“One night at The Masters” 4 of 5 stars

Affordable Suites of America Augusta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2633 Perimeter Parkway, Augusta, GA 30909   |
Ranked #4 of 79 hotels in Augusta
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“One night at The Masters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Got a blinding deal at this hotel the Sunday night before The Masters. With most places charging upwards of $200, I managed to get a night here at less than half the price! The rooms are ideal. Sure they're not fancy but they do not claim to be! They are spacious, clean and have everything you need. The buzz of being in Augusta on Masters week is immense and was more than happy with the accommodation of choice. Thanks for a pleasant and enjoyable stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in the decline of this otherwise new establishment. We have used this location since the summer of 2012 and it has worked out perfectly. It was safe clean new and Sheryl the manager would always at anytime always was so accommodating. I called recently for another stay on a Saturday about 1pm and they were closed! Really this is a hotel??? Anyway I contacted the manager which I presumed was Sheryl and they have a new person named Debbie. Let's just say not so accommodating. At first she said she had no rooms but it was really because the office was closed and I got the feeling she didn't want to be bothered. Just a note the manager actually lives on site. So after I explained that we are business owners and we are regulars but what really felt like twisting her arm she got me a room. I called the following day to extend the stay and she says she has no rooms. THIS IS AUGUSTA PEOPLE!!!! I have never ever ever stayed there and it was at maximum capacity. It was pure laziness as far as I'm concerned. This is not how you build no standing customer service. I don't know what happened to Sheryl but please bring her back!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Debbie R, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
I apologize that our customer service was not as you expected. We do strive to give excellent customer service to all of our guest. It was unfortunate that we could not accommodate your husband for a second night due to the fact that we were at 100% occupancy. I hope that if he is in the area again that he will give us another try. Have a Great Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie R
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I needed a total of 4 rooms throughout the week of the Masters. Sheryl and the team at affordable suites were more then accommodating for the week. They took care of us and continued to follow up to ensure we didn't need anything else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My family and I traveled to Augusta from Maryland in February 2013, surprising my son (who plays basketball for ASU) for his birthday. Prior to our stay, we spoke with Sheryl on a few occasions, where she was ensuring our travel dates and rates. Once we arrived, we could not have asked for better customer service than what we received. Sheryl was very polite, very welcoming and very professional. We booked two rooms and were completely satisfied with them both as they were very clean, very spacious and actually very inviting.

Another thing that I was impressed with...when we were on the road headed back to Maryland, Sheryl called just to see if we enjoyed our stay, not just in the Suites, but in Augusta as well.

I can honestly say, every time that we visit Augusta, Affordable Suites of America will definitely be where we will be staying!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
sheryl k, Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at Affordable Suites Augusta.
We are pleased that you had a great stay.
We strive to ensure every guests expectations are exceeded.We pride ourselves on the commitment to cleanliness and keeping our property inviting to all.
I am glad yo enjoyed your time in Augusta and had a great visit with your son.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Bellflower, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm a 4th year medical student who was doing his elective rotations at Doctor's Hospital in Augusta. I could not have asked for a more perfect location to stay--the hospital is literally next door to Affordable Suites! I could have walked there, but decided to take my car anyway which amounted to a commute time of 50 seconds (give or take)!

The price of my studio suite (Suite 220) was very affordable for what I got: kitchen (sink, electric stove, oven, microwave, mini fridge), decent bed, decent pillows, desk, reclining chair, flat screen TV, WiFi (Very fast, by the way...1.2 mb download speed!), and a very spacious bathroom. I loved it! Of all the places that I have had to stay for my rotations, this by far is my favorite. It is very clean--the maid staff comes once a week and does a great job cleaning up the place and giving you LOTS of fresh towels. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the courtyard. There are two gas grills that anyone can use with plenty of tables and patio space. There's a separate laundry room (4 washing machines $1.50/load, 4 dryers for $1.00/load), soda vending machines, and a small fitness room (1 treadmill). My only minor complaint is that my bed was a little on the firm side....which isn't totally my thing...but I'm sure there are others who appreciate a firm mattress. What was important was that it was clean, I had clean sheets, and plenty of pillows.

There are two staircases and no elevator. That may be an issue if you have a lot of stuff to lug up and down, but seriously, it's no big deal. It's not a huge flight of stairs, so I'm not quite sure what the other reviewer was complaining about. Can there be a lot of smokers lounging around in the OUTDOOR patio areas and walk ways? Sure. Are there construction workers who use this place? Sure. But who cares? They are respectful and just relaxing. Just keep your windows closed and crank up the nice A/C unit that comes with each suite. I didn't have a problem with it. There are also families who rent the suites, so it feels like a little apartment complex.

Last, but certainly not least, Cheryl is an awesome facility manager! She is very kind, knows your name, and is on the ball with attending to your needs. She helped me to save money actually by recommending the studio suite since I was by myself. You will not be disappointed by staying here. In fact, I have recommended it to other students who will be in the area rotating at Doctor's. If I come back to Augusta, I will definitely give Cheryl a call!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sheryl k, Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write you review on your stay at Affordable Suites Augusta while working at Doctors Hospital.We are happy you found our location and overall hotel ideal for your rotation at Doctors Hospital.
We pride ourselves on our excellent cleaning staff and all strive to exceed all of our guests needs.

I thank you for the referrals and positive remarks. It means a lot to the staff to see their efforts are noticed by our guests.

We look forward to seeing you when you are in Augusta
Sincerely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Where to start! Sheryl the manager lives on site and she has her hand in not only dealing with sales but she gets involved with the upkeep and the guests. My family was leaving Augusta after 7 years and wanted a good, safe place to stay for 9 days while we wrapped up loose ends. The room for a family of four adults was a perfect size. Housekeeping was scheduled for day five of our stay, she made sure that we got fresh linens. Not on just a set day of the week but fixed it so midway through the stay you were taken care of. Yes you have to take out your own trash but since the place feels like home, you should pick up after yourself :).

There was just such a laid back feel. There are not a zillion rooms so there isn't a lot of people there, it gives off a friendly vibe and guests actually greet each other. If you are coming here for any length if time, this should be your first choice. It's close to shopping and dining which is great but what had me the most was how Sheryl treated every guest as if they were family.

• Stayed February 2013
sheryl k, Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for writing your positive review on your stay at Affordable Suites Augusta.
We our glad you found our suite layout so accommodating, the living room and separate bedroom make it ideal and help our guests feel more at home than in a hotel room. We are also glad to hear that you found all of our guests and our overall property to friendly and inviting.
With the Augusta Exchange Shopping Plaza right around the corner from our property we are able to offer our guests conveniently located restaurants and shopping.
We wish you and your family all the best in the future and look forward to seeing you again in you return to Augusta.
Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Recently I stayed at this property for three days. There were some positives such as room cleanliness, quiet location, newer property and comfortable bed. However the negatives gave it a low rating. $25 fee if you lock yourself out of your room, a great deal of smoking in the interior courtyard (including employees), no elevator, no hairdryer, no coffee, etc. This is really an extended stay motel frequented by construction workers. This is NOT an exceptional property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at Affordable Suites Augusta.
We take pride in the level of cleanliness of our newest property and all of our guests find our location very convenient, we are happy you were also pleased with these areas.
Since we are an extended stay hotel we have not provided hair dyers nor coffee in our suites on a regular basis but have both of these items available at the office.
Due to past reviews and suggestions from past guests, We have recently added irons and ironing boards to each suite and are in process of adding hair dryers.
We take every review and guest comment seriously and are always looking for ways to improve overall guest satisfaction. Thank you for pointing out the areas you did and we are looking into ways to correct them if we have not already.

Sincerely
Manager

Been to Affordable Suites of America Augusta? Share your experiences!