“Great food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Columbia SC
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived for dinner and were quickly seated by the host. Our waiter, Pat, said hello almost immediately and took our drink order. My husband had the She crab soup which was fabulous and came with a shot of sherry (I think) . He also had the shrimp salad which was fresh. I opted for the Shrimp Etoufee and it was nice and spicy. The restaurant decor is interesting and although there's TVs over the bar they're kept at a low volume so they don't intrude on your dining experience. This is a great restaurant with friendly service and if I lived in Augusta I would want to come back often to try other menu items.

Evans, Ga
“Touch of New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good food. Have eaten here for years and the food has remained great. I think that some of their food is better than what I have eaten in New Orleans. The P-boys are great, and the red beans a rice. You can not go wrong with anything to order

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gail B, Owner at French Market Grille, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review! We try to put a little New Orleans into every bite here at French Market Grille. We love our loyal customers and -- as you have been a customer of ours for years -- may I say, I hope you have signed up for our Repeat Rewards program! For every dollar you spend, you get a point towards all sorts of free goodies. Free Birthday Desserts, a free entrée on your anniversary, appetizers, and coupons for $10 off your meal are just a few of the benefits for signing up and adding up points!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not New Orleans, but Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went here after work with a few coworkers, it was very accommodating and the service was good, but the food was average. Really good Oysters, in fact the server had to check to make sure they had some in stock because they ran out the night before. If you have ever lived in Maryland do not get the crab cake, this is not a real jumbo lump crab cake but if you like the breaded cakes it will be just fine for you. A few coworkers got the steak which looked great and they said was tender. It was decent for a visitor if you are looking for good food, but not a chain restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gail B, Owner at French Market Grille, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! Our oysters are extremely popular and demand keeps our shucker on his toes! I'm sorry the crab cake was not to your taste. We pride ourselves on our own "New Orleans twist" on the crab cake. We use premium claw and lump crab meat, bound by a white sauce (with butter, apple brandy, and cream), which we add cornflour to, and a hint of creole spice to heat things up! We then sautee the crab cake to make it crispy and serve it with our house made cajun tartar sauce. It is certainly different from a Maryland style crab cake. That spice will hit you, for one! Again, we thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review FMG. Please visit us again, ..we'll have a juicy steak and an ice cold cajun martini waiting on you!
Florence
“New Orland's food at its best inland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I eat here every time that I come to Augusta. I have never been disappointed in a meal. The food is New Orleans style and food that you cannot get anywhere else. The jumbalya ,gumbo and etoufee are my favorites. They also have a good selection of Louisiana beers. Definitely eat here if you are in Augusta.

Gail B, Owner at French Market Grille, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
May I say, you have excellent taste! :) Gumbo is one of my favorites as well! Personally I think gumbo is such a comfort food, full of meaty spicy goodness! It always hits the spot. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Greenville, SC
“Deserving of every award”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a big group and the staff was incredible. As a raw food vegan I had placed my order in advance and it was perfect. A huge cauldron of the freshest veggies and fruit. So much that I had enough for lunch the next day.

Gail B, Owner at French Market Grille, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to FMG! We love large groups and yours was a pleasure to accommodate. We often have those who have special dietary considerations, such as those with gluten allergies. However, you were the first vegan we have prepared anything for. The chef and our catering manager, Patty, is so pleased that you liked it! Please visit us again anytime! Call ahead and let us know and we will be sure to have a special meal made just for you.