“We'll Be Back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parliament Resort (Gay Male Only)

Parliament Resort (Gay Male Only)
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Augusta
Parliament Resort (Gay Male Only)
You added Parliament Resort (Gay Male Only) to your Saves list
1250 Gordon Highway, Augusta, GA 30901   |
Guild, Tennessee
“We'll Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

My partner and I stayed at this resort in early September for two days on a trip from Charleston, SC back home to Chattanooga, TN. We are both fond of retro style motels so was delighted that this complex used to be an Alamo Plaza Hotel Court now converted to a resort for men. Our room was clean, the pool looked like it was in a tropical garden, and there were ample play areas for the guys who to play. The guests and staff were friendly and we fell in love with Mama June and really liked Doober. It is a do again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

i took some time off on a trip down to Florida to stop by the Parliament in Augusta. I knew nothing about the place other than that it was for men only. I was very pleased.
The motel assigned me a room fairly close to the pool, and where I had a view of anyone coming and going in the parking lot. The room was nothing luxurious, but it was clean and comfortable. As a bit of an exhibitionist I appreciated the big windows - to both the parking lot and the more private walk area in the back. I was able to expose myself to many guys, and enjoy others watching my activities. Even the shower had a window in it, and twice I enjoyed guys coming up to the window to watch me shower.
The maze was incredible - offering as much activity as anyone would want. Siting naked in the lounge was good. The pool is the most spectacular thing about the place, though. Very nice and well created; always naked the whole time I was there. The hot tub is very private and extremely cruisey.
There are some female staff members - but they are comfortable with seeing naked men.
I look forward to going there again.

Stayed May 2008
N.E.PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2007

I have stayed here twice and just booked another stay. The first stay was in late September of 2005, and the second was May of 2006. I stayed a full week the first time and a long weekend the second time. I have found the staff to be very friendly, both the desk staff and the housekeepers. I found the week days nice and relaxing, and pretty quiet. The weekends are their busiest time.

I will say that the room I had the first time, had a shower with the strongest force I have ever experienced. That is not a negative. As other people have said, this is an older Motel, but the staff does take care of it and the rooms seem to be getting upgraded a few at a time. The grounds are very nice, during the spring the banana trees around the pool were cut back quite a bit, but at the end of the summer they are quite lush.

My last trip it was nice to see that the little restaurant had been taken over by the hotel management ( it had been leased prior) and that it had better hours, and the menu was adequate.

Most of the guests that I met where very friendly. One does run into unhappy or, ignorant people everywhere though.

Bottom line, if you are gay and looking for a place to chill during the week, or a place to play on the weekend it is a very good deal! If you just got hitched and are looking for a honeymoon spot, then go elsewhere!!

• Liked — Atmosphere, hot tub, maze, tower, pool area.
  • Disliked — Rude guests
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

Had a great time. The staff was friendly and the grounds were nicely kept. I enjoyed the company of the other men staying at the resort. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

this place is really really bad. the rooms are dirty. the staff is unfriendly. the location is away from any real action. augusta is a boring town, or at least this part of augusta is. video room is understocked and dirty. the pool area is not well kept. the people who come here are also kind of sketchy. don't come here if u expect cute 20 somethings. u will get fat 50 year old guys.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — price, location, ammenities
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2006

What a wonderfull time! It exceeds all expectations. The other guest are so giving and the atmosphere is amazing. The gift shop has everything you need to make the visit as comfortable as possible. They have a Big, I mean Huge security guard that makde me feel sooo safe.

Rod

• Stayed May 2006
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

This is not a brand new place. It is an old motor-lodge that has been converted to new use. I enjoyed the kitchy old-style look, but some would not. It has been kept up pretty well, and was very clean, but there were some cracks in the tile, and the sink and tub in my room were covered in painted on porcelain repair, etc.

The people were nice overall, down to earth working-class for the most part. Of course anytime you are that close to Atlanta, you're going to have a little attitude. This is not the place to go if you need a perpetual supply of 20 year-olds with 2% body fat to enjoy yourself.

But if you want someplace to get away that is reasonably priced, clean, and where there are a lot of people to meet and interact with, this is a good option. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but it is not priced as such. The guys aren't models, but they're nice and approachable. I had a great time, and came back relaxed and happy. If you're really persnikety about little stuff though, you'll find ample material for nit-pickery.

• Stayed April 2006