“very nice park” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
23 attraction reviews
“very nice park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

nice views and very educational for the kids i would highly recommend visiting with the family and snapping a few pics

Visited August 2013

Aiken, South Carolina
11 attraction reviews
“Outstanding adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have visited several times and never have I been disappointed. This morning I went early, 9:00, and it was outstanding. The beauty of the swamp was at its peak. I took the Beaverdam Trail in reverse, which is always a good thing to do when you are expecting a hot day. If i was an artist I would never have gotten past the walkway. The venue was breathtaking! The osprey were standing on their nest taking care of their young and the bullfrogs and birds were out in abundance. As the morning went on and got hotter, I entered the first half which goes through the trees and is cooler. The walkway on the green trail was in disarray from the weather lately, but not really a problem and there was no mosquito problem at all. I did have to keep swatting the sweat flies but the problem was intermittent and did not detract from the pleasure of the walk. I walked this on my own but the first Saturday of each month, they have guided free tours through the swamp and the full-moon walks are not to be missed.Pets are welcome if you clean up after them and there is a 7-mile bicycle tour scheduled for October, according to their sign. Bring your camera, children, friends, and anyone else. This is worthwhile!

Visited June 2014
Athens, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I drove over from Athens (about 1 1/2 hours) for my first visit to Phinizy Swamp and I wasn't disappointed. I spent about 2 hours walking around with my camera photographing birds, butterflies, dragonflies, and snakes. I also saw rabbits, deer, and an armadillo. A great place!

Visited June 2014
Augusta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Great family outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If your looking for a place to hike, look at nature, including alligators this is your place. The cost is free. Located by the airport you also get the additional bonus of low flying aircraft to marvel at during your hike. The nature center is open and free as well most of the times we have been. Pack a lunch and enjoy Augusta Swamp with the family.

Visited March 2014
Augusta, Maine
“Trip throught the swamp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I really enjoy walking through Phinizy Swamp. You are actually in the swamp but don't worry, they have a bridge that you use to walk through. You can see birds, turtle and fish and occasionally deer. Very nice and peaceful place.

Visited April 2014

Been to Phinizy Swamp Nature Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Phinizy Swamp Nature Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.