“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Chesapeake, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel - the bed was comfortable, the hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Staff was really helpful/friendly and the pool was also great - with a 3 year old, it was nice to have the shallow end for him. Only issue was the clock in the room - didn't work! Not a huge issue, but couldn't look at it for time/use it to wake up; fortunately we just used our phones. Someone did try and fix it, but it stopped working again about an hour after it was fixed. We were travelling with 2 kids and it worked out fine - no noise issues, nice to have the curtain to separate the king bed from the fold-out for my 3 year old. We didn't use the kitchen except for the fridge, but it was nice to have. Location is also great - lots of restaurants around.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your alarm clock. We will have it replaced immediately. When I first saw the curtain that divided the king bed from the rest of the room I was a little skeptical about its ability to effectively divide the room. However, just like you once I stayed in the hotel myself and tried it out,I found that it did make me feel like I was in a different room. A nice touch. We look forward to having you and your family back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel has everything you need as a business traveler. The rooms are more spacious that the usual hotel and the in-room kitchen with dishes and silverware makes the salesman's take out dinner much nicer. The furniture is set up to easily and COMFORTABLY work in your room. Can see that the room would be great for personal travel, too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Impressing the road warrior is what we are all about. We know that you're probably a member of all the major chain's reward systems and that you see a lot of hotels throughout the course of a year. We hope that you have found a new home when traveling to Augusta. Some place where you can expect great service, an immaculate room and friendly faces who remember you.
Milledgeville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. The problem that my family had was with the check in/out staff. When I made the reservations the gentleman worked very hard to find a great rate for us. He stated that we qualified for the AARP rate of $99.00 per night. When we checked in I wasn't given a copy of my reservation or charges, but I just figured that I would get it at checkout. The second night of the trip I requested a larger room with two televisions. The clerk was happy to do it and stated that our rate would increased by about $23.00. Again this was no problem. At checkout time when the clerk handed me the bill, it stated that I was charged $129.00 per night. I asked her what happened to the $99.00 rate and she said that it never existed. I then stated that if it never existed then why did the clerk that upgraded our room stated that the rate would increase from $99.00 to an extra $23.00. She said that she had no idea and showing no interest at all stated that she would talk to the staff member that made our reservations and find out why he gave us those rates. I have not heard from her since. This wasn't a lot of money, but it was the principle of the matter. At least act like you care.The hotel was beautiful, but this kind of put a damper on the trip for me. I've never made reservations and had this problem to occur. This taught me to always bring along my notes when I make my reservations.

Room Tip: The one bedrooms with the living room, kitchen and two televisions are awesome.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are going to make mistakes, we know that. What matters more is how we respond to those mistakes and the way we responded to this mistake is an unacceptable. I hate to hear that an otherwise good stay was downgraded not because there was a mistake but because we didn't respond appropriately. For that I am sorry and I thank you for letting me know so that I can spend some extra time with the Front Desk staff teaching them the proper way to handle these types of situations.

We hope to see you again.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We truly enjoyed our visit to this hotel. Everything was beautiful, modern and GREEN. What a pleasure. The beds were great and the outdoor sitting area was nice. Even included a small putting green. I enjoyed the kitchen facilities, too. The hotel is very new and the decor is wonderful. I wish there were more of this hotel brand around.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the kind words. I love the fact that you emphasized GREEN hotel. For those of you who do not know about Home2 Suites yet. We are an eco-focused hotel. Our carpets are made out of 90% recycled material. The chairs are 95% recycled material. The pool is saltwater instead of chlorine. Home2 Suites in the leading the way in better building practices that sustain the environment.
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love the Home 2 Suite Hilton brand. The rooms are fresh feeling and very efficient and roomy. The lobby and pool area was very nice and inviting. I will definitely stay here next time I come to town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Brunswick, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the high quality service we received. The hotel was very clean and catered to our needs. The hotel staff were very professional, courteous and thoughtful. Charmaine Stephens was one of the staff members; she exemplified professionalism and thoughtfulness. We were pleased with the appearance of this hotel, the amentities and the staff. And would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Augusta area.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for mentioning Charmaine by name. She is a wonderful staff member who always has a smile on her face and exemplifies the type of associates everyone will encounter here at Home2 Suites
Newberry, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had a king suite room and the hotel is clean, fully equipped, pet friendly, and has several public amenities for guests including a walking trail for the dogs, very nice pool area and lounging areas outside as well. Courteous staff that is here to accomodate all guests. Nice surprise when I went in the stairway to find it clean and carpeted all the way.

Room Tip: Ask For a King Suite with a seperate bedroom (corner room)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I can tell by your review that you frequent hotels regularly. Having the stairwells lite and finished to the same level that we do the hallways is something that only a roadwarrior would notice. Those extra touches are for people like you who notice the details that make even a new hotel like ours stand out.

We look forward to having you back.

Been to Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, GA? Share your experiences!