“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch
Ranked #44 of 80 Hotels in Augusta
Toccoa
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Microtel on a couple days away for our 37th anniversary. Our room was clean and comfortable. The Internet worked well and they had free newspapers. Our room thermostat worked well and we had comfortable temperatures all night. Coffee maker in room with microwave and fridge. Breakfast was good. Bagels and cream cheese, selection of breads for toast, waffles, oatmeal, muffins, apples, oranges, boiled eggs, juice, milk and coffee. They had some problems with one of their water heaters and the shower temperature was tepid because everyone was trying to use it at the same time but that could happen anywhere. They are in the midst of changing the hall carpeting and weren't quite finished but will look very nice when they complete it.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor. They have an elevator so was not a problem.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric T, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
I'm so glad you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. We our in the process of renovations, as you stated, so I hope it didn't bother you too much. We strive to provide the best accommodations in the area. Come back and see us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Augusta, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

To be fair let me first say I stayed at this property during the aftermath of an major ice storm for the south. So my expectations were not high.

Ok first the room conditions were not that great.

1. Location

The location of this room was right behind the check-in desk, so it was noisy. Each time someone went in and out the front door your heard the slam of the door. If you stay at this property make sure you avoid this room or you will have a sleepless night.

2. TV

The TV was a joke, it was on top of the closet facing the broken couch and not the bed, I did not attempt to move the TV in fear it would fall. (pictured)

3. Check-in

When we checked in we noticed there was only one rag for the two of us, I asked if we could have another wash cloth, this was about 3 PM, I had to leave for work and left my fiance there. The clerk said it would be awhile as they were washing more. No problem,, When I returned at 1230 we still had not the wash cloth as requested 8 hours prior.The night clerk did all she could to find me one and was successful. I can understand a few hours but not over 8.

4. The "Couch"

The couch was a joke, to be fair we were told at check-in this was broken. (pictured), If it is in this shape why not just removed it! It is not comfortable and does not look safe. (pictured)

5. No Fire Exit Plan Posted/Rates (pictured)

Although I know my way out of places I always eye the exits in a building, but it was to my understanding that hotels were required to post a safety exit plan as well as max rates allowed to be charged. None of this was pictured.

6. Lighting

Will let this speak for itself. No covers poor lighting (pictured)

I had booked for two nights, the day of checkout they were doing a room check and opened the door with me still in the room. I was in the bathroom at the time. They stated they were doing a vacancy check which I thought was odd as I had not checked out yet. Then they called a few minutes later confirming someone was in the room.

When I finally went to check out I was advised I checked out already! Umm I am standing right here and my keys still worked. The day clerk was just a baffled as I was. She was extremely helpful. I was told no way to really fix it as I had already checked out, so I was only charged for one day. I was pleased with that aspect of things and helped ease the bad things that happened prior.

This was my second stay at a Microtel property the other was in Charlotte and that also was not great.

Also I am still puzzled as to why there was door going to the back office from inside our room. I can understand another room but not the back office.

Room Tip: avoid the room behind check in counter if possoble
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Eric T, Public Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I am so sorry to hear your stay wasn't as expected. We are renovating our rooms and hope to address many of the issues you stated. We hope we can accommodate you again in the future. Sorry for your troubles.
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Room was very pleasant. Nice breakfast. The staff at the front desk was outstanding! Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

I'm so glad to hear you had a pleasant experience. We pride ourselves in our courteous and friendly staff. Come back again!
Augusta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The room was clean and the staff attentive. The room had thin walls that allowed voices and noises from the adjacent room to be clearly heard. Not a good event.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Hilary T, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hello William,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I apologize you experienced such obtrusive noise during your time with us. If we have the pleasure of accommodating you again, please be sure to let us know if you experience the same issues. It is our number one priority that our customers are comfortable. We will be happy to move you to a different room in the future if the space is available. I apologize again for any disappointment caused.
North Augusta, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I will freeze before ever staying at you hotel again!!! I got there at 4:30, check in time is at 3:00.
My room wasn't ready. My husband and I went and ate, got back at 6:00 my room still wasn't
ready. They put us in another room. The tub nuzzle is broken and we got nothin but luke warm water to take showers in.
Then, last night we where woken up with the man beside us hollowering/cussing, hitting walls, stomping on the floor. Then had to listen to them moaning having sex.
I had my 10 and 8 yrs old children there. This was NOT a pleasant experience.
They also told us they would not charge the card we gave them to book the hotel,
went to check to find out they charged that card any way.
I would like to talk with someone,
Thanks,
Mrs. Hutt 803-279-8206

Hello Mrs. Hutt,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your stay. I apologize you encountered such inconveniences during your time with us. If you would like to speak to someone in management in regards to these issues, please feel free to contact us at 706-481-8010.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch? Share your experiences!