“ALL IS GOOD AT MICROTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2909 Riverwest Drive, Augusta, GA 30907   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Augusta, Georgia, United States
“ALL IS GOOD AT MICROTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Clean and conveniently located. very nice rooms good breakfst. Samantha and Shalene were very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Microtel R, Shikha Jerath, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the condition of your room. Since your departure, we have began doing vacant room checks during every shift. Today, every room rented has been scrutinized by at least 2 team members. Stay with us again and you will see a difference. We promise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were in town for a large sporting event. We paid a few hundred dollars more for 1 weeknight than this room would normally go for. For the price difference for the one week event, I would expect that the Microtel could spend a little extra time/money to clean up the rooms. These were the problems with our room: sticky substance on the floor in the bathroom; rodent droppings on the counter below the window; bad smell; holes in the wall of the wardrobe; walls/drywall unfinished around the shower head, tissue holder, etc.; and a very very dirty ac unit. Again for a significant increase in price for one night in one room the hotel is making a significant income during the week of this event and they really need to put some thought into appealing to the customer who is willing to pay that additional money per night. Can you say price gauging? At least at the next hotel we checked into there was complimentary transportation to the event, free cold bottles of water and other additional amenities for the week. Mostly I just wish I didn't have to sleep next to rodent droppings. Terrible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Microtel R, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We believe first and foremost for your experience to be comfortable and simply wonderful. We see that we did not pull through for you last April. Since your departure, we have taken many proactive steps to improve the quality of our rooms as well as your experience staying with us. For example, we are under new management. Our new General Manager believes in providing customers with a valuable experience - one that lives up to the price they pay-- and has inculcated this mentality among Microtel's employees. And, we have hot cocoa and tea every evening at 8pm, have 10 new flat screen TVs (and more soon!), deep cleaned our carpets, and coordinated for transportation during some of Augusta's biggest events.

We appreciate your feedback. It is very important to us as we want to learn and grow as a result of it.

The Microtel Team
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed here two nights in April 2012. We stayed in one of their suites on the 2nd floor. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by a clerk, who did not work at this property. She accidentally gave us the wrong type of room, we had asked for, but was very sorry and made sure that we got the room we asked for.

The room was very clean and had everything that it was suppose too for a Microtel suite, I was very surprised on the number of channel choices on the TV, including all the HBO channels.The bed was OK, to sleep in. I always prefer to stay in their suites, they provide a sofa and a small kitchen area. Mircotel rooms are small, so I prefer to pay a little extra to have more space, if I a spending more than one night. The wifi in the room worked very well, no problems with the internet. The only problem in the bathroom, was the handle on the shower, hard to turn off and to get the proper temperature of the water on the first try.

I was a little disappointed with the breakfast, I might be spoiled with other Microtel properties that have more items, On the breakfast bar, was cereal, prepackaged bagels, muffins,mini doughnuts oatmeal, grits and french toast that needed to be put in the toaster. Coffee only had sugar and Sweet and Low for sweeteners
All the staff I dealt with over my two day stay, were very helpful and nice. The location is very good, just off the highway and minutes from a large choice of restaurants. Was not able to use the pool, since the weather turned cold during our stay.

The price I paid was excellent , especially for getting the suite. If I am in the area, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Always pay extra for the suites.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta,GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This hotel has lots of amenities for the money, but they seem to be added on over a substandard base. Specifically, we were not impressed with the cleanliness. The bathroom was suspect and the carpet was definitely not clean. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there this past weekend. He comes to Augusta a few times a year and this was my first trip there with him. The hotel staff was super nice.
The only complaint I have is the smell in the elevator. It smells like there's something rotten and the smell was there for the entire weekened.
However, the staff was friendly, the room was super clean, and the breakfast was nice.
We will stay here again.
(The mirrors behind the bed are a little creepy-haha)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I had made a reservation online, when I arrived,I found out I was at the wrong location. not only did the young lady(Kamaka) at the check in counter behave extremely polite, she helped me to cancel my online booking for a different location, and checked me in here, within 5 minutes.
After a couple hours, we decided to go to dinner, the young man (Joel) at the counter was extremely helpful in giving us directions where to find the most restaurants, and explained very well the area we were in.Kudos to both of these young people, and the hotel!!
Rooms look exactly as nice in person, as they do online. stayed one exit down last night,(horrible experience) what an amazing difference!!!this place is wonderful, as well as all staff we encountered.(Joel & Kamaka) we will be back! 1-15-12

Room Tip: all rooms are clean, quiet and well kept.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the forth time while visiting our children in Evans. Rooms have always been clean, the breakfast simple but adequate to get you on your way. Front desk girls were cheerful and helpful, Deepika and Chaleen were always ready to assist you.
Was especially impressed with Coreen our housekeeper. Left my billfold and several gift cards in my room one day. When I discovered the forgetfulness in the afternoon, a hurried trip back to the hotel discovered the room had been cleaned and billfold and contents were as I had left them. Thanks Staff, you are all great.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Augusta/Riverwatch? Share your experiences!