast wasn't exceptional; just a regular Danish & cereal continental breakfast. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I book hotel rooms for myself, my sales staff frequently all over the US for meetings, I hade to take time to review Best Western Hotel - great rooms and great service! I have to say, it really was their people who made the experience a really great one for my team and for me - so thank you...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed here on a trip passing through Augusta a few weeks ago. I was very pleased with the quality of the hotel, especially for the money. The staff were very friendly and helpful. And the room was clean, which is very important to me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Traveling to Augusta is an annual event for me and I have stayed almost everywhere. I can tell you that the Best Western is a superior hotel with great service. Of course, it is also very close to a famous golf course in Augusta which is also a big plus. The people are great and it is always a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Augusta/Garden City? Share your experiences!