“Is Drinking & Driving really not illegal here?” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Canmore, Canada
“Is Drinking & Driving really not illegal here?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

To be fair, I'm not from Georgia. Perhaps drinking and driving is a normal thing for this area.

I sat at the bar to eat my dinner. The food and service was OK -- not great, not terrible, I wouldn't have taken the time to write a review on that experience alone.

At the end of my meal, a couple approached the bar. They were clearly known to the bartender as he addressed them personally -- not as friends, but as regular customers. It seemed that they were picking up a To Go order. The woman asked the bartender if she could "get a Vodka to go". She tried to whisper it behind her hand, however it was heard clearly. You know when someone drunk is trying to be quiet/subtle? It was like that. The bartender says "I can give you a drink for you to drink fast, and I can give you a To Go up for 'water'". The guest said "Yeah -- that will work." I watched the bartender pour vodka from a bottle into a glass, then place it in front of the guest with an empty styrofoam cup. The make guest poured the entire drink into the cup. The couple left.

I sincerely wanted to believe that MAYBE the woman was driving (although she already seemed drunk with her not-so-subtle whispering). Nope -- the man and woman got into separate vehicles. I watched the van leave the parking lot drinking his vodka, driving a black SUV.

This was worrisome to me. Where I come from, drinking and driving is a major offence. I was stunned that a restaurant employee wouldn't have used better judgement. I called the restaurant to speak with the manager, but he wouldn't take the call EVEN AFTER THE HOST TOLD HIM WHY I WAS CALLING. So I'm left to assume that Macaroni Grill encourages drinking and driving, and therefore I will not be eating at any Macaroni Grill ever again.

Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
Lincolnton, Georgia
“Very good quality, smaller portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tried Lobster Ravioli and it was great. Price was a little high for the size portion, but the server, Chris, was excellent. Would definitely go back and try other items that interested me.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Evans, Georgia
“Enjoyable enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

It was a good place for my friends and I to catch-up for lunch without feeling hurried. My companions thought highly of the chicken and I enjoyed the Fettuccine Alfredo although I was disappointed that it was just warm rather than hot. Our waiter, Richard, was attentive and the hazelnut cappuccino was great!

Evans, Ga
“Went Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This used to be my favorite restaurant in Augusta, but it has gone straight downhill. The service is terrible and the food is only average. We kept trying it over a long period of time, but it always comes out the same. Poor service and not so great food.

Augusta, Georgia
“Good food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have never eaten here, either alone or with family and friends, when I did not recieve great service and food.

A great place to eat! Come on someone's birthday and let the staff know for a great surprise.

Visited July 2012