You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2909 Riverwest Drive, Augusta, GA 30907   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Augusta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pike Road, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Do not stay at here. I stayed here to do the Augusta half ironman and left my purse in the room. When I traveled back to Alabama I noticed the following week while I was at work there were charges being made to Papa Johns pizza, advance auto parts and verizon pre paid all in Augusta while I was not there anymore. I don't eat pizza and have as a female have never been to advance auto parts and I don't have a prepaid phone. I am billed for my phone service. I used the card to purchase gas before I arrived and didn't notice it was missing until I saw the charges. This place is dirty and needs repair. There was a church group that were loud in the hallways. I called to he front desk and they didn't even respond to the noise. The next morning I asked what all the noise was about and she admitted she didn't go see but asked if it ever stopped. Really? Worst experence ever. Should have known when it was so cheap it wouldn't be nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Microtel R, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
This is dissapointing for us to hear. Be rest assured we are doing our very best to rectify the problem. We have spoken to the team members (responsible for cleaning those rooms) on a one-on-one basis about the issue. We apologize for the stress and inconvenience this issue has caused you and we want (as you want) to get it solved as soon as possible. Trust and honesty are upheld in our workplace.

To take further action, we have also requested that you provide us with the details that your bank can offer you on which verizon account (by the phone number) was filled with money from your card. Please call us at your convenience so that we can move forward on our investigation and on having trustful, honest team members in our work place.

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us.
TIFTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I don't normally do these reviews. My husband is a General Manager for a hotel property and I know how people complain about the smallest things and how it can hurt your score; however, this one I must comment on. Upon entering my room, I noticed mildew stains on the sheets and other "stains" on the bed skirt. I have pictures to prove this. In all my years of traveling, I have never asked to be moved to another room before but I did this time. They were very gracious and moved me. The new room smelled like cigarette smoke, the TV had a green tint to the picture, and the batteries were dead in the remote. I am not complaining so much about the TV situation but the mildew and other stains are totally unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Microtel R, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Everything you mentioned should and must be improved. We are taking steps to ensure that this doesn't happen again. For example, we have started to do room inspections daily to make sure we understand the condition of our rooms and provide customers the best quality. Again, we very much appreciate your feedback. It's this honesty that motivates us to do a better job.
LOS ANGELES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Staff members were very attentive and friendly mold in bathrooms and for it to be a non smoking hotel you can tell guest smoked in hall ways snd rooms overall i would recommend hotel for those on a short budget

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that our staff members were very attentive to the issues that you faced. To address the smoking issue, we have enforced the fee of $150 for those individuals that smoke in our rooms. We hope that this would eliminate smoke odors that you had smelt during your stay.

Any feedback from our guests is gold - it gives us on a platter the objectives we should aim to achieve. Thank you again for your feedback.

Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

this hotel has no gym. its not functional and you are asked to go to the Confort Suites next door to use the gym. the hotel is dirty. im so uncomfortable with the grime of the carpet, that i wont walk on it barefoot. the hall carpet is really dirty with large dirt spots. there are these small bugs that I observed crawling on my phone (i dont want to take these critters home). maintenance changed cable wires on the tv but did not provide a functioning remote control. My husband, who usually stays at budget hotels when he is traveling without me is in agreement that we need to check out of this hotel and lose a days rate and check into a new hotel for the remainder of our stay.

Room Tip: choose one of the adjacent hotels. much cleaner.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you and your husband had a poor experience. At the same time, we are excited to reveal some updates for you since your stay in July. We have gotten our carpet cleaned. We are under new management. We don't have a gym but, are budgeting to get one in the next two months. We have 10 new flat screen TVs (we hope for more!). We have all staff trained on programming our remotes. And, we actively do vacant room checks daily to ensure we see the problems before customers do. If you come back and visit us again, we will give you one night complementary due to your poor experience you had back in July.

We appreciate your feedback.

Augusta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Clean and conveniently located. very nice rooms good breakfst. Samantha and Shalene were very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Microtel R, Shikha Jerath, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the condition of your room. Since your departure, we have began doing vacant room checks during every shift. Today, every room rented has been scrutinized by at least 2 team members. Stay with us again and you will see a difference. We promise.
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were in town for a large sporting event. We paid a few hundred dollars more for 1 weeknight than this room would normally go for. For the price difference for the one week event, I would expect that the Microtel could spend a little extra time/money to clean up the rooms. These were the problems with our room: sticky substance on the floor in the bathroom; rodent droppings on the counter below the window; bad smell; holes in the wall of the wardrobe; walls/drywall unfinished around the shower head, tissue holder, etc.; and a very very dirty ac unit. Again for a significant increase in price for one night in one room the hotel is making a significant income during the week of this event and they really need to put some thought into appealing to the customer who is willing to pay that additional money per night. Can you say price gauging? At least at the next hotel we checked into there was complimentary transportation to the event, free cold bottles of water and other additional amenities for the week. Mostly I just wish I didn't have to sleep next to rodent droppings. Terrible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We believe first and foremost for your experience to be comfortable and simply wonderful. We see that we did not pull through for you last April. Since your departure, we have taken many proactive steps to improve the quality of our rooms as well as your experience staying with us. For example, we are under new management. Our new General Manager believes in providing customers with a valuable experience - one that lives up to the price they pay-- and has inculcated this mentality among Microtel's employees. And, we have hot cocoa and tea every evening at 8pm, have 10 new flat screen TVs (and more soon!), deep cleaned our carpets, and coordinated for transportation during some of Augusta's biggest events.

We appreciate your feedback. It is very important to us as we want to learn and grow as a result of it.

The Microtel Team

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch? Share your experiences!