“Amazing Customer Service for a small but cozy place” 5 of 5 stars

Country Hearth Inn Augusta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2182 Gordon Highway, Augusta, GA 30909   |
Ranked #49 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Chino, CA
“Amazing Customer Service for a small but cozy place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I recently had to attend some ancillary training at Fort Gordon, and it's often very hard to book anything near the base. I was not only able to book a room for the duration of my training, but the staff here went above and beyond what I consider good customer services. They provided me with directions to places I needed to go, and a clean room every day of my stay. When I called about a light bulb that didn't work, they replaced it within 15 minutes.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

We were in Augusta, Ga. for the Masters. We booked this motel with the owner's wife and spoke to the owner when booking with questions about the property. We were told that it was very nice, and rooms were in excellent condition. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Upon entering room, there was popcorn on the dirty carpet, holes in wallpapered walls, with plaster patch on them, it was a non-smoking room, with cigarette burns on several surfaces, a nasty stain was on the comforter, and an exposed box spring was covered with dust and yes ugh hair! We were told there was a full size refrigerator, it was a very small apt. size one. They advertised free long distance, and the girl at the desk would not honor it until I took a copy of ad (which was from a booklet in their lobby) to her, and she made a copy of it to show owner. We were on the bottom floor next to stairs to upper level, and there was an exhaust fan or something that made a loud noise all night long. When booking this room, we asked about breakfast, and the owner told us they would be serving a special hot breakfast for the Masters, it was a sausage patty, hard fried egg and biscuit. Also, they told us there was a pool, but a sign hanging in the lobby said pool was closed. Soon as we entered and saw the room we told the employee we wanted to leave and get a refund. She said she couldn't do that. We had to pay in full over a month before our stay, and it cost $306.00!!!!!!! per night as they were gouging because of the Masters. There normal rate is $50.00 per night. We have pictures to document all, and did speak to the owner while there and he would not refund our money. We checked the Microtel motel next and they charged $150.00 to $200.00 per night during Masters week and it was ten times as nice. Unfortunately, they were booked, but we took pictures of one of their rooms to compare the difference. We repeatedly expressed our displeasure, but the owner said we were looking for a very nice hotel on a budget price. We told him $306.00 a night is not a budget price, but really, we were just looking for clean. We have contacted America's Best Franchising, the franchisor, and they contacted the owner of the Country Hearth, but he refuses to refund any portion of our bill. They claim they can not make him refund any money, but she asked us to send our pictures to her, and they will see where they can take it from there. By the way, we flew out of Atlanta the next day, and stayed at their airport Marriott for $119.00 per night. It was fabulous! We would stay at a Motel 6 before we would stay at this motel. We don't have one nice thing to say about it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

This place was terrible. The room was filthy. There was no hot water the whole week that I stayed there. I complained several times but it was never fixed. This would not be a good place for children to stay either. There was a huge chunk of carpet missing in the middle of the floor in my room....kinda made me wonder what happened in that room???? Also, there was blood on the blanket on the bed. I called the front desk and told them and was told that there was nothing they could do about it. When I went down to the lobby to discuss this with them, the desk clerk was making out with her boyfriend, so then I understood why she couldn't come remove the bloody blanket from the bed. There were also cigarette holes burned in the sheets and comforter. The hotel was pretty much full with construction workers and there was no parking due to their equipment taking up all the avaliable parking spaces. I had to park on the opposite side of the hotel from my room, which was not very safe. The location was terrible..pretty much in the bad part of town...no restaurants or anything close by. The hotel provided a computer with internet to guests, but every time I tried to use this computer for business purposes, the desk clerk's boyfriend was on it for hours on end. The refrigerator had left over food in it from the previous guests. The tile in the kitchen area was so sticky that my shoes stuck to it...same thing in the bathroom. I felt very unsafe the whole time I stayed there. I definitely would not stay at this place again.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Salt Lake City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2006

I was looking for a hotel to stay after a terrible experience at the Comfort Inn. I did not stay at the Country Hearth Inn, but did check it out and see a room. The lobby smelled funny. The rooms all have exterior entry (a security downfall). I asked to see a non-smoking room, and the hotel manager showed me a room labeled non-smoking that reeked of cigarette smoke! There was even an ash tray in the room! We didn't even consider it further. Overall, kind of dirty looking.

• Stayed July 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
atlanta,ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

Oh my goodness! I knew from the exterior of the hotel that we were going to have some problems. I felt really bad staying in this place. So much so that I wanted to cry.

As I was checking in, the owner told me they sold out of king beds before my reservation came in that morning, so they booked me in a double bed with no extra charges.

I checked in, got my keys, and headed to the room. As soon as I opened the door all I smelled was the odor of cigarette smoke. I specifically asked for a non-smoking room because of my daughter's allergies.

The manager claimed there was NOTHING they could do, but because I was such a "nice girl", he'd put me in a non-smoking room the next morning. I was furious. But all the other hotels I saw in the city had lit up NO VACANCY signs. So this meant my only other option was to go to CVS and purchase Lysol and Febreeze. The Lysol helped alot for the time being. The Febreeze only helped for about 30 minutes.

The next morning Sam changed my room to a non-smoking. It was better but not by much.

In this room the toilet took forever to fill up once we flushed it.

In the smoking room the wall paper was coming off the wall, the shower head didn't work properly, the vcr was broken and the door to the vcr was torn off, the racks to the freezer were on top of the fridge and the room door was flemsy. I put a chair under the doorknob as we slept.

The pool was opened and surprisingly clean. My daughter enjoyed her 45 minute play time in the pool. The lobby was clean and welcoming. I used the computer that was in the lobby to check my email and so some research.

I will NEVER go here again!

Microtel, the hotel next door looks more appealing and new. try them first.

If you are a Hilton, Marriot, Waverly kinda person like me, please take my advice and not book this hotel.

I was truly fooled by the reviews I got from other sites. So being that I didn't see a review here, I felt I needed to post one.

• Stayed May 2006
CountryHearthAugusta, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn Augusta, responded to this review, March 9, 2007
We are under new ownership and management since May 2006, all of our rooms are very clean and only 20% are smoking rooms, therefore 80% smoke free. We take pride in our hotel and hope that you will see that.