“Over the top Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Varnville, SC, United States
“Over the top Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our many stays have convinced us that thew staff at this hotel are truly "World Class". From the moment one walks through the door for check-in until time for check-out, the staff makes it perfectly clear that you as their guest are the most important person in "their world".

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful compliment. We do strive to deliver the best stay possible and I am happy to see your experience is alignment with our attitudes and philosophies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

So I expected to see animals gone wild, but either they were all asleep or pets don't travel through the week, because i saw none. It was probably my imagination that when I opened my room door, it sort of smelled like a dog had been there, but Im sure it was because I KNEW it was pet friendly...and in all actuality there might have been... its allowed!
But anyhoo, I ran into a few problems immediately, a malfunction with my TV and a constant beeping noise that I had no idea where it was coming from. That would have earned a lower rating but they have this little sign on the desk that reminds you of the "W" mission, to serve you whenever, whatever....so the sign gives you a number to text for whatever you need, anything it states...so I tried it and was pleasantly surprised to receive a text back right away...literally like 2 seconds. Then after explaining my problem, they texted that they will send someone up. I expected this would take all night, but again...there was a knock at my door in 2 minutes. It was the lady from the front desk and she fixed both problems immediately.
The room is spacious and awesome for a business traveler with all the desk space and outlets everywhere. The only thing I could have asked for is lotion, but otherwise I was happy!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
As hard as we try, we know that everything will not be perfect at all times. What we do stress to each other is: although we cannot prevent every problem we can control how fast we react to it. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our texting service. In this day and age, it seems that most people would rather text than talk so we try to make all communication as easy as possible.
Lansing, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

What a superb experience. From my initial phone call for a reservation with Charmaine to my checkout with Claressa, my six weeks at Home 2 was exceptional. Charmaine even remembered me when I called a second time to ask some follow up questions regarding the hotel's location and amenities. Most impressive! Even before I checked in on 3 January, Dave gave me a tour of the room I would be staying in and the hotel. The entire staff was always friendly and willing to assist in any way they could. The housecleaning staff was impressive. Alva, Alice, Lisa and others were always caring and thorough in their duties. They even took the time to get to know my dog Oliver during the stay and he enjoyed having them visit. Martha Thompson, the housecleaning supervisor, was especially appreciated for her willingness to check in on Oliver while I was at work. She definitely went beyond to ensure my stay was perfect and stress free. The breakfast area was well managed and well stocked even during the snowstorm and subsequent ice storm we experienced in February. I would also like to commend Lauren, Bea, Georgina and all the other wonderful staff members that made my stay seem like home. If I ever have to go to Augusta again for business or pleasure, I know where I want to stay. I have been on extended trips before but none of my experiences compares to what I encountered from the great people at the Augusta Home 2 Suites. Please convey my personal thanks to all. It is a joy to be part of the Hilton Honors Program and I am grateful for the hospitality extended to Oliver and me by the Augusta staff.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

We are all so thankful for the kind words. We all came to know and love Oliver so it was a pleasure to watch after him. It was also a pleasure to get to really know you personally during your stay. Our goal as a team is make everyone feel they way you did about your experience with us.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is the newest hotel in town and is a great stay! The only drawback I can note is the walls, floors,and ceilings are quite thin. I could tell there were kids above me with rolling toys on the floor, barking dogs and the doors shutting or water running through pipes were audible as well. The breakfast was different than most, but healthy and had a good variety. I travel with a service animal, this hotel is 'animal friendly' for those traveling with pets, though not all pet owners are respectful of service animals and I had 2 instances of other guests dogs off their leashes on the floor I was on and these 2 little dogs attacked my 65+ pound American bulldog service animal. That is too bad, and it gives people who NEED to travel with their animals a bad taste and all pet owners who travel with their companions a bad name. I would stay here again, but will request the highest floor for sure!

Room Tip: Get the highest floor if possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for positve review. We do our best to deliver the best possible customer service and product that we can. Just as an FYI that we do not allow pets to be off their leash anywhere on the property. I am sorry you experienced that. When you come back, please notify us if you ever see it again and we will address the situation with the guest immediately. Thanks
Warrenton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Expected as much of Hilton, and did receive. Would recommend the Home2Suites, as a choice, when visiting/working in the area. Though full kitchen is not available, satisfied with "burner top" mad available. Be aware...this is a pet friendly hotel...and should ask IF any floors "not friendly" to animals.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
We like to think of ourselves as the freshest Hilton brand. In regards to the pets we are pet friendly on all floors of the hotel but we do charge a pet fee to the rooms where a pet resides. That fee is not meant to be a money maker but instead it is meant to give us the ability to shampoo all carpets and soft surfaces along with pulling everything out and cleaning everywhere to make sure that there is no possibility of the next guest knowing or noticing that a pet had ever been in that room.
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is a new hotel. Has great amenities for the price. The front outdoor seating is a great added feature. The pool/patio area looks fabulous as well. Workout facility is larger than most and has treadmills, elliptical, a stationary bike as well as weight equipment. Quiet location with easy access to restaurants and shopping. Staff are very attentive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for singing our praises. We are coming around 1 year old but we are trying our best to keep it looking brand new. We look forward to seeing you again.
Guyton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had a reservation to stay one night....the concert I was going to was rescheduled because of the weather in Augusta, Ga....I called the hotel to ask them if they could change my reservation to rescheduled date..... told me they could not.....if I had anyone that I wanted to transfer the reservation to I could but they could not refund or change the date....then when I posted something on FB about this I got and email telling me to call a number to get them to help.....I told them in the email that I had already called and they would not help me so I called my C/C and they will handle and booked my stay at another hotel....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I apologize that you were stuck in this situation. In looking over your reservation i noticed you had a purchased a 100% pre-pay, non-cancellable, non-refundable room. In the future, I would suggest choosing a room rate that does give you more flexibility to make changes as needed. As you did talk to Hilton corporate directly related to your situation, they are aware of how their policy has affected you and hopefully they will take it into consideration during future discussions.

Been to Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA? Share your experiences!