“Quiet, Clean, Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham

You added Wingate by Wyndham to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2123 Noland Connector, Gordon Hwy & Bobby Jones Xprwy, Augusta, GA 30906   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 80 Hotels in Augusta
Murrells Inlet, SC
“Quiet, Clean, Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here twice while picking up our son from Ft. Gordon; once in a King Suite, and once in a regular king room. The hotel is new. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The employees are friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Not much around the hotel, kind of off the beaten path, but it is very close to Ft. Gordon and the main highway, Plenty of places to eat, etc within a couple of miles. The free WIFI is quick and reliable. My only complaint is the juices and coffee at the breakfast are watered down and terrible. We did get a danish or something and then used the coffeemaker in the room to make our own coffee. They do have waffles you can make. I would stay here again for one or two nights.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sainte Genevieve
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I was a little afraid to make the reservation after seeing some of the postings but we really liked the place - First of all it was very clean and the beds were very comfortable - the breakfast was awesome - scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits, bagels, cereal several kinds of juices , belgian waffles .... a person did not go away hungry - it was quiet - would highly recommend staying there .. and the price was very reasonable

Room Tip: if you want connecting rooms the only rooms that connect are a king room and then a double room - i...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We were planning to stay elsewhere. Stopped in to see the hotel and accommodations, stayed for a week. Trish Morris the Hotel Manager was absolutely wonderful. Her kindness and patience far exceed any hotel desk manager I have met. She went out of her way to ensure that the rooms meet our needs. We were traveling with an elderly handicapped man for a military graduation. She made sure both rooms were located together, that his room met his requirements, and made us feel like we were the most important guests in the hotel. She is the type of person you want to call a friend, not an acquaintance met on travel. Her staff members were friendly and always greeted you with a smile. Pam the night desk manager was gracious and kind and again, met our needs as if we were the most important guests in the hotel. But I watched her with other guests and got the feeling that everyone gets treated the same way. The rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was a full meal consisting of eggs, sausage, bacon, -- whatever you need. Pool is not located on the property but only 5 minutes away. We were celebrating my son's graduation from class at Fort Gordon; I was impressed by the staff's patriotism and their respect given to him for serving in the Army. While staying at this hotel - I realized that he was no longer just my son -- but America's son - ready to serve his country.
STAY HERE. You can't go wrong with Trish and Pam.

Room Tip: Show your military ID
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I would like to say that your front desk attendant was very helpful (PAM HARRIS) i think im spelling it correctly ,i was very pleased with her friendliness and with the great customer service she provided me and my family . Anything we needed she was there to help she really made our stay a pleasant one (;

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I booked my hotel through Expedia where I requested 2 rooms with double beds and it was confirmed that I had these rooms and there will be no issues. I arrived at the hotel on June 23 with 7 kids in my party, for a four day trip, and was told that Expedia never verified these rooms with the hotel. After talking on the phone with Expedia(Holly) for 3 hours and all she can say was too leave the hotel and find another one because they didnt want to pay the difference for their messup. In addition, this is the second hotel that I had now that couldn't accomodate me after Expedia so called confirmed my reservation and the kids were really getting restless at this time. During this 3 hour wait, I met the two best people in the world, Trish(GM) and Erika(Front desk clerk). These two employees were so helpful to me in this most stressful time, that they made me really understand what it means to receive good customer service. After 3 hours and keeping the kids from "killing" eachother, these two made sure that me and the kids had somewhere to stay despite what Expedia was refusing to do for me. I really appreciate these two and expressed it to them with my greatest sincerity during my stay. If you need a hotel that has the greatest customer service rating in my eyes, see Trish and Erika at Wingate-Ft. Gordon.

Thanks
Demetris

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

The Hotel had various types of reservations for familes attending a swim meet near by. I made my reservations through Wyndham so I had no problem checking in Sat May 14. However, in front of me in line to check in was a woman who had made their reservations through a third party like Expedia. The Front Desk Clerk Tamika had to tell these folks that their third party reservations were over booked and they did not have a room for them. One lady with a third party reservation kept insisting she had a reservation and demanded a room. Tamika kept her cool and explained the problem at least 4 times to this woman. She also offered to see if there was a room available at the other Wingate about 5 miles away.

At this point I inturrupted the dialogue and asked to be checked in. As Tamika was checking me in I told the lady it was best to book rooms with the chain website.

I tell this tale because Tamika was very professional and patient. I would rate her as Superb Customer Service.

Room Tip: Always book a room through the hotel chain wedsit.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
AugustaBestHotel, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for your great feedback! We love to hear that our employees are professional and courteous. It is unfortunate that the hotel reservation of the guest was gone due to overbooking. Thank you again and please remember us again in future travels.
Augusta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed here from Sunday, May 1st to Monday May 9th. The next morning early I was awakened by workmen in the hallway right in front of my room no. 103 taking up carpet, and installing new carpet. When I finally got up to go and eat breaksfast, I stepped on carpet adhesive. The Next morning I stepped on nails. The Food staff person Pam was great in putting out food. Tomika & Erica, the front desk staff was great. Michelle and Gwen, the housekeeping staff kept my room immaculate. But the general manager Julia Weaver is a disgrace, I brought her to my room to show her where I stepped out on carpet adhesive and nails, and I requested a discount because of this and the noise. She just looked at me as if I was stupid, and like she just did not care whatsoever. I have never ever dealt with a manager with an attitude as hers. I thought one the main reasons the Wingate is here is to give good customer service, but this is not GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, actually they should refund me some money back. And also I deserve a written letter of apology from Julia Weaver, and the Wingate owners at the Gordon Highway location. It is a disgrace for I having to write this review in year 2011. If Ms. Weaver would have taken better care of the situation, I would not have to write this review. Or least it could have been all positive.

Another terrible thing about this hotel is that the carpet installers and painters constantly go into the dining area and eat food from 6:00 am until 10:00 am. When I dropped my husband to work one morning I saw some of the carpet installers in the dining area eating before the guests of the hotel. One moring while I was eating I saw one of the workman get off his knees go into the dinining area and grab a plate of food and started eating. I discussed this with another guest about how upset this made me because of
HYGIENE! This is nasty and disgusting! Also are we the guests supporting the workman of this hotels breaksfast bills each day while they are working here. If guests are subject to improper hygiene, they should be made very aware of this before checking in. This is another injustice I felt with while staying at the Wingate Hotel on Gordon Highway.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
AugustaBestHotel, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for your review on the property. I apologize for your less than wonderful stay.
The manager has written an apology letter. As you said the hotel is going through renovations, and our hope for a hotel is not to disturb guests during this process. Please consider to stay at the hotel another time after renovations are finished. We have addressed the staff issues and ensure that your next stay will be a wonderful stay.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham? Share your experiences!