“This place is terrible.” 1 of 5 stars

Country Hearth Inn Augusta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2182 Gordon Highway, Augusta, GA 30909   |
Ranked #49 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“This place is terrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

TV and airconditioning didn't work. Workout equipment was broken. They only had two clothes hangers and one of them was broken. The only saving grace was Deborah, the manager, who did her best to help. Stay away!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On the drive from Atlanta, my friends and I were joking about bed bugs -- after reading the reviews online. It was too late for us and during the Masters, not much choice available. Upon entering my room, I rolled back the covers to see 2 bugs crawl across the sheets! Horrified, I thought for a few moments about sleeping in the car but instead, called the desk and they switched my room. I didn't see any bugs in the one they gave me but I also didn't sleep a wink thinking about bugs.

In fairness, I don't think they were bed bugs. Fleas most likely -- still.

The new room was filthy. Hairs in the shower. Shaving stubble in the sink. Disgusting. I've stayed in hotels around the world -- some good, some bad. This place was the absolute worst.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Smyrna, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel was not what it shows on its web site. It jacuzi room was so nasty and small. As soon as i open the door it was a horrible smell to the room. Carpet was filthy, the bathroom was filthy, the jacuzi was dirty. I was charge $108 dollars and the room was not even worth 20 dollars. Air condition did not work. Pool was nasty. It was people out side doing drugs and selling them as well. Noisy the whole night. I believe that this Inn was a lousy, hotel and would not recommend it to any one. Me and my wife was so disappointed in this hotel. Its web site is a complete lie. I can't even give it a rating it was that bad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
stratford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had booked our room for the Masters Tournament in July 2011, During the next several months, we had read several negative reviews and were apprehensive. We were pleasantly surprised - our room was large, and clean. We did not avail ourselves of the continental breakfast, leaving early for the Masters. We stopped in at the front desk each morning for the daily newspaper (there was a good supply). We were invited to the Happy Hour gathering each evening. Although we did not attend, certainly felt welcomed by the staff. The staff were very friendly, and helpful. A special mention to Debra - a wonderful ambassador not only for the Inn but for Augusta. On her day off, we met at a grocery store - she recognized us and we had a nice conversation. We felt like we were talking with a friend. If we are ever fortunate enough to return to the Masters, we would certainly stay at the Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed here the weekend of the Masters. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, some things were a little worn but, we found the room to be very pleasant. The pool was closed due to the weather but, it looked clean. The staff was very nice and helpful, and held a Happy Hour in the lobby at night with free beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks. Complimentary breakfast was served in the morning but, we didn't try it, so I don't know how good it was. It wasn't that far from Augusta National Golf course, so it was very convenient. I thought for the price of the room, it was a fantastic deal!!!! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Clean accommodation with average facilities but just as required during Masters week. Microwave if needed and staff very helpful if anything required to top up, i.e. coffee etc. Complementary breakfast okay for cereals, bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. Happy hour in evening with free beers, wine, soft drinks and water. For Masters week if sharing, two queen bedded rooms, then good value. Only 8 miles to the Masters so easy travelling. Also available, if required, shuttle buses at reasonable cost.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Traveling to Augusta for a graduation ceremony. Needed 3 rooms for 1 night. Got a rate of $57 per room. When I arrived in the lobby, I used their restroom. Both wall hanging soap dispensers were out, and there was a small, dirty, used bar on the sink.
After we checked in, we went to our rooms. All 3 smelled heavily of potpourri or some type of odor covering spray. Unfortunately, it couldn't cover the mold/mildew smell. The sheets appeared clean, but the rest of the room felt damp and sticky. The A/C units had dust, debris, and food particles in the vents. One of the rooms had a chair beside the TV table that had a large hole in the upholstery.
After debating for about 5 minutes, we decided that we could not stay in these conditions. When we asked the front desk for a refund, they refused! I was appalled and needless to say I will NEVER stay at a Country Hearth Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family